New Scale - Cheated of my moment of reaching my first goal

Options
I was 201.5 lbs yesterday on my scale, So exited that I was close to my first target goal of 200lbs. I was going to be so happy when I hit that number. Sadly I feel cheated of my moment...

I was doing so well, my wife replaced my old/cheap beat up scale with a new more accurate scale. Turns out I am 3 pounds lighter than what my old scale says. I compared the two scales side by side with my wife too, and we both show a 3 pound difference. I know for a fact that this scale is more accurate, and her weight on the new scale matches exactly the doctors office scale. As nice as it is to have a more accurate scale, I was 201.5 on my old scale, so close to my first goal, all along I was already past my goal sitting at 198.5 lbs.

I'm happy of course, just feel cheated of my moment :(

Anyone else deal with changing scales?

Replies

• Hannaverity
    Options
    I'll take a scale that shows I weigh 3 lbs less :) Congrats on being closer to your goal, even if you missed the moment!
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    At least it wasn't the other way around!
  • mondriantree
    mondriantree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had a similar situation too- I apparently lost some pounds before I even started my diet! No one understood why I was upset by it- but I wanted to witness those pounds dropping.
  • k_sinc
    k_sinc Posts: 39
    Options
    You're not just 200, you're UNDER 200... woohoooooooooo!:smile:
  • lauriebeakley1
    Options
    Congrats! Out of curiosity, what kind of scale did you buy? I have an iHealth scale & I love it but, like most of us, am looking for the most accurate scale I can find.
  • sbouc16
    sbouc16 Posts: 6
    Options
    We bought it from Amazon.com, it's the Taylor 7506 Glass and Chrome Digital Scale. They say the really heavy scales/most expensevie sales are the most accurate, but this one is a great inexpensive scale that has similar accuarcy.
  • N_walk
    Options
    My iHealth account stop sicronize with MyFitness account !! A hope that can be fixed by support team !!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I was convinced this would be a sad thread when I clicked it. Congrats to you!

I have an old beat-up scale that I'm scared to replace. Maybe when I get closer to my goal.
  • legowrangler
    legowrangler Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I actually got a scale that weighed me seven pounds higher but found out the new scale was the one that wasn't accurate...hmmm
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    My new scale, part way through my journey, registered 2 lb higher, so I never know if I started at 128 or 130. Not a lot to most, but when you are small, 2lb is a lot.
    Cheers, h
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I wish mine was like that. I got a new scale and it was 5 pounds higher than my old one. I had to lose those 5 pounds all over again. And I had just broken through A plateau before the new scale. It messed me up for a bit. But it kinda sucks you missed your moment. Look forward to the next one? Also, congrats on Onederland!