yall eat nuts?

Options

Replies

• jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Raw unsalted almonds are the best .... about 10 of them a day will be sufficient.

Add them to low fat yoghurt, some cinnamon, a teaspoon honey and you have a healthy + filling breakfast!!!
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Love them, find even a handful quite filling. I eat almonds, mixed nuts and trail mix with cashews...carefully measure out an exact serving so I can record properly. I also look for unsalted because I think water retention has affected my weigh-in at times. I also use them as a topping for oatmeal, Moroccan chicken etc.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    chocolate gives me headaches and the kirkland signature trail mix has a load of MnMs in it. I do enjoy wasabi almonds and the smoked bbq ones as well
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    At the moment lightly salted almonds are my go-to nut snack. I eat 14 (my hubby laughs at me every time he catches me counting them lol) which is half a serving size according to the package and fills me up perfectly. If I have some extra calories for the day I'll ususaly treat myself to some.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    yall eat nuts?
    In a word, yes. I love all of them except peanuts and brazil nuts.

If I had to choose favourites, I would probably go with almonds but walnuts, sunflower seeds, roasted chestnuts and pistachios would all be ex aequo for #2.

I don't find them too filling though, so I sometimes have to eat them as a meal :embarassed:
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    they're tough to fit in...too high in fat/cals for me
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Trail mix is just M&M's with obstacles.
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I eat them pretty much every day. Even though as they say, you are what you eat.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    bacon nuts
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Trail mix is just M&M's with obstacles.

:laugh:

but so true
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    While I do enjoy lots of different nuts (huh, huh), I find that when I have 1 serving as a snack I am very unsatisfied and still hungry. 25 almonds don't go very far for 190 cals. But, I still find a way to fit them in here and there because I like almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnuts, hazelnuts.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    bacon nuts

OH, SNAP...wth are those?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I love 'em and find that a little goes a long way - which is good, since they're so calorie-dense.

At any given time we have a huge selection at home. Usually unsalted peanuts and almonds, cocoa almonds, cashews, pecan pieces, English walnuts and black walnuts. We use them in stir fry, tuna salad (chopped), salads, steel cut oats, refrigerator oats/yogurt, or small portions for a snack.
  • arenad
    arenad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love almonds and cashews.....
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I love almonds, cashews and peanuts. Also pine nuts. I like to blanch my almonds (Soak them in water and remove the peel which is slightly toxic) and then crunch away!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Dark Cocoa roasted almonds have been my salvation since day one on here!:love:
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Nuts or sunflower seeds are my go-to if I'm short on either fat or protein. They ALWAYS go on the scale for an accurate reading, though.
  • Trundlegate
    Trundlegate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have loads of nuts to snack on - usually to stop me reaching for the chocolate or biscuits

I like the flavoured one esp wasabi

I do vary the nuts
    I believe....
    walnuts are quite good for people with high cholestrol
    cashews great if you are feeling tired as they have a fair bit of iron
    Pecans (yum) are high in zinc
    pistachios - high in potassium - often have them after strength training
    almonds - high in calcium and magnesium
    so try to vary them to get the maximum health benefits as well as the fact they are all yummy.
  • antt109
    antt109 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I buy big Jars or Unslated Raw Almonds and Pistachios at Target. I also like the plantes men's health mix. I just got this crazy Idea while typing this response make your own mens health mix. Buy the nuts and mix yourself. Im sure you'll get more bang for your buck. Keep one at work and one at home. Also keep snack size zip locs with you for on the go. Good Luck!
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Dem nuts!!!!!

Yep i be killin me some pecans!

Almonds are very seldom because after 5 i start itching really badly :-/

- James