Any 40+ sisters out there for motivation?

Options
manatina
manatina Posts: 12 Member
I just got back in the swing of things this week. I am looking for some girlfriends who get what it's like being over 40, trying to get in shape through healthy eating and exercise, and wanting to be a great example to my kids 14 years old and up.

Manatina:happy:

Replies

• EreborsPrincess
    Options
    Just sent a request :)
  • marzajones
    marzajones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes I am 40 + and like you need all the motivation I can get! It's not an easy road were on but I'm determined to get my weight off by December this year. I have managed to lose 1stone 5lbs so far but it has taken ages and I exercise 3 sometimes 4 times a week. I seriously need to adjust my diet, today I am taking out crisp one of my main red light foods. ! I wish you all the very best and feel free to add me to your friends list. I don't log on every day but hope to start logging more often. All the very best to you and may you become fit and healthy. :-) :smile: :smile:
  • marzajones
    marzajones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sorry Manatina that last post was meant for you! :smile:
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    42 in 2 weeks! Request sent :smile:
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Well, I'm 56 and in the best shape of my life. :) Is that "40+" enough for you? ;) Check out my fitness page at www.facebook.com/fitnessdiva11 and feel free to add me on here as well. I am just back to MFP after about a year hiatus.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    52 here and I could use some motivation myself!
  • rosebrowning
    Options
    I turned 40 in December. My mind says this should be easy but my body certainly doesn't behave the way it used to.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I will be 42 this June and fitter than I have ever been.
  • 1lsttyme
    1lsttyme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and have a long way to go! I have 2 girls ages 8 and 10 and my 10 year old is displaying my eating habits and body type. I am doing this for me and her. She needs to get away from the junk and stay healthy. We are concentrating on a healthy way of living not on weight. Having 2 little girls I don't want to put pressure on them about their weight or how they look.

I certainly can use the motivation and hope to motivate others as well.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    40+er signing in!
  • jellybean170
    Options
    Yeah add me????
  • jellybean170
    Options
    For got to say 45 mother of three teenage girls ????
  • 4hguide
    4hguide Posts: 5
    Options
    Closer to 50 and getting fit. Sent a friend request :)
  • flyygirl802
    flyygirl802 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    43 here, but no kids. Still trying to get healthy and be a good example for myself and my friends/family. Sending friend request.
  • BUZZIEST
    BUZZIEST Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 47. No kids. Just getting started again. Anyone here feel free to add me. :smile:
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    46 with big kids and little grand kids.... gotta stay in shape to chase those new babies around. Working out and eating cleaning and finally getting in good shape... still have a ways to go.
  • kahsma
    kahsma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi just getting started today, I am 40+ and need all the motivation I can get.:smile:
  • LifeofLiberty
    Options
    I'm here! 43 with 3 kiddos (18, 15 & 9). I am here for myself and for my family!!! I have been on/ff this journey for many years. THIS will be the time I keep the weight off. Two weeks of counting calories (just joined myfitnesspal on Monday) and have lost 7 pounds. I do aerobic walking w/ weights three to five times a week. I am feeling pretty pumped!
    Feel free to add me and/or I'll send a request your way.
    Let's do this!!
  • deflepchik
    Options
    44 here! Daughter is 25 (yes I started young..) and have been on a weight loss/gain/weight loss journey for a few years now. I'll add you!
  • EyeHensley
    EyeHensley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me too! 43 this year! And lovin' every second of it, except the weight gain I have right now.