100 days, 25 lbs

Options
UmmSqueaky
UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
Since this is a progress post (my first!), I'm won't go into the whole, long winded story of my struggles to lose weight. Let's just say that this is the furthest I've gotten. Now the key is to keep losing, as my usual MO is to lose 5, gain 10, lose 15, gain 20, lose 10, gain 15.

tumblr_n2boe25dhF1r6qymio1_500.jpg

Picture on the left is right before a 50 mile bike ride last September. I was so excited and happy, but when I saw the picture, all I wanted to do was cry. The biking jacket was the largest women's size I could find, and I could barely zip it up. I had been bike commuting semi regularly since April of 2013, on some weeks, off others. I figure I was averaging 40 miles a week. That's not really a lot, but compared to the activity I was getting before (none), it was huge.

My problem? Food. I didn't track it, I didn't watch it. In fact, on days I biked, I said to hell with it, I'm going to eat lunch out. I gained weight!

Now, I do IIFYM. First month on actual tracking here on MFP, I focused on getting down to my calorie goal. Second month, I focused on getting sodium and sugar under control. Third month, I focused on upping my protein. Now into the fourth month, I'm working more fruit into my diet. I still eat out, but a lot a lot a lot less. I used to eat out 4-5 days a week. Now I limit myself to just once.

1/3 of the way to my initial goal. Onward and downward!

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Look at that jacket! I know you were excited. It sounds like you are really doing this the right way. You look great and I know you're walking on air!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Congrats on great progress! And so smart in my opinion to work the changes in gradually. It gives them staying power. Keeeeeep going!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Isn't it an amazing feeling when you have this tight-fitted-undersized-clothes suddenly fits? Love your yellow jacket and job well done.
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Keep up the good work. :)
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Great job and amazing difference. Looks like more than 25 pounds for sure. Congratulations!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up!
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    great job!!!! congratulations!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I definitely see the change! Congratulations you are doing wonderful!
  • shann1979
    shann1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! Keep up the good work :happy:
  • geminigrey
    geminigrey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Looking good, ma'am! Congrats and keep on keeping on!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep at it! Use pictures like these to continue to motivate you - YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! Way to go :):):)
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness!
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I celebrated today by having a chocolate donut for breakfast. Can't wait until I actually need to buy smaller clothes, so I can buy some of the uber cute biking jerseys I've had my eye on, but wouldn't have fit :D
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    very nice!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    awesome progress! You keep that up, you are looking G-R-E-A-T!! :drinker:
  • carstekj
    carstekj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • karen1105mfp
    karen1105mfp Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Thank you for posting - my situation is very similar to yours and this is very inspiring! Good job and keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!