Losing 65 pounds by October

Options
I turn 42 on October 10th & my goal is to lose approximately 60 pounds by then. I am watching my calorie count pretty seriously & plan to do 5 days of cardio (30 minutes a day) per week & am going to also implement 3 to 4 days of strength training a week. Currently, I am walking 1 1/2 miles in the morning & 1 1/2 miles in the evening. I went into a postpartum preeclampsia that threw my body into heart failure after I gave birth at age 38. Due to this, I am starting out a little slower than usual on the cardio. I set my goal last week & got started & in this first week, I've managed to drop 6 pounds. Woo Hoo!

I'm looking to connect with others who need to lose a ton of weight like myself. And it'd be nice to connect with others who might suffer from some of the residual health effects like I do. I desperately will need motivation throughout this time.

Replies

• marapalumbo
    marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your plan! It sounds like it will be successful. I also try to walk almost every day, but I haven't started lifting yet (it's a goal). I'lladd you :-)
  • jenicejinxedmonds
    jenicejinxedmonds Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Please Add me! I have the same goal, but for a different reason! LOL! I want to get back to my high school size or close to it...well, ok, 150 is where I want to be! lmao! (I only weighed 120 in High school). BUT I want to lose all of this excess weight, and I wanted to lose 65-70 by my daughters sweet 16 October 21! Maybe we can keep each other motivated!

45852634.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It's pretty aggressive.

You can likely drop 2 lbs per week for awhile yet, but once you get closer to your goal you should start raising your calories. I'd probably change over at 30 lbs to go and then set MFP to lose 1 lb per week. Then when you're down to your last 10 set it to lose 1/2 lb per week. That'll help (along with resistance training) to ensure that you keep your muscle and lose just your fat.

I tend to think that setting deadlines on your weight loss is a bad idea, since it sets you up for disappointment if you don't make your goal. Weight loss isn't linear. There will be weeks when you don't lose anything and there may be weeks where you show a gain. Just be patient and set reasonable expectations.
  • MrsHuffmanNC
    MrsHuffmanNC Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to loose 60 by October 13 for my vacation, that is only a mini goal for me I have way more to loose after that.
  • evajessee
    evajessee Posts: 51
    Options
    I don't feel quite so alone anymore! LOL! Isn't it interesting how we can get so wrapped up in our own issues that we fail to realize there are so many others out there just like us. Thank you all for the encouragement, sharing your stories & your insight! I'm very much looking forward to connecting with you all & having a good support system where we all can thrive & achieve our goals. :flowerforyou: