low calorie restaurants?

Options
2»

Replies

• Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Jason's Deli. I get the tortilla soup - just 317 calories. The vegetable soup is only 160 calories for a bowl. You can add a salad and still be under 500 calories....
  • Bride2B1103
    Bride2B1103 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory has a pretty large "Skinnylicious" menu. Lots of options under 600 calories and the portions are good too (especially the salads..they are huge!)
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Jason's Deli. I get the tortilla soup - just 317 calories. The vegetable soup is only 160 calories for a bowl. You can add a salad and still be under 500 calories....
    I could eat Jason's Deli spinach veggie wrap (370 kcal) with a side of fruit (60 kcal) every single day and be a happy person
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've found I can eat pretty low at Chipotle and Panera. Some other restaurants that have surprised me with low cal options that actually sound good are Ruby Tuesdays, Smokey Bones and Red Lobster.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Best bet in a restaurant (in my experience - if you can't find low cal options) is to plan on just eating half of your portion and bringing the rest home. That way you can eat as you like and still have another meal to make out of it.
  • VeroniqueBoilard
    VeroniqueBoilard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just choose a meat option with vegetable as sides. No rice, potato, bread or pasta and you should be fine.

Fish and chicken are usually lower in calories compare to beef, but I like to eat a filet-mignon, which is usually small and goes around 300 calories. And taste like heaven. And cost 25$, at least. But if you feel like you treat yourself with filet-mignon, you will feel less deprived, I guess ;)
  • Cadaverous_Bones
    Options
    The cheesecake factory has low calorie foods, as well as i think chills, and I've heard ruby tuesdays does but we don't have one here. olive garden also has a lower calorie menu. Also usually they are so high in calories because 1 meal is actually 2 meals. You can box up half of it for another meal for the next day. Get veggies and salads as sides instead of pastas/rice
  • SerenaKitty
    SerenaKitty Posts: 142
    Options
    Every restaurant has low calorie options.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I like restaurants which give me an option to put what ever I want. Chipotle is one of my fav, you can make it as big or small you want on any given day.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    400 calories is not a reasonable lunch or dinner, unless you spend all day in bed.

LOL. I spend ton of time in the bed all day. Mostly working because I find it comfortable. I eat way more than 400 cals for lunch.