Psstt....What's your secret?

Options
Everyone has them. Whether it's really a secret or not, we all have our tricks and tips that helps us lose weight, or keep it off, in the long run.

Mine is exercising at least one hour a day doing cardio and pilates. I eat what I want, but try to make the better choices, and always in moderation.

So, come on. Share your secrets. What's yours?

Replies

• melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Drinking water.. lots of it!!! :)
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Eating my meals with chopsticks.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Real food, from the earth or an animal ;) Nutrient dense. As well as circuit training with strength and cardio! :)
  • MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    Water and keeping my mind/hands busy so I don't eat just because I'm bored.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Eat your calories...don't stop. Don't eat after 8PM. And keep your spirits up. Its a hard journey but you can do it! Keep a great attitude and a smile on your face!!!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Interval training....
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    Eating my meals with chopsticks.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Very funny :laugh:

mine is being accountable for the first time in my life. More cals going out then coming in!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    eating nutritionally dense foods, with lots of protein and fiber and staying within my calories
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Water, keeping busy with projects so I don't eat out of boredom, and I always keep Granny Smith apples on hand. They are a great snack, and because they are sour they kinda make my stomach pucker up or something so I don't feel like eating for a while afterward, lol. I am sure that sounds weird.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i have kids and a job where I'm constantly running back and forth. so even i don't get a exercise in i know i'm burning some calories.
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Tracking what I eat. It makes me accountable for what I put in my body and if I don't want to journal it, I probably won't eat it!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    eat less and exercise more there is not secret to weight loss..
  • ElisaMarie82
    Options
    I have been shedding pounds by simply doing 40 minutes - 1 hour of cardio, 5 times a week, and if I happen to go over my calorie intake that day then I hit the workout really hard! Don't ever let yourself feel like you've failed if you splurge once in a while, we all do it! Good luck on your journey! <3
  • Photoplex
    Photoplex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Prunes. A lot of prunes. And interval cardio training, although December has been a bit of a fail for that.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Getting over my sugar addiction... along with limiting grains

Eat stop eat - intermittent fasting.

but they're not secrets; it feels natural!! the way it always should have been.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I stay away from meats of all kind.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Taking the time to chew my food & keeping an open mind :)
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    View food as fuel 1st; enjoyment 2nd!
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Braces. They hurt like hell and I can't eat.

...not really, although that is a problem at the moment.

It's eating what I like, but only a little of it.

And I take a low-cal snack with me to the gym so after I work out I won't die on the bike ride home or eat a ton of sugar when I get there.

And vegetarianism, so that my family doesn't feel inclined to make me enormous meals.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!