Team UK - March 2010

Options

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kpnuts23,
    Well I had my first weigh in this morning and didnt loose anything:sad: . I think I may have ate a bit too much at the weekend(oops) This weekend I am going to try and be good. Only downfall is i'm going out with a friend on Friday night and will no doubt drink too much. Whats the lowest calorie alcoholic drink? But I'm going on holiday in 4 weeks so that hopefully will keep me focused not to eat rubbish.:happy:

Helloooo,

Any alcohol (spirit) light in colour ie Vodka, gin etc is the lowest calorie anything coloured is baddd. When I go out I drink gin and SODA WATER no tonic because they barely ever have slimline out :grumble: but you're going to a friend so maybe you'll have that option...anyway soda water has no calories and I make it taste lovely by squeezing lots of fresh lemon/lime in to it. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I :heart: it!

Happy Drinking :drinker:

:heart: Mimi

Ps. my holiday is my main focus right now, I'm going end of June, MUST LOOK GOOD IN BIKINI
  • katiefill
    Options
    Thanks mimi I'll give the gin and soda a try, normally drink white wine or vodka and lemonade so might try lemonade and soda if i don't like the gin.
    Good luck everyone for a healthy week, we can all do it I know we can:happy:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Morning K and everyone :heart:

I'm glad you talked it all through with you bessie :flowerforyou: men hey! :brokenheart: Hope you're ok :smooched:

I am DEFINITELY up for a Weekend Challenge that is JUST what I need. I normally go to the gym on Saturday's but even though I have all the best intentions to go on Sunday's I barely ever go and even if I do go, it's like, I can control myself from the sweets and crisps in the weekend but something inside me just doesn't do it on the weekend - even if in my head I'm thinking don't do it...I do and needless to say I go to bed every Sunday night feeling rubbish and promising to get back on it tomorrow (Monday :laugh: ) I really, really, REALLY want to get out of it so count me IN!

Well done on Perfect Monday, here's to Perfect Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday annnnnd SUNDAY!

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

:heart: Mimi :heart:

Hi Mimi :heart: - always lovely to hear from you, your posts make me smile from cheek to cheek :bigsmile: thank you x :flowerforyou:

Yey i have a challenge buddy! The more the merrier i say! I really really want to be good this weekend.. and know exactly how you feel on a sunday Mimi cause i do it EVERY weekend without fail.. i dont know why?! :explode:
    I know i will be going out in London or Windsor on Sat night so a few drinks will be consumed, but i dont want to get too drunk that i have hangover munchies on sunday (which usually happens).. Im going to keep logged into MFP all day sunday and log EVERYTHING!!! No snacking! Im up for this challenge! :happy:

Katie- as mimi said go for light spirits.. or whiskey... i prefer a good old Vodka Diet Coke :) Does the trick.. although its the cheeky jaggerbombs that catch me out.. D'oh!!!!

Katherine x :heart:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Morning K and everyone :heart:

I'm glad you talked it all through with you bessie :flowerforyou: men hey! :brokenheart: Hope you're ok :smooched:

I am DEFINITELY up for a Weekend Challenge that is JUST what I need. I normally go to the gym on Saturday's but even though I have all the best intentions to go on Sunday's I barely ever go and even if I do go, it's like, I can control myself from the sweets and crisps in the weekend but something inside me just doesn't do it on the weekend - even if in my head I'm thinking don't do it...I do and needless to say I go to bed every Sunday night feeling rubbish and promising to get back on it tomorrow (Monday :laugh: ) I really, really, REALLY want to get out of it so count me IN!

Well done on Perfect Monday, here's to Perfect Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday annnnnd SUNDAY!

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

:heart: Mimi :heart:

Hi Mimi :heart: - always lovely to hear from you, your posts make me smile from cheek to cheek :bigsmile: thank you x :flowerforyou:

Yey i have a challenge buddy! The more the merrier i say! I really really want to be good this weekend.. and know exactly how you feel on a sunday Mimi cause i do it EVERY weekend without fail.. i dont know why?! :explode:
    I know i will be going out in London or Windsor on Sat night so a few drinks will be consumed, but i dont want to get too drunk that i have hangover munchies on sunday (which usually happens).. Im going to keep logged into MFP all day sunday and log EVERYTHING!!! No snacking! Im up for this challenge! :happy:

Katie- as mimi said go for light spirits.. or whiskey... i prefer a good old Vodka Diet Coke :) Does the trick.. although its the cheeky jaggerbombs that catch me out.. D'oh!!!!

Katherine x :heart:

Wahey roll on the Weekend Challenge! We can do it! :happy:

Oh gosh Jagerbombs...I can be doing well on a night out but once your pop a Jager you can't stop, they're also marvellous at getting me more than drunk :laugh:

It's 11am and I'm about to eat a satsuma, wow my life's exciting hahaha! I just signed up for Race for Life 10k in June and Great North Run in September :noway: and signed up to a brilliant site called Take to the Streets - it's a free training planner personalised to you, takes into account your height, weight and resting heart rate and then you say what you want to achieve, in my case half marathon and in how long and it tailors you a training plan. How AWESOME is that! :heart: :drinker: :heart:

Righto, back to FILING :sick: it is :sick:

:heart: Mimi
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Thanks mimi I'll give the gin and soda a try, normally drink white wine or vodka and lemonade so might try lemonade and soda if i don't like the gin.
    Good luck everyone for a healthy week, we can all do it I know we can:happy:

Heya! You're welcome :flowerforyou: Diet lemonade has like 10 cals per glass so maybe just go for gin and diet lemonade - it's nice, I drink that sometimes too :-) try the soda water though sometime, i luuuuurve it!

Mimi xx
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Morning everyone.

I am starting to sense everyone is getting back into the swing of things and wanting to stay focused ALL week instead of ruining the good work at the weekend.

I would love to join in the challenge for the perfect week/end but I cannot go to the gym until next week (due to my laser vision correction). So this week will be a good week if I can stay the same weight. I really have to watch what I eat this week.

Good luck to you all on striving for the perfect week and you can do it. WE ALL CAN.

Steve
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    I really have to watch what I eat this week.

Steve

Sure you can see what your eating after having your eyes lasered? tee hee :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry its my weird sense of humour coming out! :flowerforyou:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Morning everyone.

I am starting to sense everyone is getting back into the swing of things and wanting to stay focused ALL week instead of ruining the good work at the weekend.

I would love to join in the challenge for the perfect week/end but I cannot go to the gym until next week (due to my laser vision correction). So this week will be a good week if I can stay the same weight. I really have to watch what I eat this week.

Good luck to you all on striving for the perfect week and you can do it. WE ALL CAN.

Steve

Woo hoo how awesome will it be if we all manage to behave on the weekend! I'm excited for the challenge!

A guy in my office had laser eye surgery, when he came in the office after having it done he took one look at me and said he wished he hadn't done it...:laugh: he can see perfectly now :laugh: Hope you feel better soon!
  • sdscouser
    Options
    I really have to watch what I eat this week.

Steve

Sure you can see what your eating after having your eyes lasered? tee hee :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry its my weird sense of humour coming out! :flowerforyou:

At least it made me :laugh: :laugh:
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Steve

Woo hoo how awesome will it be if we all manage to behave on the weekend! I'm excited for the challenge!

A guy in my office had laser eye surgery, when he came in the office after having it done he took one look at me and said he wished he hadn't done it...:laugh: he can see perfectly now :laugh: Hope you feel better soon!

The eyes are great.. no more specs or contact lenses... I just waiting to be allowed back in to the gym ...
  • crispy1990
    Options
    [
    :
    Hi everyone and a happy Tuesday to you all

Katherine - Okay I'm in for a Perfect Weekend.

I need it after the amount I ate & drank last weekend, trouble is it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow (20yrs) :noway: and I think the kids have a suprise planned. Which will obviously involve food and drink!! HELP

Mimi - (showing my age here) but what the heck is a Jagerbomb ???

Steve - Glad you're feeling ok

Karen
    x
  • sdscouser
    Options
    [
    :

I need it after the amount I ate & drank last weekend, trouble is it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow (20yrs) :noway: and I think the kids have a suprise planned. Which will obviously involve food and drink!! HELP

Karen
    x

Thanks.. And congratulations for 20yrs. I think for those sort of events going over on the cals is ok. Somethings in life just have to be celebrated.
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    [
    :

Karen
    x

Hey Karen!

A jagerbomb is...........a shot of jagermeister inside a glass of red bull then you down it in one - ahem not very ladylike, but it's awesome haha!

Mimi :flowerforyou:
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    [
    :

Karen
    x

Hey Karen!

A jagerbomb is...........a shot of jagermeister inside a glass of red bull then you down it in one - ahem not very ladylike, but it's awesome haha!

Mimi :flowerforyou:

Im a little excited for one or two right now!! But no.. im off to the gym for an absolute killer of a workout! YEY! :laugh:
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Evening All :happy:

I survived another day in the office!!! And tomorrow is both hump day and pay day :drinker:
    Does anyone want to have a little challenge with me? I have noticed that a few of you (like me) cant resist weekend temptations..:grumble: .. would anyone be willing to have a perfect weekend with me? Im talking, going to the gym, eating well and sticking to the cals?
    Katherine x

Tough one - Friday is a company lunch date and the evening I'm catching up with a college mate - no alcohol but I'm sure my calorie allowance for the day is going to slip some :ohwell: I'll be doing my best to be good tho :bigsmile: BUT Sat and Sun the actual w/end I should be back on track with the calories, so go on, count me in :bigsmile:
  • xLissyx
    xLissyx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hiyaa all..hope u don't mind me joining your group, it's nice to see people from the UK on here as most are american aren't they :smile:

I'm new to all this, but it seems like a good site to lose weight! I've got about 10lbs to lose which is going to be pretty hard but i can do this :smile:

Hope u all have a good week :flowerforyou:

Melissa x
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Tuesdays done so another day closer to the weekend.... Yeaaah!!! Weighed myself this morning (know you shouldnt but I weigh myself every day) and was the same as my official weigh in on Friday, so good news didnt put on over the weekend. :happy: :happy:

I am up for the perfect week challange. Have done well on cals today and yesteday so on track so far. Not managed to get to training yet though, had every intention of going tonight, but it was really raining and couldnt face running round in the rain..... still tired from a heavy weekend!! :yawn: :yawn:

Gonna get an early night tonight then defo get to military training tomorrow!!!

I have no plans for the weekend, so great opp to get involved with the perfect week, gonna try and get loads of exercise in too!!

Thanks guys for the motivation and hope you are all having good weeks so far!!!
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hiyaa all..hope u don't mind me joining your group, it's nice to see people from the UK on here as most are american aren't they :smile:

I'm new to all this, but it seems like a good site to lose weight! I've got about 10lbs to lose which is going to be pretty hard but i can do this :smile:

Hope u all have a good week :flowerforyou:

Melissa x

Hi there and welcome to a very friendly group
  • Carrie181
    Carrie181 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi

Please can I join too?? I found MFP last week via my I phone and am now addicted! Although I started to diet last week I only bought some scales on Fri so am using that as my starting point. I will have to weigh in on Thurs this week as I am away for the week end. So far I have been good - and yes it is early days. I am trying to increase my exercise regime and have been swimming twice this week. I also train twice a week and will be looking for some additional exercise.

I have 12 kgs to lose (a bit of a shock as I was burying my head in the sand) but as there is a group from the UK I will go back to good old fashioned stones and pounds! My aim is to lose the weight, or most of it, by Aug as I will be going on holiday with 3 of my children then. I love the ideas of having mini goals and will start to think up some for myself.

I just need to keep motivated...............hopefully you will all be able to help

Carrie
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hi Carries,

Welcome to a fantastic group.