My advice to those just starting

Options

Replies

• zeeannwarner
    zeeannwarner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I just started today and I love it, I tried another site and you have to type all the food in manually :( this is so much better! Yes and I'm looking for pals so please hit me up people! I'm 274.4lbs started at 284.4 so I'm excited to get going in here. I'm so scared and worried I'm eating the wrong foods and just can't stay away from salt the sodium I love but will do what ever it takes to get this weight off any tips are very welcomed!!
  • bmp1967
    bmp1967 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, as it hits home and means a lot to me. We have all had bad days for whatever reason and then we recover. You have demonstrated that. Thank you.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice. Can I add one other? Please use the search feature of the forums before posting to see if your question has been asked before. The search feature isn't great, but it is useful. Chances are very good that your question has been asked and answered before.

Best wishes, Everyone!
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice. Can I add one other? Please use the search feature of the forums before posting to see if your question has been asked before. The search feature isn't great, but it is useful. Chances are very good that your question has been asked and answered before.

Best wishes, Everyone!

That is a good addition. More are welcome!
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Best wishes, Everyone!

Yes! Everything you said and this!
  • sargessexyone
    Options
    Just wanted to say Thanks for all the kind words.
  • fitfemlove
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of the year, kind of as a New Year's Resolution. I've lost 40 pounds so far and I feel AMAZING!! Try this system: http://fitfemlove.wordpress.com
  • perdikatherine
    Options
    Your advice sounds really helpful, and I need some encouragement at this point. I have made some progress in my journey but I feel I get stuck every now and then after a few days of eating healthy and exercising. Every week, at least once or twice I eat bad food and I feel I cancel all the progress I had made so far. Any help or advice?
  • shopno
    shopno Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiring comments.

:smile:
  • themagicschu
    themagicschu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    good post, maybe should be made sticky ;)
  • sargessexyone
    Options
    Your advice sounds really helpful, and I need some encouragement at this point. I have made some progress in my journey but I feel I get stuck every now and then after a few days of eating healthy and exercising. Every week, at least once or twice I eat bad food and I feel I cancel all the progress I had made so far. Any help or advice?

No food is really bad if it is within your calorie goals. Think about the progress you HAVE made. One or two days is not gonna undo all your hard work so don't beat yourself up over it.
  • sargessexyone
    Options
    good post, maybe should be made sticky ;)

Might be silly but I don't really know what people mean when they talk about stickies. And how would I make it a sticky?
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Great post! Best wishes for everyone's success.
  • stephbeland8
    stephbeland8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • perdikatherine
    Options
    That's the thing. Every week, one or two days I go over above my calories, eating 3.000 to 4.000 cal of crappy food, such as biscuits, cookies, chocolate... The rest of the days I do eat helthy and exercise, I'm just frustrated with myself because I can't understand why I keep losing control or why I can't just do it only once every two weeks or month...
  • sargessexyone
    Options
    That's the thing. Every week, one or two days I go over above my calories, eating 3.000 to 4.000 cal of crappy food, such as biscuits, cookies, chocolate... The rest of the days I do eat helthy and exercise, I'm just frustrated with myself because I can't understand why I keep losing control or why I can't just do it only once every two weeks or month...

Message and friend request sent.
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Well said.
  • Bellanique
    Bellanique Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another 2-year user agrees :smile: Nice post.
  • sargessexyone
    Options
    Another 2-year user agrees :smile: Nice post.

It's awesome to know that even "old timers" like and agree with my post :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Many should just copy this and stick it on their bathroom mirror.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition