Team UK - March 2010

Options

Replies

• kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Evening all!!

Hows the w/end going so far? Good I hope :happy:

I had a fab chillaxin time last night with a friend (and her hubby) from college days. Told em all about MFP and hubby signed up straight away - though saying that he was very vague with what his actual weight was and the goal setting etc. I think they like the idea in principle, but whethere either of them will actually try and consciously lose weight is another matter.

Anyhoo, my friend cooked this very yummy fish pie for dinner, with veggies on the side. I can see why they both want to lose weight - she serves mahoooosive portions!!! And the pie was loaded with butter and cheese and tasted heavenly!!! But I blew my calorie limit completely. Ahh well....

Katherine - you talked about a perfect w/end? Well, i started mine this morning *lol* my friend tried to do a cooked breakfast for me, but I managed to persuade her away from doing bacon and sausage for me and had scrambled eggs on toast with baked beans....so far for the day i'm doing ok :bigsmile:

The one thing I'm going to 'fess up to here, is that I decided today to try and stop smoking - my last *kitten* was 4.30pm and I'm chewing nicotine replacement gum - I had to tell someone, because if I tell my friends in real life and I fail they'll be more disappointed in me than i will be.

Soooo that's my long bit out the way, hopefully you'll all have good w/ends and I'll catch up with the posts again soon
    Kxxx
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hello All :bigsmile:

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to your wekends, sounds like some good stuff going on this weekend :happy:

I'm working - as usual but we have a big weekend. We have Danny Dyer Djing this weekend so I'm looking forward to meeting him and working with him!! (I work in a nightclub doing lighting) I expect we'll be very busy tonight so should be good.
    I just wish I was feeling a little slimmer - I have been avoiding my scales as I know I've put on some water weight and don't want to be disheartened by how much. Typical it fall on a week when I want to feel good!! :sad:

Hey ho!! Have a great weekend to you all and I'll look forward to catching up with what you've all been up to when I'm home again
    Mel xx :drinker: :drinker:

Danny Dyer.. as in the film guy?? :tongue:

Where do you work? x

Sorry for my late reply!! Was straight out the door on friday, only just home. Yeah the actor, Danny Dyer.
    He was really cool actually. Lovely fella.
    The attention he got was more than I've ever seen with anyone else. Mental!
    I work in a club in Basingstoke. He's doing the rounds at the moment, he did Redhill and Hemel Hempstead last night.

Clocks going forward left me with very little sleep :o(
    YAWWWNNNNNN :yawn:
    Still means we're a little closer to summer!!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and feeling good :bigsmile:
    Mel xxx
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Very good morning everyone! :flowerforyou:

I am pleased to say I had a GOOD WEEKEND ok so I strove for Perfect but...I didn't eat completely "clean" but I exercised both days and didn't go over my cals so for me that is a pretty darn good weekend! :drinker:

I am also very pleased to announce that I went to the seaside yesterday as it was sunny (I get seaside withdrawals being from Devon and living in Leeds :sad: ) and I bought my BF FISH AND CHIPS and I DIDN'T HAVE ANY! :noway: I waited til I got home and had a baked potato with a huge salad and tuna. Wowzers.

Here's to a great week! :drinker:

:heart: Mimi
  • katiefill
    Options
    Hi all,

Hope you all had a fab weekend, I did but not in the calories way. lol. Friday, had one too many jaiegerbombs(so much for sticking to the low calorie drinks), So Saturday I was ill all day, finally recovered by night and went out for a curry. So my weekend was really bad, need to have a good week to make up for it, but on the plus side I must have done lots of dancing as I lost a pound. :happy:

Well here is to a good week everyone. I am determind to stick to it this week.

Katie xxx

Ps. Does anyone have any cheap healthy meal ideas that are easy to make?
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Morning everyone..

