Do you take sneakers/shoes off when you walk into your home?

Options

Replies

• KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I hate shoes. Mine come off immediately at the front door.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I get completely naked when I enter my or someone else's home!

Just kidding! LOL
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    In my own house, rarely, but we have a door mat and rug for wiping off our feet. I do change into slippers or just run around in my socks most of the time at home though because we have cold hardwood floors and dogs that shed a lot. In other people's houses, always.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I tend remove mine, because I prefer to be barefoot. I don't make others takes theirs off but if I go somewhere and they ask, I will take mine off (even though I wear Vibrams - i carry foot wipes now because yeah, stinky feets)
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have OCD so yes the shoes are off even when working out in my house. Now I will take them off in others house if they so wish their guest too or if it's raining/snowing.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Just kidding! LOL

(he's not really kidding :wink: )
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Mine come off at my house. At others' homes it depends on if they've offered me alcohol or not. If yes, they come off. If not, I will track mud around their pristine home until I receive a proper glass of Irish whiskey.

lol
  • RobbinRL
    RobbinRL Posts: 76
    Options

Just kidding! LOL

COME ON OVER!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
  • purplemurfy
    purplemurfy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My house yes. Then I have some birkies I use as slippers because I have plantar faciitis and can't go barefoot for long. Other peoples houses - most of the time. One of my friend's house is dirty all the time, so no, I don't take them off there....LOL.

No, I don't think someone is stuck up if they ask people to remove shoes. They like to keep it clean, like me. :)
  • RobbinRL
    RobbinRL Posts: 76
    Options
    Shoes come off entering my home and I always take mine off at other peoples houses. Unless they say "don't have to take them off."
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Shoes come off unless I'm sneaking back into the house to quickly grab something.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Just kidding! LOL

(he's not really kidding :wink: )

ON MY WAY!
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    At my house, the rule is shoes off if they are wet or muddy. Dry is okay. But personally, I'd rather have my shoes off. And I usually bring slippers to homes I visit, because my feet get cold.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Shoes off in my house and I take them off in others. The only exception to the rule is my mother who refuses to take hers off at mine so I dont take mine off at hers....
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yes, the rule in our house is that EVERYONE takes off their shoes before they come in. We don't want the ick of the world to come into our home. For our family couch - no one wears outside clothes when we sit on it.. we sit on them in our pajamas or house clothes so that outside ick doesn't get into our beds. I know that probably sounds over the top but it helps keep us healthy and our house clean.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    If other people request that I take my shoes off, I'll just calmly inform them .. "You don't want that."

I have a problem being barefoot in someone else's house.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Yes, the rule in our house is that EVERYONE takes off their shoes before they come in. We don't want the ick of the world to come into our home. For our family couch - no one wears outside clothes when we sit on it.. we sit on them in our pajamas or house clothes so that outside ick doesn't get into our beds. I know that probably sounds over the top but it helps keep us healthy and our house clean.

Hoping my sarcasm meter is broken.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    It's not stuck up to wear them in my house - it's rude! LOL Unless you plan to wash my floors before you leave or I invite you to keep them on - you take them off! Just common courtesy :)
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Shoes come off unless I'm sneaking back into the house to quickly grab something.
    ^^^this^^^

At work too - every chance I get.
  • bitten2better
    bitten2better Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ummm...more often than not, my pants come off when I walk into my house too.