Do you take sneakers/shoes off when you walk into your home?

Options

Replies

• msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian = shoes NEVER stay on on your feet upon entering your own, or someone else's house.

I've never left mine on, and in turn never been asked or asked someone else to remove their footwear in the house.
  • lnhainstock
    Options
    I'm Canadian too and it's always been shoes off in my house, growing up, my own home and friends too. I don't think I have ever been to someone else's home that leaves them on!
  • tiffanymarie1989
    Options
    i'm usually wearing shoes in the house if i've gone somewhere that day.(unless it's my work shoes those come off outside-i never know if i have blood on them or not) if i haven't gone anywhere i'm rarely even wearing socks. i have two dogs and you never know what you're going to step in, or on. they often get in the garbage so there are often little bones all over our house. when i go to other peoples houses it depends on what they do, but if i'm sitting on their couch my shoes come off because i don't want shoes on my couch i'm not going to put my shoes on theirs.
  • Samquentin1
    Samquentin1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I take my shoes off as soon as I walk in the door. I have a shoe bin by the front door too. The kids take their shoes off, and most times the husband does. I take my shoes off automatically when I enter another house.

I don't demand people take their shoes off when they enter my house. I truthfully don't care either way, I just prefer no shoes. I do have friends that come in, walk half across the living room, turn around, and go back and take their shoes off. Makes me giggle every time.

Now, people that "flop" onto the couch or chairs, that one gets me... I have been known to kick kids to the floor. If you cannot sit in a chair/couch properly, you don't get "chair/couch privileges".
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Yes, do you know how many bacteria you drag in off the streets. Dirty!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't dream of asking guests in my home to take their shoes off! That's just rude. Floors are for walking on. We don't have carpet except upstairs in the bedroom, so no harm. Ceramic tile floors=easy to clean.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Yes, always... unless I have company coming over, which is basically never.
  • Jros22
    Jros22 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm Asian.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I live in a rainforest, EVERYBODY takes their shoes off.

When people go to parties, instead of picking out what shoes they're going to wear, they pick out what socks they are going to wear.

Since everybody pretty much wears the same shoes (Xtra Tuffs), you have to make sure you write your name in yours.

71466_533234776784175_803868168_n.jpg

eta: typo
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    yep
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    uh huh shoes off!
    a police officer tried to step on my carpet once with his dirty boots
    but i started freaking out and he stopped and took a step back ha ha
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Boots off... Unless you don't like the people and never plan to come back.. Like at a relative's house...
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    A whole thread about my biggest pet peeve.

Here in Texas it is uncommon for people to remove their shoes indoors. But, some little OCD quality sits in my brain staring at my guest's shoes wondering how many pieces of dog feces particles, spit, blood, etc clung to the soles of their shoes before coming to.my house. Then they come in and the particles release all over the floor my little ones play on. Blech!!!! I never ask guests to remove them though and insist they keep shoes on BC their comfort trumps my crazy.

Okay I'm pretty normal in most regards but this topic sets my "crazy" off to extremes.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I'm Asian.

:huh:
  • Jes6886
    Jes6886 Posts: 15
    Options
    yes my shoes come off as soon as i walk in the house as well as when i walk into anyone elses home. I HATE when shoes are worn in the house
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Shoes protect feet from inclement weather and environmental damage. If either one of those is likely to be a problem inside your house you might want to get a roof and reduce the number of sharp objects on the floor so I can take my damn shoes off.
  • mobrien0527
    mobrien0527 Posts: 412
    Options
    I usually take my shoes off, except on occasion I'll keep my sneakers on because they are comfortable
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Shoes will only come off because of rain, snow or mud,
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    It's not stuck up to wear them in my house - it's rude! LOL Unless you plan to wash my floors before you leave or I invite you to keep them on - you take them off! Just common courtesy :)

It's not actually common courtesy - it is just a cultural norm.

Big difference.

Nobody here would expect people to automatically take their shoes off - it's not the cultural norm here.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I take them off. (So my husband doesn't yell at me).