Only a four day week and another one to follow :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Today is the day that I can go back to the gym and I am so motivated this week to go. I went shopping yesterday for some clothes for my holiday and I have managed to get in things a size smaller (now I know how you ladies feel when you drop a dress size)

I hope you all have a good week this week and well done to those of you who managed to complete the perfect week. This weekend is going to be tough for some of us, especially those who like chocolate (I love it). I just have to have make sure I can either avoid it or have bags of will power in supply.

Good luck for the week to all of you.
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Katie xxx

One of the healthy meals I like is a portabello mushroom stuffed with low fat cream cheese wrapped in parma ham and baked for 25-30 minutes served with steamed veg.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    *hides in a corner* :cry:

:explode: :explode: :explode:

The Shame - My perfect weekend went out the window on friday night... what a load of rubbish.. Im sorry to those who actually stuck to it and made it through the weekend without giving into temptations.. I OFFICIALLY SUCK!

Im not even going to delve into how many cals i had but im thinking its bad... actually i KNOW it was bad... :sad:

Ohhhhhh well! Its monday again and im super motivated to be good this week! Day planned for food to im done!

London on the weekend was so much fun - ended up going to Chinawhites on sat night - didnt spend a penny but the guys got us a table and drink... couple of grand i think!! :noway: lol...

i will post something on my lunch break.. just checking in.. to say i have failed!!! :angry:

:heart: Katherine

Oh and the boyfs back... this should be an interesting week!
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    *hides in a corner* :cry:

:explode: :explode: :explode:

The Shame - My perfect weekend went out the window on friday night... what a load of rubbish.. Im sorry to those who actually stuck to it and made it through the weekend without giving into temptations.. I OFFICIALLY SUCK!

Im not even going to delve into how many cals i had but im thinking its bad... actually i KNOW it was bad... :sad:

Ohhhhhh well! Its monday again and im super motivated to be good this week! Day planned for food to im done!

London on the weekend was so much fun - ended up going to Chinawhites on sat night - didnt spend a penny but the guys got us a table and drink... couple of grand i think!! :noway: lol...

i will post something on my lunch break.. just checking in.. to say i have failed!!! :angry:

:heart: Katherine

Oh and the boyfs back... this should be an interesting week!

Hey K :heart:

Firstly CHINAWHITES OMG :noway: :love: :noway:

Secondly, it's not every weekend you get to go to London with your pals hot guys and get a table and free drinks n all that jazz!!!!! You're 10000000% capable of doing a perfect weekend food wise but I think it was bad timing, I mean who's gonna want be perfect when there's opportunities that don't normally arise hey :bigsmile: sounds like a great weekend, one that shouldn't have been ruined by calorie counting! Today is a new day and you'll do great this week like you always do and as long as you're not being taken to Chinawhites again on the weekend (SO JEALOUS BTW green with envy :sick: ) I'm sure you'll do as good as is to be expected on Easter! Go gym a couple of times, eat mostly healthy, have an egg. It's all gravy baby :drinker:

:heart: Mimi
  • katiefill
    Options
    Katie xxx

One of the healthy meals I like is a portabello mushroom stuffed with low fat cream cheese wrapped in parma ham and baked for 25-30 minutes served with steamed veg.

mmmh that sounds right nice I will have to give it a try, thanks, although I am craving a McDonalds quarter pounder, HELP!!!! I am feeling really naughty today.

xxx
  • paulo79
    paulo79 Posts: 25
    Options
    Morning all

hope you all had a good weekend. sort of strayed at weekend had some chocolate birthday cake on saturday and on sunday had chip sandwiches for tea but still lost another pound so all good.

Only working til Wednesday lunchtime, as am up to Norwich to pick my kids up and then have them back in Essex til bank holiday monday so really looking forward to that :)
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Morning all

hope you all had a good weekend. sort of strayed at weekend had some chocolate birthday cake on saturday and on sunday had chip sandwiches for tea but still lost another pound so all good.

