sweetest marriage proposal EVER! :D

Options

Replies

• MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    cant see the linky thing but in my eyes i dont think it will beat how i asked my other half :)
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    copy and paste the link into your browser! its awesome.

also, how did you do it!? i'm waiting ever so [im]patientley for my boyfriend to do it. i can only imagine how creative he will be! :love:
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    lol i tried that but the pc wouldnt load it (im on the pc at the gym and they are sooo slow!!)
    i got him an I.D tag style bracelet with Marry Me? engraved on it :) was so nervous but it was totally worth it when he realised what i was doing!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    copy and paste the link into your browser! its awesome.

also, how did you do it!? i'm waiting ever so [im]patientley for my boyfriend to do it. i can only imagine how creative he will be! :love:

If you're like me, don't hold your breath waiting on your boyfriend. LOL. Seven years so far without an engagement :P
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    omggg i watched that one, then got stuck on like 5 other ones, ughh!!! haha
  • orange_avocado
    Options

I know the feeling! I was reading proposal stories and wondering how (along with when...) But after a while it was all making me too anxious, so I've decided I need to stop. When he does do it, I'm sure it'll be perfect for us! :love:

Ahhhh but meanwhile, the wait....
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    oh bless , how cute!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    omggg i watched that one, then got stuck on like 5 other ones, ughh!!! haha
    lmao! ditto!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    SO CUTE! How would you want your boyfriend to propse...in the best case scenario?

I'm at the age where all my friends are getting married and I'm finding myself obsessed with all things wedding these days!

Sadly, I'm tragically single.:ohwell:
  • Lil_Leah
    Options
    SO CUTE! How would you want your boyfriend to propse...in the best case scenario?

I'm at the age where all my friends are getting married and I'm finding myself obsessed with all things wedding these days!

i want to NOT expect it at all. if he takes me out on a fancy date, with all this wining and dining and romance, i'll probably have an idea. i'd rather it be out of the blue, like on a random tuesday night while we're in our jammies on the couch. so i'm caught COMPLETELY off guard. :wink:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

i want to NOT expect it at all. if he takes me out on a fancy date, with all this wining and dining and romance, i'll probably have an idea. i'd rather it be out of the blue, like on a random tuesday night while we're in our jammies on the couch. so i'm caught COMPLETELY off guard. :wink:

That is how I propossed to my wife. Since we were only dating at the time it was not strange for me to bring her flowers on a Thursday. I put the ring in one of the flowers and told her to smell them.... when she turned around I was on my knee...

but if my buddies ask, I put the ring on top of a pile of dirty dishes in the sink. If I put it on the bottom we would still be dating!
  • mt2008
    mt2008 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's how my hubby proposed--COMPLETELY unexpected. We were getting ready to go out for New Year's Eve. I was wearing a nightshirt, my hair wet and putting makeup on. :-) He was going to propose the next day (on New Year's Day, due to it being his granddad's birthday), but was too nervous to wait! I had NO CLUE!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    He proposed on Christmas 2000 because ... wait for it ... he didn't want me to be sad (my Dad had died earlier that year so having a tough time). Anyways, Scott offered to go to the 11pm Christmas Eve service at my Church since my Dad and I always went together. Afterwards I went out and was talking w/ everyone. He kept asking me to come go back and get the Poinsettia that was on the alter in memory of my Dad. I said No, let them take it to St. Marys. So finally he says it's getting late and we should head back to my Mom's. We get there and he says he needs to talk to me ... great... breaking up on Christmas Eve? Nice. Nope. Poor guy is pacing, you know your family doesn't really like me, are you sure you really love me... now I know LOL ... then one knee and proposes. I laugh, tell him he's a pain in the *kitten* and yes.

Had I listened to him... his perfect proposal he planned would have been to have propose at the alter of my Church at the close of Christmas Eve services (so about 12:30am Christmas morning). He knew how important the Church was to me and how connected I felt to my Dad being there on Christmas Eve and he wanted to make it special.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

My husband proposed to me in the middle of the meadow at Longwood Gardens. I had an idea that he was going to ask me soon, but I didn’t think he was going to do it on his birthday, so I was surprised.
  • Lil_Leah
    Options
    eek! you guys are getting me even more excited. lol! :love:

im just so anxious. i need to learn to be more patient. i am just so ready to spend the rest of my life with him. :happy:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a proposal. We found out that I needed 6K of dental work and that if we were married, his benefits would cover me right away. We lived in Reno at the time, so we went downtown the next day and BAM got married. Got my ring for our 2 yr anniversary. We have been married 5 years in January. The more I see friends blow thousands on the big poufy wedding and all the angst that goes along with planning it, the more I LOVE the way we did it. (I do want to have a restatement of vows for our 7 years anniversary, though)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • Lil_Leah
    Options
    I didn't get a proposal. We found out that I needed 6K of dental work and that if we were married, his benefits would cover me right away. We lived in Reno at the time, so we went downtown the next day and BAM got married. Got my ring for our 2 yr anniversary. We have been married 5 years in January. The more I see friends blow thousands on the big poufy wedding and all the angst that goes along with planning it, the more I LOVE the way we did it. (I do want to have a restatement of vows for our 7 years anniversary, though)

to each their own! that's how i DONT want to have to do it. i've dreamt about my proposal/wedding day since i was a little girl. i want all the frilliness (is that a word!? hahaha) and the ring, and grand proposal. :tongue:
  • rosalunde
    Options

I didn't get a proposal either. Got a ring as a Christmas present.
    Me: did you want to ask me something?
    Him: Whaddya mean?
    Me: What is the ring for?
    Him: Whaddya think it is for:?
    So I started planning a wedding. (very frugal wedding) He showed up. And we are still happy after 36 years together. He still communicates like a cave man but he is my cave man.
  • andeeinevansville
    Options
    aww this brings back so many good memories...My hubby proposed to me on Christmas day...all our families were there, and I had no idea what was about to happen..I was in the kitchen cooking and he said he had to run to the store..I didn't think anything about it..then a little bit later his sister hollered for me to come into the living room..I sat down by the fireplace and all of a sudden "our" song started playing and he walked downstairs with a bouquet of roses..I just started crying,,,my heart was racing...he got on one knee and was crying telling me how much he loved me and how I've completed his life, etc and said Andrea Lee, will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive??...so of course I said yes!! YES!! YES!! He slides the ring on my finger and we just hugged for a couple minutes..then he smacked me on the butt and said, now go finish cooking!! LOL