Do you take sneakers/shoes off when you walk into your home?

Options
Jersey_Devil
Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
Do you take your sneakers/shoes off when you enter your home or do you wear them inside? If you go to someone's house and they ask you to take your shoes off before you enter, do you think of them as stuck up or no?

Replies

• KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Always take shoes off in my house. And automatically take them off in other peoples houses.
  • ReginaldBrontosaurus
    ReginaldBrontosaurus Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I take mine off. I don't think they're stuck up, but I never ask my guests to remove their shoes and don't remove mine unless asked or really dirty. Plus feet are inherently weird/gross.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Shoes off as soon as I walk in the house. I hate outside dirt coming into the house. In others' houses, I gauge what they do. If they all have shoes off, mine come off too. I would really rather be barefoot all the time anyway.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    Mine come off at my house. At others' homes it depends on if they've offered me alcohol or not. If yes, they come off. If not, I will track mud around their pristine home until I receive a proper glass of Irish whiskey.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    always off on entering!
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Take them off! Outside = dirty! And I've never been to a home where I haven't just automatically assumed to take off my shoes... That's how it is where I live :D. Hey this is a super good topic
  • ReginaldBrontosaurus
    ReginaldBrontosaurus Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Shoes off as soon as I walk in the house. I hate outside dirt coming into the house. In others' houses, I gauge what they do. If they all have shoes off, mine come off too. I would really rather be barefoot all the time anyway.

gross Cher feet haha
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i usually leave them on, but there's not a hard-fast rule. between the kid, the dog and the cats - who knows what i might step in next.

i will take them off in others' house, if that is the way they do it.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My home... no. We have ceramic tile floors. And it's a farm, so we have people coming in and out in boots all the time. It would be ridiculous to take shoes off each time or ask anyone else to. Other people's homes, if floors are carpeted, or shoes are dirty, then yes, I'll take them off.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I hate shoes, they're the first thing to come off when I get home. But I don't take my shoes off in other peoples houses unless they ask me to take them off.
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    As soon as I walk in the door and always at other people house unless they tell me not to.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I don't take them off before I come in the house, but I change from work clothes (and work shoes) as soon as I get home and usually put on a t chirt, shorts and go barefoot.

If I go to someone else's house whatever their rules are is how I behave.

Their House - Their Rules. My House - My Rules. Common courtesy.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    As soon as I walk in the door and always at other people house unless they tell me not to.

This for me as well.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I always take my shoes off, home and other peoples houses....unless I have smelly feet then I keep them on as a favour to all involved lol! x
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Always take shoes off in my house. And automatically take them off in other peoples houses.

This; most everyone knows this is how we do in our home. The only exception is when we're having a party with a variety of people- it's just easier to keep shoes on with people in and out of the house- and nearly any party includes my brother and my husbands best friend; both wear boots, and believe me, you don't want them to take those off unless they're going right into a shower! I've never met anyone who had stinkier feet than my brother, but hubby's best friend gives him a run for his money!
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Shoes usually come off at the door in our home, so I would definitely not be offended if someone asked me to take shoes off in their home. They don't even have to ask, as mine usually come off out of habit (which is sometimes a tad embarassing when I realize they keep their shoes on). I do find that most of our friends typically take off their shoes at the door of their homes, also. We don't request that visitors take theirs off, but I find most people do when they see us without our shoes on. I would go barefoot all the time if I could!

In Hawaii & a lot of Asian homes, it's customary to take off your shoes outside. They have a joke in Hawaii that if you go to a party, you may have older shoes when you leave as someone may take off with yours if they like them better than the ones they came in. :laugh:
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My house = My shoes off. But I wouldn't ask someone else to take theirs off upon entering.

Someone else's house = Their terms. Either way is fine with me!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Take them off! Outside = dirty! And I've never been to a home where I haven't just automatically assumed to take off my shoes... That's how it is where I live :D. Hey this is a super good topic

really?? Where do you live? like Canada or something? ;)
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options

really?? Where do you live? like Canada or something? ;)

Actually I think that is true, I'm Canadian and I don't know anyone who keeps their shoes on in the house, it's just an automatic thing, like taking your coat off when you come in from outdoors.