Only working til Wednesday lunchtime, as am up to Norwich to pick my kids up and then have them back in Essex til bank holiday monday so really looking forward to that :)

Mm chip butty! Still lost a pound, well there ya go, a little bit of what you like is good for you!!! Have a great Easter with your kids :flowerforyou:
  • paulo79
    paulo79 Posts: 25
    Options

Mm chip butty! Still lost a pound, well there ya go, a little bit of what you like is good for you!!! Have a great Easter with your kids :flowerforyou:

Thanks hun :) x
  • sdscouser
    Options
    mmmh that sounds right nice I will have to give it a try, thanks, although I am craving a McDonalds quarter pounder, HELP!!!! I am feeling really naughty today.

xxx
    [/quote]

McDonalds!!!! Ive just walked back from town and the smell of KFC was soooooooooooo tempting, but I resitsted and now sitting back at my desk with a veggie soup. I would love to be naughty though..
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, glad to here you all had good weekends. Can I just say...... Danny Dyer......Hmmmmm :love: :love: Lush!!!! China Whites sounds like fun as well and I totally agree that its not be ruined by cal counting!!

My perfect weekend went out of the window, although I wasnt as bad as normal, and think pulled it back yesterday, went of a pub tea with friends and I had chicken salad!!! Not bad!!! We then went to watch a film at my friends house, where they all tucked into Easter Eggs, so I treated myself to 3 pieces of cadburys Turkish Delight!! Oooooh and managed to stay away from wine and vodka all weekend!! :noway:

I was mooching on the internet at lunch, trying to motivate myself, as not exercised for over a week. Am determined to get to the gym tonight. Anyway, found these motivational quotes, and thought I would post them for you guys, as may help get us into a positive frame of mind for the week ahead.......

- "Change is a state of mind."

- "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

- "You can't have your cake and be thin too."

- "If life kicks your butt, get up, dust yourself off, and kick it
    right back."

- "All the flowers of tomorrow are seeds of today."

- "Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day after day."

- "Be more stubborn than the scale."

- "Nothing happens until I make it happen."

- "Instead of giving yourself reasons why you can't, give yourself reasons why you can."

- "Commitment leads to action. Action brings you closer to your dream."

- "Determination today leads to success tomorrow."

- "My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitude and the choices I make today."

- "If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution."

- "You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there."

- "If food is your best friend, then it's also your worst enemy."

- "You've only failed when you quit trying."

- "Never trade the life you want the most for what you want at the moment."

- "Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal."

- "The past is gone. The future is distant. But TODAY you can succeed."

Have good days everybody. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hey Guys :flowerforyou:

oops sent before I'd written anything!
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hey Guys :flowerforyou:

Please enough with the Chips, MacD's & KFC, I am sitting here at my desk with ryvitas. They are really not doing it for me today :laugh:

Katherine - You didn't Fail, you just didn't succeed and anyway its not every weekend a girl gets to go to Chinawhites :drinker:

Mimi - WTG girl on resisting those chips

Steve - Don't be naughty & get down that gym. :tongue:

Had a good weekend, only lost a 1lb but after the week I had I was chuffed with that. The first of my kids easter eggs arrived on Sunday - Mini Eggs & Mini Cream Eggs were beckoning to me. I allowed myself 3 and then didn't touch any more. Mind you that was probably cos I went & brushed my teeth about 3 times so it would taste disgusting. LOL

Well back to the grindstone
    Karen
    x
  • xXmimiXx
    Options

Well back to the grindstone
    Karen
    x

My weekend was good, long walk with the dog, and only a couple of bevies. Lost another 1lb.

You snuck that in there Karen! Well done that's awesome! :heart: :heart:
  • Carrie181
    Carrie181 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi

I had a good week end away at the spa with my best friend. Tried to stay good, but did have wine with my meals, but still counted what I had eaten even if I did go over my calorie count. Was very good yesterday and only had porridge for breakfast instead of cooked breccie and also swam for 30 mins. Am back on track now and hope that Fri will be far enough away to even out my naughtiness!! I agree the Easter Eggs are going to take some avoiding! We must resist them!!

