Hi Everyone - I'm New to this!

Options
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this programme... One of my friends showed it to me!

I live in Australia and am currently seeing a personal trainer twice a week - as the Natropath I saw told me I need to put on 3kgs of muscle and lose 20 :( haha, so on the days I dont see her I'm in the gym doing cardio!

My only dilemma now is my eating habbits....

I was wondering does anyone know any good healthy- low carb recipes to cook ? I always see myself giving up and thinking its too hard! Especially because of the price of healthy food! Like what is good for lunch and dinner and as a snack ?

Replies

• rokikio
    Options
    Well first of all Welcome to MFP! And second, I highly recommend that you add some friends when you get a chance and start looking at their food diaries. That helped me tremendously when I first started because you can see different things that may have never crossed your mind.

My suggestions, lots of veggies and fruit. I definitely like having my greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I also enjoy the fiber rich cereals, oatmeals, nuts, reduced fat cheese, etc. Basically you just need to explore things.
  • flubbernomore
    Options
    Hi Kiann I'm also new and am pretty impressed with what I see so far. As an Aussie you would be familiar with the Women's Weekly cookbooks. They brought out one based on low carb recipes. Low carb things always look so fresh and nice, but I always struggle with breakfast, somehow I really feel the need for cereal or toast at that meal. Good luck.
  • mkgirl
    mkgirl Posts: 25
    Options
    welcome! well I can say that carbs were my BIGGEST weakness! I have been doing a diet that has called for no sugar & no carbs. The first few days were hard but it got much easier & I now realize that was my problem & how much it was the culprit of my weight gain! This site will offer great support & is a awesome way to track calories without having to look at every container of food you eat to do so! Looking at others food diaries would be a good idea as suggested above. I will have to do that myself! Good luck! :)
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks heaps guys!

I'll have a look around

:)