Awkward question for women who wear sports bras?

Options

Replies

• californiabella
    Options
    yep, that's happened to me before. my husband actually suggested I use bandaids on those babies. gotta admit, I tried and it looked even more awkward. lol.

If it really makes you feel uncomfortable, then definitely use extra padding, otherwise people should not be minding your nipples anyway.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone cares or notices if your are feeling a little chilly at the gym. If they do, they need to get over their taliban-like thought process that women are dirty and sinful for being a normal human being with a natural response to cool air.
  • stylist_alysa
    stylist_alysa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sillybeth84 No, you're not the only one that wears a regular bra and a sports bra. I have yet to meet a sports bra that actually does what it claims to do, so I double up.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yep when I start lifting I get nip on's every single time...I used to hate it but honestly as long as they are even I am good. There are sport bra's with a thicker padding that helps to get rid of that, but I must have strong ones because sometimes they still will show through....so I say embrace the nips on's just make sure they are even so if someone see's them your not all over the place. I really don't think anyone notices anyway and if they do, I promise they will not say a word:)
  • LizaDK914
    LizaDK914 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have this problem all the time. It makes me a little nervous, but I've never noticed anyone staring. I'm more self conscious about my shirt slipping up and showing my belly at this point - because it's nowhere near where I'd like it to be.

I agree with the others, I doubt anyone really notices - and if they care, they should be focusing more on the reason they're at the gym!!
  • mondriantree
    mondriantree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mine do and it's so annoying! I work at a camp in the summer- and those kids will let you know. I need to buy some better padded ones because even doubling up doesn't help.
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Im to bz working out to notice
    Their just nipples! EVERYONE has them!
  • Junken__Diraffe
    Options
    Working out always makes my nipples hard. My first day at a new gym, I was in the weights section, and a trainer (not affiliated with the gym), suggested that I workout elsewhere as I was "distracting" some of the men. I am 100% sure it was because of a combination of: 1) I'm the only girl I've ever seen in there. 2) i was wearing a bright yellow tank and my nipples were hard. 3) I was squatting and deadlifting in Spandex shorts. I just looked at him and said, "they'll get used to me."

I don't care. My nipples were hard, half the guys in there had a partial chub. I wasn't distracted, nor did I suggest they take their boners elsewhere. Anyway... Yes. Nipples happen. Who cares?!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your headlights are on low-beam...

...and sometimes they're on high-beam.

No sense worrying about it.*

(*Unless we're literally talking about the headlights on your car, in which case, dim those things for oncoming traffic. Metaphorically speaking, however, not a problem.)
  • sillybeth84
    Options
    I'm so glad LOL. Just the sports bra makes a uni boob and it bounces. I dont think I will ever stop wearing two lol
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mine is padded w/ underwire.. so no. I picked up The Incredible from VS when it was on sale at my store. Very comfortable.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    nipples are fun. embrace the nipples. although it's a little disturbing to see my two year old son has discovered his. at the dinner table. with spaghetti sauce hands. LOL
  • sillybeth84
    Options
    nipples are fun. embrace the nipples. although it's a little disturbing to see my two year old son has discovered his. at the dinner table. with spaghetti sauce hands. LOL

My son is five and learned the word 'moobs' somewhere. Then he says his seven year old sister has moobs. Lord have mercy lol I told him that little kids don't have breast only grown ups. Awkward...
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Everyone has nipples. If they are showing through a little....no biggie!
    If it makes YOU uncomfortable, just invest in some nipple covers (available at most drug stores and probably any place that sells bras) or wear a thicker shirt.
    I say....Embrace the nips! :flowerforyou:
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Wow, some hilarious answers I was not expecting haha.

I wore a different sports bra today and no nip slip!!! Yay. But I realized my tights were a little see through.
    I hate gym wardrobe malfunctions, terrified of my tights ripping (hopefully that hasn't happened to any of you!)

Also, I used to wear a bra (like some of you mentioned) under my sports bra when I first started. I think I was a size 36D, now a 32/34 C almost B.
  • fhfreedom
    fhfreedom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mine is padded w/ underwire.. so no. I picked up The Incredible from VS when it was on sale at my store. Very comfortable.

This!! Best sports bra I have ever owned. Girls are in their own place, held down, no nip action. Worth every penny :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Wow, some hilarious answers I was not expecting haha.

I wore a different sports bra today and no nip slip!!! Yay. But I realized my tights were a little see through.
    I hate gym wardrobe malfunctions, terrified of my tights ripping (hopefully that hasn't happened to any of you!)

Also, I used to wear a bra (like some of you mentioned) under my sports bra when I first started. I think I was a size 36D, now a 32/34 C almost B.

gif4.gif
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    If it offends anyone, they can look away.
    Embrace the nipples.

^^this

men's nipples get hard when they work out. how come nobody gets fussed about that? oh wait i do... :blushing:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    dunno if this is weird but I wear my normal bra and then a cheap sports bra over top.... keeps everything really in place and can't see if
    i get that problem
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Do your nipples ever show through? I don't wear a super thin one, it has some light padding, it's the fila brand but I don't think it's the bra. I was in the bathroom after some abs exercises yesterday and realized they were showing through the material! I wear a light tee on top of the bra btw.

I freaked out and didn't know what to do, just found an empty area to continue working out. And then was paranoid everyone saw when I was doing my biceps and back stuff in the weight area.

Ughh...going to the gym in a couple minutes. Maybe wear a thicker shirt?

If it makes you feel more comfortable, then by all means feel free to seek alternative clothing.

But I have to admit, as a guy who has been in various gyms for the past 12 years, if I happen to see a nipple, especially through clothing, it dosen't even merit a mental note. Everybody has nipples. Both male and female nipples can become excited in the gym. If the individual is wearing close-fitting clothing, the nipples are going to stand out a bit. It happens to me all the time when I wear a compression shirt.

Most people will be focusing on their own workout. If you do find someone staring to the point it makes you uncomfortable, call them on it. If they don't stop after that, talk to the staff.