Carrie
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hey guys,

Hope you all had a good weekend, I think I've just recovered from mine. :laugh: Really enjoyed it though, and as per Kat's comments earlier in the thread:

["The Shame - My perfect weekend went out the window on friday night... what a load of rubbish.. Im sorry to those who actually stuck to it and made it through the weekend without giving into temptations.. I OFFICIALLY SUCK!"]

I was the same! Friday night consisted of the usual walk to the rugby ground to watch the mighty Warrington Wolves get another victory in their quest for Super League glory! :glasses: After the game, I went out and had a couple of pints but nothing major. My mates went into a local takeaway, and I didn't even order anything!!! :happy:

Saturday was spent shopping and then getting ready for my birthday night out (only 3 days late!!) but had a really good night. Got in really late, danced my *kitten* off something chronic hahahaha, must have burnt about 1,000,000 calories doing this, but I did succumb to the temptation and got takeaway burger and chips. Saying that though, woke up on Sunday morning with no hangover and having lost 2lbs!! :noway:

Sunday was spent at my nan's for the usual family gathering! My sister baked me a birthday cake which was shared out between everyone. I was then naughty and had a subway for lunch, but then went to the farm shop and stocked up on fresh veg. For tea, had a nice piece of gammon, but with lashings of carrots and cabbage, with some special mash potato that the missus makes to perfection.

The end of the weekend was an absolute bloody shambles. Ordered WrestleMania on Sky Box Office, but lost signal and then there was a technical fault, so rang Sky and was waiting for 35 minutes to speak to someone (this was at a 12:45AM!!!!!) and when I finally got through, they said there was an error with my purchase and it never went through. They better be telling the truth as I've already sent them one of my acclaimed complaint letters! :laugh:

So back to Monday and back to the healthy eating. Going bowling tonight, but staying away from the alcohol and the fast food. Going out on Wednesday night with a few mates, but off from Thursday to next Wednesday so have a nice extended break from work.

Well, that's me upto date with everything, best get back to work before someone says something.

Take care everyone! :-)

Lee.
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Hey guys,

Hope you all had a good weekend, I think I've just recovered from mine. :laugh: Really enjoyed it though, and as per Kat's comments earlier in the thread:

["The Shame - My perfect weekend went out the window on friday night... what a load of rubbish.. Im sorry to those who actually stuck to it and made it through the weekend without giving into temptations.. I OFFICIALLY SUCK!"]

I was the same! Friday night consisted of the usual walk to the rugby ground to watch the mighty Warrington Wolves get another victory in their quest for Super League glory! :glasses: After the game, I went out and had a couple of pints but nothing major. My mates went into a local takeaway, and I didn't even order anything!!! :happy:

Saturday was spent shopping and then getting ready for my birthday night out (only 3 days late!!) but had a really good night. Got in really late, danced my *kitten* off something chronic hahahaha, must have burnt about 1,000,000 calories doing this, but I did succumb to the temptation and got takeaway burger and chips. Saying that though, woke up on Sunday morning with no hangover and having lost 2lbs!! :noway:

Sunday was spent at my nan's for the usual family gathering! My sister baked me a birthday cake which was shared out between everyone. I was then naughty and had a subway for lunch, but then went to the farm shop and stocked up on fresh veg. For tea, had a nice piece of gammon, but with lashings of carrots and cabbage, with some special mash potato that the missus makes to perfection.

Take care everyone! :-)

Lee.
    Lee,

Sounds like you had a blimmin good weekend! And it was your birthday weekend so what the hell! Well done on not getting anything from the takeway!!!! I was v proud of myself on Sunday when I was at the seaside, no fish n chips for me! Woo hoo! Have a great healthy week! :flowerforyou:

Mimi x