Awkward question for women who wear sports bras?

Options
Do your nipples ever show through? I don't wear a super thin one, it has some light padding, it's the fila brand but I don't think it's the bra. I was in the bathroom after some abs exercises yesterday and realized they were showing through the material! I wear a light tee on top of the bra btw.

I freaked out and didn't know what to do, just found an empty area to continue working out. And then was paranoid everyone saw when I was doing my biceps and back stuff in the weight area.

Ughh...going to the gym in a couple minutes. Maybe wear a thicker shirt?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    No, never.
    Then again, I'm always sweaty and nasty and all hot, so why would they be awake to begin with o.o
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I make sure mine have a thin layer underneath the actual bra and I don't wear tight shirts.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    No one cares, really. We all have nipples so ride it out and keep going on your workout. :wink:
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Nipples happen when lifting. Can be hard to hide. Solution? Wear HELLA TIGHT super short booty shorts, no one will stare at your headlights.

(I do not do this. I just feel that if anyone's looking, that's on them. If I catch them looking, they get Death Glare.)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No, my sports bras have a bit of padding in the cups.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    One of my sports bras is thin so they can show. It's annoying so I don't wear it very often, usually only if I'm working out at home.

ETA: My favorite one is from Victoria's Secret and it is lightly padded so they don't show.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Nipples happen - sometimes at the beach, sometimes whilst working out. I doubt anyone but you noticed.
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Ok thank you for all the replies! Mine also does have some padding, but I guess I'll just have to wear looser tees. I probably notice it more than anyone else. :)
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wear HELLA TIGHT super short booty shorts

It could be argued that this is the solution to all of life's problems
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    My nipples are always hard, no matter what. It's just how my body is. It doesn't bother me, and it doesn't seem to bother anyone else, so I don't worry about it. They do sell nipple covers that are like little stickers if you're self-conscious about it.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I always buy high impact ones, so mine don't tend to show, but nipples happen! Ain't nothin' wrong with nipples!

The-Rock-Pop-Pecs-of-Love2.gif

(If it's something you're really concerned about, check out some high impact sports bras or versions with a bit of padding in the cup!)
  • JnK619
    JnK619 Posts: 320
    Options
    My nipples are always hard, no matter what.

I...you...what?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    My nips show...who cares?
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My nipples are always hard, no matter what. It's just how my body is. It doesn't bother me, and it doesn't seem to bother anyone else, so I don't worry about it. They do sell nipple covers that are like little stickers if you're self-conscious about it.

Yet another useful feature of duct tape. (Refer to earlier thread)
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I buy padded sports bras with built in cups - I find them more comfortable and it prevents this sort of thing from happening!
  • brandiegirl16
    brandiegirl16 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    they actually sell modesty pads online that you can insert into your bra for this situation... here is a website to Amazon to give you an idea, if you are interested.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=bra+pads+inserts&tag=googhydr-20&index=apparel&hvadid=29283399687&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6421582251883414715&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_3gvvk1qcoq_b
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Yep mine do, it worried me for a little while and then I just got over it. Everybody has nipples. If it bothers anyone, it isn't my problem
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Yes. But it doesn't matter IMO. It's the gym!
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    No, but mine is pretty thick, and black, and I always wear a regular weight T-shirt over it.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I think Jennifer Aniston has rendered this a moot point anyways.