Hope I can provide some inspiration

Options
41 Weeks ago I joined my local Slimming World group weighing in at 23st 7lb. Tonight in group I won the groups biggest loser of the year award. Tonight I weighed in at 13st 12lb. Total Loss 9st 9lb.

When I first joined I could barely walk 30 yards without getting out of breathe. Everything seemed so difficult to do. I suffered with Congenital heart failure, Type II Diabetes, Gout and Sleep Apnoea. I had to use a pap machine every night in bed to regulate my breathing.

Almost 10 stone later and it's like being 21 again lol. Touch wood, the Sleep Apnoea and gout are things of the past. The Diabetes is well under control but I may still need open heart surgery to fix my dodgy ticker. I couldn't have dreamed about having that operation done when I was so large.

In 2012 I quit smoking and heavy drinking on the same day and have never done either since, apart from a couple of glasses of Champagne at celebrations. If I can do this, a man hell bent on his own destruction via poor lifestyle choices, I think everyone has a good chance of success as well.

The Following 2 photo's are kind of before and after shots, although I still have a good few more pounds to shed until I am happy and fighting fit again. :smile:

img003_zps8c6cc553.jpg

loser2_zpsbed72ef5.jpg[img][/img]

Replies

• zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    loser2_zpsbed72ef5.jpg[img][/img]
  • zezelryck
    Options
    Cant get the hang of this lol

loser2_zpsbed72ef5.jpg
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Good for you - that's fantastic!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference!!! I'm sure your loss is more than 31 pounds ? (like the ticker says). I guess you're in the UK - I don't know how many pounds makes a "stone."

Did you exercise or lose all of it just by reducing your caloric intake?

Very inspiring - you're a new man!
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Stunning results!
  • zezelryck
    Options
    Hi kjurassic. I Started dieting My 31st last year but didnt join MFP until the end of december hence the 31lb. My total loss is 135lb :wink:
  • zezelryck
    Options
    I swim for 1 hour 4 times a week. I usually manage 2000 yards each session.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Well done you for turning your life around.
    I hate to say, but I am curious about what you are eating in the first picture, lol ?
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of weight lost in less than a year! Impressive. I've been walking 3-4 miles per day - too cold to swim here - and I'm in Florida!!! But will be swimming soon as well - easy on the joints! Oh and quitting smoking and drinking, too!!!! Goodness - what a turnaround!
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I got my dad to join mfp a year ago and he has also had great results.. No longer diabetic, bye bye high blood sugar, high blood pressure,.. It's fantastic to see he will have a longer life with his family and fiends and you have done the same! Congrats :)
  • zezelryck
    Options
    It was Christmas day a couple of years back, so I guess it was some kind of pudding ;-)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You did provide inspiration--congratulations! I'm a swimmer too and just love it. Keep it up and let us know how you're doing down the line.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Great job!! :flowerforyou:
  • squiguk
    squiguk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, fantastic achievement! Both the weight loss and fitness as well as the smoking and drinking! Well done! x