Is it ONLY About the Calories?

Options
I would say I am not eating much different bar no snacks and fizzy drinks yet I still save 1500-2000 per day. I am full, I eat ALOT yet it doesnt seem healthy, will I continue to lose weight even when Im eating these foods that are not so good?

Replies

• jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I should add will there ever be a point that my body just doesnt lose weight (Not a plateau , just because the foods im eating are not plates of veg)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Calories are all that matter for weight loss. Food choices, macros, vitamins, etc. can all contribute to health, muscle retention, fullness and satiation, energy levels, and so on, but they shouldn't affect your weight loss.
  • Steviedotg
    Steviedotg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found if I had more protein and less carbs, this has assisted me in weight loss.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    For losing weight sure, but for gaining strength, getting fit and healthy its a different story.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Calorie intake dictates weight, not health. You can be skinny and unhealthy. Typically if you embark on this journey, the goal is to lose weight and improve overall health. However, some people only care about the scale. The choice is yours. If you are going to go through the effort to lose weight you might as well eat better and improve health at the same time. You'll likely feel better, sleep better and have more energy.
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have lost scale weight just counting calories, but I was still unhappy with my body. I only got the shape I wanted when I paid close attention to macros as well as calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I would say I am not eating much different bar no snacks and fizzy drinks yet I still save 1500-2000 per day. I am full, I eat ALOT yet it doesnt seem healthy, will I continue to lose weight even when Im eating these foods that are not so good?

What are your weight loss goals? ......."I want the number on the scale to be XX".........or "I want a lower body fat % than I have now, because that's healthy."

Yes - you could lose weight on an all twinkie diet......you would lose fat+muscle because your protein level would be far too low. A twinkie diet is also low fiber.... this is not good for your digestive system (fiber is also filling). A twinkie diet is high in sugar....this is a carb....carbs are fine if you're not diebetic....but sugar is not filling.

If you save 1500 calories per day.......there is no way you are getting enough nutrition.......that's a 3 pound weight loss EVERY WEEK. "Saving" 1500 calories per day is a great way to lose muscle mass.

Pounds per week
    75+ lbs to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs range
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Calories are all that matter for weight loss. Food choices, macros, vitamins, etc. can all contribute to health, muscle retention, fullness and satiation, energy levels, and so on, but they shouldn't affect your weight loss.
    THIS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I should I exercise as well
  • CampbellTony
    CampbellTony Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you want to get fit, yes
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options

This^