HELP!! :O

Options
OK IM NEW HERE... HOW IS EVERYONE DOING THIS,,, I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START? I C PPL ON HERE THAT HAVE LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT.. WHAT ARE U GUYS DOING?? MY GOAL IS TO LOOSE 70LBS.. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Replies

• AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    What's works for one person may not work for you. There is not one set plan here for everybody.

Key things: mind what you eat, incorporate some exercise into your life, and friend-up. We keep each other on track around here, and the support from others on this board is tremendous. I'm sure you'll find others with goals similar to your own.

Good luck on your weight loss journey! I wish you the best.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    eat less and exercise more i eat complete **** everyday but i only eat between 1200 and 1600 calories a day and exercise and im losing weight
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    track your food and exercise daily
    stay within your calories
    move more
    and come on here daily for motivation and encouragement
    join challenges and make friends

Welcome and good luck, you can do this
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Track calories daily! Knowledge is power, and it's amazing what things are super high in calories and what aren't. This has worked best with me. It also motivates me to work out as then I get to eat a bit more. :D Good luck!
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are and how committed you are. Also, what your eating habits are like now and how drastically you need to change them over time.

Just tracking calories (as stated above) is effective to weight loss, but not the healthiest way.

I always try to make sure I get enough protein and fiber without going over on sugar, fat, or carbs. I eat enough, I'm never starving, and I feel better than I did before. I had frequent stomach-aches before and never knew life didn't have to be like that! I'm not much for cooking, so I do eat alot of pre-packaged things like soups and frozen meals, but I choose healthy ones and get plenty of fruits and veggies.

Whatever you do, you will find support here!

The easiest first step is to let this website set calorie/fat/carb limits for you for each day, based on how quickly you want to lose weight (one pound per week is the typically agreed upon healthiest rate and rate at which you have the best chance of *keeping* the weight off once you lose it, which is key).
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    there really isn't anything special...if everyone who wanted to lose weight just followed what was recommended to do it...i mean the real good old fashioned way...they would be good!! eat less and burn more!! :) welcome and good luck :)
  • KittyCathy
    KittyCathy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just try to eat more healthy foods but I also try to eat every 3 hours since it boosts your metabolism as does working out which will definitely help you lose weight. You can set your goals for how many pounds you want to lose a week but it only recommends up to 2 pounds a week but you can always lose more if you exercise and don't eat all the calories. I'm not no health expert but this is what I do so Good Luck with your journey and thanks for adding me as a friend! If you need any help, just send me a message :flowerforyou:
  • aprilheaven
    aprilheaven Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    like most of the advice here, it just a matter of changing your lifestyle. And trust me, I've always heard that saying, and always thought "how the heck should i do that?!". It's true that knowledge is power. The more you know what you put into your body, the more you know how to make that Body come out! Im fairly new here but there's a lot of love from the people here who have similar if not exactly the same goals you have. I can be one of those friends for ya! lets cheer each other on! :)
  • becky2time
    Options
    I am doing the Suzanne Somers diet, that is very healthy, I lost down to my goal weight 7 years ago doing it, and there are some wonderful recipes in her book, Eat, Cheat, and melt the Fat away. I wish I had stayed with it, cause it is a great diet of food for life!
  • sunbeam11
    Options
    For me, the first few days of tracking calories was really eye-opening. I kinda went from there, looking for ways to cut calories, but pack in lots of nutrition. I am trying to follow the new food guide pyramid right now, just trying to keep my daily servings from the different catagories balanced. I am seeing that I tend to get a lot of protein and less carbs and although I didn't do it on purpose, that seems to be working for me. My official weigh-in (3rd week) is tomorrow and this was a good week for me. All in all, I found I just needed the accountability and the awareness of how much extra junk I was eating.
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm not as structured as a lot of other people on this site. I just roll with the punches and try to stay under my calories and fat grams while meeting my vitamins A & C, Calcium, Iron & fiber. If I need more calories for supper, then I add in an activity that will allow for that. I haven't started exercising just yet. Only last week I completed my undergraduate program so I didn't really have the time to exercise, but wanted to get my eating habits under control. I will start an exercise program very soon that will either boost my weight loss or my calories (lol). We'll see which. I try to change one thing at a time and once I get settled in that's when I shake it up again. For example, I started out with only a half a pound per week (which kept my calories very close to a 2000 calorie a day diet just so I could get the feel for what food had in it. After about 6 weeks, I bumped it to a pound a week and have been there for about a month now. I'll introduce exercising next. I think it's important to keep your body on its toes (so to speak). If your body doesn't know what to expect, then you won't plateau. I hope this helps.
  • ADRIANSMOMMY2010
    Options
    thanks everyone for all the wonderful advice! ;D..