C4 Extreme Pre Workout and weight GAIN!

Options
IT IS ALL A LIE!!!! So any of my friends any MFP Family if you are currently taking C4 Extreme because you love the awesome unlimited energy to do all your exercise.... Please stop taking it now! UNLESS YOU WANT TO STAY THE SAME WEIGHT!
I have learnt that pretty much its a muscle builder. So building muscle thats awesome but not so much in the long term if you are trying to lose!!!. I have been taking it on and off with training 3 days a week and have been either maintaining or gaining weight! I generally burn around 400 to 600 calories in a workout, workout 5-6 days a week eat back some of my calories if I am hungry but have a reasonable eating plan... except for chocolate I will not give this up! EVER!
I just want to share my experience so others don't get sucked into the awesomeness of C4 I love it but now cannot take it!

Creatine nitrate! Holds fluid and builds muscle. Awesome for building muscle to help loose weight but after a few months of staying the same weight, no thanks no more. I just hope that my experience can help some others xox Love to the family!!! Would be awesome to hear of others who have had the same experience ????

Replies

• Jwold55
    Jwold55 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Honestly, i wouldn't be as concerned with the number on the scale as I would be with the results you see in your body. Gaining muscle is a GOOD thing. it allows your body to burn fat while doing absolutely nothing. changing body comp is way different than just burning fat as fast as you can. if you're looking for weight only results then maybe any sort of weight training isn't for you..but the pounds lost will be fat AND muscle. personally i think those supplements are junk but thats just me, a balanced diet will give you energy all the same :flowerforyou:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    A pill wont build muscle..eating at a surplus and lifting heavy weights build muscles...no pill will do it.

As for taking it I agree with you...why pay for something that really does nothing...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    IT IS ALL A LIE!!!! So any of my friends any MFP Family if you are currently taking C4 Extreme because you love the awesome unlimited energy to do all your exercise.... Please stop taking it now! UNLESS YOU WANT TO STAY THE SAME WEIGHT!
    I have learnt that pretty much its a muscle builder. So building muscle thats awesome but not so much in the long term if you are trying to lose!!!. I have been taking it on and off with training 3 days a week and have been either maintaining or gaining weight! I generally burn around 400 to 600 calories in a workout, workout 5-6 days a week eat back some of my calories if I am hungry but have a reasonable eating plan... except for chocolate I will not give this up! EVER!
    I just want to share my experience so others don't get sucked into the awesomeness of C4 I love it but now cannot take it!

Creatine nitrate! Holds fluid and builds muscle. Awesome for building muscle to help loose weight but after a few months of staying the same weight, no thanks no more. I just hope that my experience can help some others xox Love to the family!!! Would be awesome to hear of others who have had the same experience ????

Assuming it builds muscle all by itself (it doesn't), you wouldn't want that since it messes with some silly number on a scale?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Stop, just stop.

Agreed. I take C4 and have had no issues losing fat. When I gain it's because I'm not tracking input and output as well as I should be. I only wish building muscle was as easy as taking C4.......
  • emmaskye15
    emmaskye15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am very aware that a magic pill or shake does not make you gain muscle! Bloody hard work and determination with correct eating does! I am sharing my experience with the product. I have been training and working out for months. I have seen my body shape change don't get me wrong. I have gained muscle mass whilst taking it. When you are looking to lose weight and gain muscle its sheer frustrating. I am a ski instructor so I have been skiing every day as well with a good diet. On an average day of instructing I can burn up to 1200 plus calories. I have been taking C4 with cardio on to of work and the weight that I am 86.4kgs I want to become smaller because I am only 5'3. From my experience It has only helped me build on top of the weight that I have. I was suckered in because I wanted something to give me a boost in energy because I struggle to get my *kitten* to the gym after a day on the mountain and I was told that this would help. So before jumping down my throat and calling me ignorant... I wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue. Not that I am stupid.

Also I notice that alot of the feedback is from absolutely shredded people apart from a few. So they are prob on all the supps under the sun! Just a shame that people are so quick to judge!
  • razorbackinflorida
    razorbackinflorida Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience with C4. I couldn't figure out why the scale wasn't moving. I had my Personal Trainer look at my eating logs and I mentioned the C4. He said stop taking that immediately. He said for some women it can cause fluid build up. My ankles were swollen. You might think it was due to salt intake WRONG no added salt to clean eating. I only used Ms Dash. I was also drinking around 100 ounces of water every day faithfully. Yes it made me have energy, but it wasn't worth the scale sticking for me personally. I do not think it will affect everyone the same way.
  • Lpaige89
    Lpaige89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    emmaskye15 wrote: »

that doesn't really make sense. C4 doesn't build muscle, muscle is built from constantly working them and eating in a surplus. My pre workout of choice is nutrabolics but I've also taken C4 as well as supplementing with creatine... The only thing that you can take to get jacked is steroids and that isn't in supplements. Supplements help with performance and actually there are MANY peer-reviewed studied on how creatine helps with energy and recovery.

yes creatine has been thought to lead to water retention but if you look at some of the research out there, alot of stuff floating around on the internet is just myths
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have gained muscle mass whilst taking it. When you are looking to lose weight and gain muscle its sheer frustrating.
    Well then what's the problem? If you gain muscle you will gain weight. If you lose fat you will lose weight. You are probably losing enough fat to cover the muscle gains which is showing up as a stall on the scale. Increased exercise (even ontop of a busy/active life on the slopes) will cause water retention for muscle repair. Look up photos of body recompostion - same weight, but one looks 20kg lighter from the muscle vs the fat.

You don't have to use a preworkout if you don't want to. But it isn't steroids and won't help build muscle that you aren't putting in the effort to build.
    Also I notice that alot of the feedback is from absolutely shredded people apart from a few. So they are prob on all the supps under the sun! Just a shame that people are so quick to judge!
    Hmmm, getting upset that people are judging, yet judging people yourself?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah no. You can take a pre-workout and lose weight.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    ThreadNecromancy.jpg~original
  • KateTii
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »

Goddammit, i'm usually good at spotting necros :( Does make me wonder how OP is going though.
  • KateTii
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    KateTii wrote: »
    ccsernica wrote: »

Goddammit, i'm usually good at spotting necros :( Does make me wonder how OP is going though.

If she didn't stop taking C4 she is probably gigantic by now. Hulk style.

Hmm solid plan - gonna go get a couple kilos of the stuff as obviously my stuff is defective as i'm not the hulk :(
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    This is absurd. If an over the counter, pre-workout powder caused muscle gain, everyone in the gym would be muscular.

Creatine causes WATER retention not muscle gain!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    This is absurd. If an over the counter, pre-workout powder caused muscle gain, everyone in the gym would be muscular.

Creatine causes WATER retention not muscle gain!

This!!!

Cycle off and that 5 pounds of creatine water will melt right back off
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    AntWrig wrote: »

Stop, just stop.

This.

It's. Just. Water. Weight. Big deal.

Creatine does increase intravenous muscular fluid retention. So what?

And no, that supplement does not cause fat gain or any weight gain other than temporary water gain. It's like, a 4lb gain at the most.

*whispers* excess calories (consuming over maintenance every day) causes actual weight gain worth worrying about.