Looking for other tattooed support

Options
Sounds silly, but I am looking for tattooed friends and supportive people that don't judge people that have a bunch of tattoos.. I'm looking for someone to relate to and not have to wonder if they are going to look at my progress photos and go "eww" or "OMG" because of my tats. Living in a small town I am constantly given dirty looks, hearing rude comments and judged for having children..somehow they think that effects who I am as a parent.. Maybe there are also some other tattooed Mommies out there? If you're any of those, shoot me a friend request!
If you're wondering about my goals: I have 41lbs to lose, I've lost 41lbs over the years, 38 of those pounds I have lost over the last 6 weeks(after the birth of my youngest) and i am 21lbs under my pre pregnancy weight. I am on my 3rd day of p90x3!

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Ah, small towns, gotta love them. Learn to accept that some people aren't going to like you no matter what you do. It makes for a much happier life when you learn to blow off that kind of crap. Good luck with your goals!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    got to love small towns, that being said , tons of people have tattoos , ive got LOTs , throw me in the mix :D
  • Foxcyclops
    Foxcyclops Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For myself I have not tattoos, but I'm not one to judge a person for having one or several tattoos. I will admit that I prefer those people who have quite a lot of tattoos that they have planned well how they are placed and incorporate into the design as a whole over those folks who just seem to apply a hit and miss type of design approach.

For me to ever get a tattoo it will have to quite a bit of personal feeling put in to it and have some significance to my life and those I love.

Sounds like you are on the right tract for reshaping yourself. How do you like the P90X workout. I've played with the idea but not sure if I could follow through with it.

I'm a Male, Husband, Father, Grandfather, Brother, Uncle and Christian as well as a Sinner. Not one to throw stones least I be stoned myself.
  • AstroNatx
    AstroNatx Posts: 20
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos and I don't care if you do or not. I'd support you either way.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    For myself I have not tattoos, but I'm not one to judge a person for having one or several tattoos. I will admit that I prefer those people who have quite a lot of tattoos that they have planned well how they are placed and incorporate into the design as a whole over those folks who just seem to apply a hit and miss type of design approach.

For me to ever get a tattoo it will have to quite a bit of personal feeling put in to it and have some significance to my life and those I love.

Sounds like you are on the right tract for reshaping yourself. How do you like the P90X workout. I've played with the idea but not sure if I could follow through with it.

I'm a Male, Husband, Father, Grandfather, Brother, Uncle and Christian as well as a Sinner. Not one to throw stones least I be stoned myself.

I am loving p90x3, although it's only been my 3rd day. ;) I agree with you completely, every tattoo on my body has meaning behind it, that's the way it should be for anyone that gets one. :)
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ah, small towns, gotta love them. Learn to accept that some people aren't going to like you no matter what you do. It makes for a much happier life when you learn to blow off that kind of crap. Good luck with your goals!

there wouldn't be enough hours in the day if i wanted to worry about what people thought, but I don't care to, it's a waste of time. That doesn't mean that there is something wrong seeking out people that understand what it's like, that's why i posted. :)
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've never understood why people judge someone just because of tattoos. I have some and want to get more, just a matter of time and money. Such is life. Small towns can be interesting....
  • MrsHuffmanNC
    MrsHuffmanNC Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I live in very small town and have 6 children, plus Im fat and tattooed. I don't fit in with any of the other parents. Oh well. I'd much rather be myself. And when I loose all this weight I am going to laugh in all their faces.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    22 tattoos & 10 piercings (was 16 @ one time) plus I used to do tattooing. I never judge a person by their tattoos, even the really HORRIBLE ones (lol).... small town, can't say much about that but I'm in the south so yeah, I know about the weird judgmental looks (fat female w/ glasses & a septum ring sporting a "welcome to the dork side" tee - yeah, used to the strange looks and whispers)
  • bhoelscher
    bhoelscher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I only have two tattoos, but I too moved to a small town and I understand how that might be a problem. You've got all the support in the world from this girl. I think tats are great. I don't cover mine at work, and I have my nose pierced. I am a teacher. Judge me on my merit, not how I look.

Good luck!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I dont have any tattoo's myself but for me..the more tattoo's a woman has the better..dont ask me why.

Feel free to add for motivation
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    People are always going to judge, no matter what you do or say. I only have 2 small ones, but my husband is a tattoo artist and he is pretty much covered from head to toe. Some of the looks I have noticed people giving him are just ridiculous. He never even notices as he doesn't pay any attention to them. So forget what others may say or think, as long as you are happy with yourself...then that is all that matters.
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I may not be a mommy, but I have 5 tattoos and planning on getting a whole bunch more (shoulder/sleeve. I am also from a small town and weight/nutrition support is a touchy subject for most people.

Feel free to add me so we can support each other along the way :)
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Haha, try being a social worker in a small community that does numerous outreach presentations on state and local levels, I am working a sleeve on the left arm and half sleeve on right bicep. I have to wear long sleeve shirts all the time to downplay the stigma and judgmental people in the audience
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have 10 tattoos and of course planning on more. I'll probably keep getting them till I'm old and wrinkly LOL no judgement here! I hear that pregnancy weight can be really tough to lose so hang in there! Keep up with the P90x and watch your cals/macros and you should reach your goal in no time! Feel free to add me for support.
  • spader72
    spader72 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have a few, and understand the small town thing very well! Friend me
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I've got a few myself and the hubby is sleeved up. We get those looks all the time, screw em...they just wish they looked as good as us. Small minded people don't deserve your time. If they pre-judge you, then they don't get the reward of what an awesome person is underneath!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add if you like! I have a few and I love them. :flowerforyou:
  • ang3ll3na
    Options
    I have tattoos (mostly in hidden places :) ) and would be covered in them if it wasn't for my profession. I want to say that I truly admire people who have the confidence to do what they love. You got your tattoos knowing that many people would judge you, and yet you still got them. You go girl ! I just got insanity and am very excited to start, I start today. My friend gave it to me after it worked so well for him.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I have a sleeve on my calf and working on one on my arm.
    I don't live in a small town but I live in the Walmart capital of the world. Actually right down the street from the home offices.
    And I used to work there for about 7 years. So I understand about people looking down their nose at you.

I don't judge. Feel free to add me. Same principle applies tho. There is no telling what random crap I am going to spew on my wall. Read my profile.. If you can handle that, we should be good to go;)