O.... My does this happen to you??

Options
So I'm irritable and pissy because i am craving chocolate like none other. I have been doing really well but school is stressing me out and I feel the urge to binge eat (I'm really bad about stress eating). So i'm fighting to find things to help get me through and it never fails I find something somewhat reasonable, well at least better than scarfing a king size snickers, and my boyfriend picks up my bag of sugar free Russel Stover toffee squares looks over the nutrition information and says "huh knew that there was something bad in here" :explode: Like seriously i'm not saying that binging on russel stovers is any better than the snickers but one which is all i ate sure did make a difference until he stole the wind out of my sails. Like seriously can you please just let me have my chocolate in peace??? :grumble:

Replies

• TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Try to keep some individual wrapped dark chocolate around! Just one little block of that will take care of your craving and it is a lot better for you, as chocolate goes! (side note: I would tell the boyfriend to worry about himself! Jus me)
  • Photoplex
    Photoplex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Weird... your boyfriend gave you "Motivation and Support" by trying to keep you on the straight and narrow, and you're upset about it?
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    since this is a lifestyle change not a diet I think you did good. learning moderation is key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.:drinker: :drinker:
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different but a Diet Pepsi always fixes my sugar or chocolate craving.

Just some food for thought.

- Eva
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I found a chocolate mint herbal tea that I love to sip when a sweet craving hits. The smell is awsome and helps to satisfy with zero calories.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Just an idea.....I love to treat myself some nights to 2 - 3 of the mini peppermint patties (York brand). They are 50 cals each...and they satisfy my chocolate cravings. Another chocolate snack I love sometimes are the Slim-A-Bear Klondike bars....100 cals each.

Just a few ideas that might help. Maybe your boyfriend wasn't trying to be snarky? Sometimes the fellas think they are helping and we tend to take it the wrong way. Keep your chin up...... :)
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    AWE HUGS........WORK THROUGH IT, YOU'RE GONNA DO GREAT!
  • mommajen89
    Options
    Try to keep some individual wrapped dark chocolate around! Just one little block of that will take care of your craving and it is a lot better for you, as chocolate goes! (side note: I would tell the boyfriend to worry about himself! Jus me)

That is exactly what I do....and it's helpful around my house because I'm the only one that actually likes Dark Chocolate :)
  • hmsteph
    Options
    Weird... your boyfriend gave you "Motivation and Support" by trying to keep you on the straight and narrow, and you're upset about it?

It's the way that he went about it... he didn't offer any suggestions bur rather attacked the choice I made, mind you a choice that was very difficult for me to make in the first place. I was struggling and chose the lesser of two evils so if you are not going to provide a better alternative then don't criticize.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    I'm back, if you gotta have chocolate you might enjoy a cup of hot cocoa (the low sugar is amazing) and grab some graham crackers. when i'm in craving mode graham crackers are my friend.
  • hmsteph
    Options
    Now on to everyone else thank you for the suggestions I really appreciate it!
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    According to her post, she is stressed out, i.e. binge eating. Being stressed out and having someone make a comment like that isn't a good combination. If it had been any other time, she probably would have reacted differently.
  • ZebraGlee78
    Options
    My post above was supposed to be in direct reply to the headless picture guy.

As for the poster, I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I feel like my husband doesn't really know about positive motivation.
  • ZebraGlee78
    Options
    More replacement binge foods perhaps (worked when I was lighter, I'm staying away from all favorites right now):
    Fruit bars (they taste so good, hard to believe they're only 100 calories)
    Skinny Cow anything
    Quaker Caramel Rice cakes
  • lanners23
    Options
    It's the way that he went about it... he didn't offer any suggestions bur rather attacked the choice I made, mind you a choice that was very difficult for me to make in the first place. I was struggling and chose the lesser of two evils so if you are not going to provide a better alternative then don't criticize.

Beat him with a stick. :tongue:
    I'm going to second the low cal hot chocolate suggestion. It's tasty and contains lots of water to fill you up.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Actually, the quaker chocolate rice cakes are pretty good too. I am currently in love with the quaker mini delights chocolatey/mint. They are 90 calories per snack bag and satisfy me like crazy. Weird about rice cakes, I spent my whole life thinking, "ew, I would never eat those things, nasty!" Well, they are one of those "things" I have "made" myself try since my LIFESTYLE change and now I don't know why I ever deprived myself of them. The delights blueberry/pomegrante ones are so sweet and delicious, plus with rice cakes you have that "crunch" like you are eating chips. I highly suggest them. Plus, if you have the mini dark chocolates around, have one of them and follow with ONE serving of any flavor of rice cakes and I would venture your sweet craving would be taken care of.

Headless Horseman you should meet her boyfriend, you two would probably get along!!!!!!
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My chocolate cravings get satisfied by the York pieces. When the "itch" grabs me, I get out 5 pieces and it satisfies the crave (only 17 calories).
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I have 2 things that I use to cut my chocolate cravings...

Dove Dark Chocolate squares. I don't have any right now, so I don't know what the values are, but I know they consider 5 pieces to be 1 serving. If you reduce that to 1 or 2 pieces, the numbers shouldn't be too bad.

Brookside Dark Chocolate Pomegranate pieces (Sam's Club). When I first got them, I tried to eat 1 full serving (20 pieces) and couldn't do it. The magical chocolate "high" wore off around piece 7 or 8. Good thing since 1 full serving is pretty high in sugar. So, if you keep your serving size to 1/4 of the recommendation (or 5 pieces), it's not really a bad treat and you maximize the magical chocolate "high". :love: