Team UK - March 2010

Options

Replies

• crispy1990
    Options
    Afternoon all and a Happy Friday to you.

I have lost 1lb :bigsmile:

No all I have to do is concentrate keeping it of this weekend Red wine & French Cheese may be my downfall !!

Have a good weekend one & all - whatever you are up to

Karen
    xx
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    had a bad day today
    ate really healthily, but then i went to the venders to treat myself, and had to buy 3 packets of sweets just to get ONE to come up
    they kept getting stuck.
    :(
    but of course i ate them all
    so hitting on the gym tonight
    and eating healthily tomorrow!xx
  • ragster
    ragster Posts: 20
    Options
    Brilliant stuff. Well done.

I'n new to the site, but have been using the iphone app for a couple of months.

Looking forward to chatting with some UK peeps!:wink:
  • ragster
    ragster Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi
    I'm a newbie to MFP, although been using the iphone app for a couple of months. I didn't appreciate how much there was available from MFP until this week and I'm hoping the message boards continue to deliver the mutual levels of support and companionship it has so far.

Its great also to find 'Team UK'.

I was diagnosed with diabetes in late November and this was the wake up call to sort my life out. 5 days of total fear, living on tomatoes and carrots!!

Since then I have been dealing with my diet on willpower and my iphone app and have now lost 3 stone - yippee. A long way to go, this is around a third of what I need to lose but I'm please. I joined a gym on 1st March so have added that to my routine 2-3 times a week.

Its not easy, is it. There is only me and my nearly teenage son. He's great most of the time, and keeps the sweeties away from me.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Mandy
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi
    I'm a newbie to MFP, although been using the iphone app for a couple of months. I didn't appreciate how much there was available from MFP until this week and I'm hoping the message boards continue to deliver the mutual levels of support and companionship it has so far.

Its great also to find 'Team UK'.

I was diagnosed with diabetes in late November and this was the wake up call to sort my life out. 5 days of total fear, living on tomatoes and carrots!!

Since then I have been dealing with my diet on willpower and my iphone app and have now lost 3 stone - yippee. A long way to go, this is around a third of what I need to lose but I'm please. I joined a gym on 1st March so have added that to my routine 2-3 times a week.

Its not easy, is it. There is only me and my nearly teenage son. He's great most of the time, and keeps the sweeties away from me.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Mandy

Hi there welcome.
  • jennanostyle
    Options
    Hello UK group!

I'm a relative newbie in Cambridge. I think I've lost 2 pounds so far although I seem to own the world's most inaccurate scales (I need to buy new ones). Still the tape measure is (at least I think) accurate and I can see the inches coming off.

Jen x
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Hi all. I'm actually an American living (permanently) in the UK (near Thame in Oxfordshire). I've been on the site for a bit now but have only started taking it properly seriously for about a week. In my 20s I lost 100 pounds and kept it off for a long time but over the course of about six years now it's almost all crept back. So here we go again... hopefully for good this time.

I'm trying to start running again but it's going to take me a while... I'm so unfit! But made it to the gym 4 of the last 5 days so hopefully the habit part will kick in soon.

Welcome friend requests - I'm hoping the community spirit here will keep me on track.
  • psychicteabag
    psychicteabag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've joined this site a few weeks ago. I've bored the pants off everyone around me, raving about mfp, so thought I'd better start talking to people on here as my friends and family are starting to walk in the opposite direction when they see me :ohwell:
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Happy saturday everyone! I hope you have all had a good work, well done to those of you who lost weight, thats fantastic! Hello to all those newbies out there. i have had a great start to my saturday as apparently I lost 1.7kg! I am not sure how accurate this is but have logged it as a loss anyway! That now means I am out of the 52kg range which I've been stuck in for the last few weeks! I am off to the gym this afternoon and need to make it a good workout!!

I hope you guys have a great day and weekend. xx
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Well done Lady C, that's a huge loss!

I've made it to the gym and burned 800 calories before the girly evening later today. Should take care of some wine and some pizza (home made).

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Erika x

P.S. Katherine - the lasagne was gooooooooooooood!
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Well done Lady C, that's a huge loss!

I've made it to the gym and burned 800 calories before the girly evening later today. Should take care of some wine and some pizza (home made).

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Erika x

P.S. Katherine - the lasagne was gooooooooooooood!

Lol, thank you, I haven't lost anything in a few weeks though so I think I kick-started my metabolism by having a few days off last week due to a cold, then doing 2 classes this week that I have not done in ages!! Oh and thank you for the message and the friendship add. :-) Have a lovely weekend.

I have just got back from a 1 1//2 hour workout and burnt 866 calories!!!I am shattered and going to go and have a lush shower, as I treated myself to some goodies from there yesterday. :-)
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hi, I've joined this site a few weeks ago. I've bored the pants off everyone around me, raving about mfp, so thought I'd better start talking to people on here as my friends and family are starting to walk in the opposite direction when they see me :ohwell:

hi there. This forum is such an excellent one. The people here are so supportive. Glad to have you here.
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hi and "happy" Saturday evening to you all. Just back home after having laser vision correction and I am not happy. Not with the laser work but with the fact I cannot go to the gym for a week. I knew I would have to rest for a couple of days but not a week.

This week will be a challenge to lose weight. I'll have to try and be extra careful with what I eat.

I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Take care all of you Steve.
  • psychicteabag
    psychicteabag Posts: 25 Member
    Options

hi there. This forum is such an excellent one. The people here are so supportive. Glad to have you here.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear about the enforced week off. Try and fidget a lot. That's got to burn more calories than sitting around, surely?
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Morning everyone. I hope you are all ok. I've decided to compensate for my enforced week away from
    the gym by agreeing to do the tea runs all week in work. And as we are on the 2nd floor of the building I have four flghts of stairs to go up and down. It's not much but it will be something. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! :bigsmile:

Hope you've all had good weekend?? What has everyone been up to?

I've been busy with work as per usual, got home 6am today and have been lazy all day, will have to make up for it by getting on my stepper later, gotta work off the taco's & apple pie & Ice cream we had for dinner :grumble:

I think another little diet is in order this week, I'm feeling like I need a boost!! :sad:
    Have a big weekend next week so don't wanna be feeling bad.
    Lots of stepper, weights and sit ups!! And will try to do 3 runs this week too, weather permitting!
    But that can start tomorrow, too tired today, early night for me and then back to it. :yawn:

All the best xxx
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi all :)

Didn't realise there was a UK thread :D I'm fairly new to the site - have been keeping a track of my food, exercise and weight loss, and only just starting to contribute tot he boards.

Anyhoo, I've had a good March so far, a bit of a blip this week having been ill, but I'm hoping i still make my 1lb weight loss this week.

Now that I know that this thread is here, hope to see some of you around on the other threads!!
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - had another (ahem) unplanned month off. But am BACK and determined not to leave again, as I now know for sure that I only lose when on MFP.

Lots of newbies!! :) Welcome - Looking forward to getting to know you all x
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Ha! Glad to see I'm not the only MFP Bore ..
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! :flowerforyou:

Hope you're all good and had a good weekend and all managed to eat better than me! Friday and Saturday were OK not perfectly balanced in terms of food but I wasn't over my cals, but yesterday, I went to York with my friend and she had midget gems and pringles in her car :ohwell: anyway, when I got home my plan to make stew went out the window and I had something from the Portugese "restaurant" down the road :frown:

I'm determined for this week to be perfect, I'm pretty pleased with how I did last week all in all so treating it as a erm...test week, this week shall be perfecto! :bigsmile:

K - did your man wake himself up in time for your arrival? If not I'm sure he did when he saw you're hot little self! :heart:

So glad the sun's here, on a random note I bought the nicest flowerly leggings from Topshop yesterday! :laugh:

Ciao bellas / os!

Mimi :smooched: