Protein Shakes - Are they healthy?

Options
2»

Replies

• jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If you're doing lots of cardio and aren't getting a lot of protein, you WILL lose lean muscle mass in addition to body fat. Geting plenty of protein will help to prevent this.

Yes - I eat lots of meat, chicken, fish and eggs but they are considerably higher calories than a 25g sccop of whey isolate in 200ml of water so I supplement with that.

^Seconded. I eat a decent about meat, fish, eggs, nuts, etc, and most days its difficult for me to hit my macro protein and stay within my calories without using a protein shake.

I would guess it's even more challenging to meet it as a vegetarian like OP?
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    brotein bro !!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It's just protein..........just protein. :indifferent:

this.

if you add ice cream to it like me- you might question thue "healthiness" of it- but really - it's just dehydrated milk. Add it to whatever you need and get on with it.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    So... if you are convinced that Protein powder is a real food and healthy enough to eat on the reg I reccomend Progressive Harmonizd Vegan Protein.

I use this powder in smoothies mostly- but in a rush I just mix it with liquid.This Vegan protein powder is my FAVE choice. It is called Progressive, Harmonized Vegan Protein.

Ingredients:
    Harmonized Vegan Protein delivers a blend of 5 complimentary plant-based proteins (non-GMO) that include yellow pea protein Isolate, Sprouted brown rice protein concentrated, Hemp seed protein concentrated, cranberry protein and chia seed protein. A multi source protein blend offers greater nutritional diversity than any single source. This 100% vegan formula provides the full spectrum of both essential and non-essential amino acids. Each serving contains 25 grams of complete protein and is ideal for anyone wishing to increase their protein intake while avoiding soy, dairy, or animal source proteins.

I love the Vanilla one. It tastes great. It has Stevia to sweeten. Its really good. This isnt smelly and gross like some of the other whey protein powders I had tried in the past...

Good luck.
  • kegan5
    kegan5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank You :)