Nutribullet?!?!?!?!?

Options
I just got the nutribullet and I'm not impressed. It came out lumpy and my drink ended up hot. All the reviews says its great and that it takes a while for the blades to actually work....help? what about the heat?

Replies

• TaiChiGuy
    TaiChiGuy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make sure there is enough water. (Don't over pack the cups) If it is still too warm, you can add ice cubes. My experience is that it does come out lumpier than they show on TV,
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Yep add liquid until it's moving nicely. You can cook food in a blender if you whirl it too long.

I'm hesitant to post this as I've found it's not exactly healthy, but it worked great in my Magic Bullet when my kids were young. Something for you to get an idea of how much liquid.

“Mom”ba Juice
    1 cup Frozen Tropical Frozen Fruit (140g)
    ½ cup Orange Sherbet (86g)
    1 cup V8 Fusion (Mango Peach, Tropical Orange, Açai Mixed Berry) (250g)

Add ingredients to a blender (Magic Bullet works great!) in order listed. Whirl until all frozen fruit is pureed and drink. The grams are provided, because I put my blender container on a food scale. I then weigh in the frozen fruit. Push button to clear weight. Weigh in the sherbet. Push button to clear and then weigh in the V8 Fusion. Saves having to dirty measuring cups. Makes 1 serving.

Any kind of fruit can be used. Any flavor of sherbet and V8 Fusion can be used. The above is our favorite. Experiment and find your favorite.
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That's weird! I've never had a problem with lumps! I fill the fruits and veggies to the line then pour whatever liquid I'm using up to the line. I give it some short bursts then take it off, shake it up a little, then some more bursts. If the fruit is frozen you may have to pour your liquid in, screw the cap on and shake it up then leave it set for 5-10 mins, then try to blend.
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    No lumps or heat with mine. It works great even with frozen fruit. Couple of bursts or let it blend a little longer than usual.
  • lilacmeddow
    lilacmeddow Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for over 2 years now and I'm in love with it. I agree with other posters though you really can't overpack the cup and make sure you have plenty of liquid. I use water or if I'm feeling frisky Green Tea. But I use mine for way more stuff as well. I make pineapple fluff that I found on pinterest and it's amazing. I've also made my own almond butter with it (using the milling blade). That one requires A LOT of patience but it's totally worth it.

Do a bit of experimenting with it and give it time. It's a great little kitchen device. Mine lives on the counter. I never put it away.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I've had mine over a year and I love it! The problem you describe sounds like the motor is overheating, hence the contents getting warm. I've only had this happen a couple of times when I tried to make hummus and when I try and blend dry ingredients. Are you using the milling blade to the Cross The Nutribullet isn't really designed for the motor to be on for longer than a couple of minutes, as it is so powerful, and gets too hot. The key is to add adequate liquid when making your smoothies. Check out youtube to see the quantities of fruit veggies you are meant to add in with your liquid.