Team UK - March 2010

Options

Replies

• Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Good Morning everybody!! Happy mothers day to all you mums. I hope you have a lovely day.
    I haven't been on here much this week as I have been full of cold and feeling rotten. The last 4/5 days I have gone over calories as I felt like my body needed food. It wasn't all good food but I do feel better today. I have been to the gym only once this week so am planning on getting down there for a good workout today. I have put on a little but expected that to happen. I'm sure it will come off again, and who knows I might have done myself a favour by having a break from counting.

I hope you all have had a good weekend so far and that you enjoy the rest of it. Xxx
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Can I join 'Team UK' please? :bigsmile: I'm from North Lincolnshire ..

Currently weigh 199.8 lbs - or 14 stone 2 lbs-ish (feels good to say that! :laugh: ) and my goal weight is 140 lbs - or 10 stone! Looking to lose another 3.8 lbs this month!

Oh and if anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free, the more the merrier!! :happy:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Can I join 'Team UK' please? :bigsmile: I'm from North Lincolnshire ..

Currently weigh 199.8 lbs - or 14 stone 2 lbs-ish (feels good to say that! :laugh: ) and my goal weight is 140 lbs - or 10 stone! Looking to lose another 3.8 lbs this month!

Oh and if anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free, the more the merrier!! :happy:

Of course you can, welcome to the group! I hope you find the support here helpful!! Hope you had a great weekend x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Hello everyone

Been pointed in this direction by a post by 'scouser' !
    Have been using the site for nearly 2 weeks and everyone seems so full of support for each other. :happy:
    I have yet to weigh myself as I am too scared in case I haven't lost anything and even more concerned about what to dish up for friends who are coming to supper on Saturday & lunch out for Mothers Day on Sunday
    HELP!!
    Karen

Hi Karen, welcome to a great group, i hope you find it very helpful, i know i have!!
    Get on those scales!!!! Its the only way to really know where to start! It will help honestly! :smile:
    How was your mothers day lunch? x katherine x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!!

I hope you all had lovely weekends and took advantage of the great weather!!

I had a very nice weekend spending time with my mum, pottering round the house and seeing the girls. I didnt do so great on watching what i put in my mouth so im going to get back on track this week... for sure!! Might need some help from everyone though.. i suppose i had a week off last week which was needed but now i really need to up my game and get back to it!!

What have you all been up to?

I hope you have all had successes this week?

my aim is to loose 1lb this week.. fingers crossed! x x
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi and good monring to everyone. I hope you are all well.

I am sure that the weekedends are getting shorter:mad: . At least the days are starting to stay light for longer.

i am really hoping that this week I can lose at least 2lbs. I have had a number of weeks now were I have either not lost or only lost a pound. I am starting to find this a little frustrtating so I really need to focus on my exercise and the food that I eat.

I am fast running out of time to achieve my goal. I still have 10lbs to lose over the next 8 weeks.

I am sure I can do it but I need to see the numbers on the scales move in the right direction soon....
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Good Morning!

I had a lovely weekend thanks, saw my Mum, did a little shopping and a little cooking. Was pleasant all round. Seem to have gotten over the worst of my cold now, having a couple of days where I ate what I wanted seems to have helped.

I really need to get back on track too though kpnuts23 and sdscouser, I have not really lost anything for a few weeks, just the same pound going then coming back again. Grr. Ah well, I will try and hit the gym a lot this week and stay within my alloted calories, am really trying to drink more water too.

Have a good day guys. xxx
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hi Katherine & everyone else :flowerforyou:

I hope you had a good weekend too.

I weighed myself on Saturday morning & had lost 3lbs :bigsmile:

Saturday eve was good fun, managed to pull together a fairly reasonable supper, that wasn't too many calories initially, however I did make the most scrummy cheescake, which kind of blew the calorie count out of the window. LOL

I had a lovely Mothers Day, I made the decision to drive everyone down to visit my Nan, which meant I couldn't drink. I made good choices with lunch. Asparagus for Starter, Fish for main - no pudding.......... easy I thought. Then one of the kids ordered an Alabama Chocolate Pudding and it was HUGE. Why do restaurants do that, It could have been 1/2 the size & still been a reasonable portion??? So of course I had to have a little bit :devil:
    Back on track this morning, but 4 1/2 stone seems such a huge figure :cry: but I will plod on!
    Karen
    xx
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hello everyone

Been pointed in this direction by a post by 'scouser' !
    Have been using the site for nearly 2 weeks and everyone seems so full of support for each other. :happy:
    I have yet to weigh myself as I am too scared in case I haven't lost anything and even more concerned about what to dish up for friends who are coming to supper on Saturday & lunch out for Mothers Day on Sunday
    HELP!!
    Karen

Hi Karen, welcome to a great group, i hope you find it very helpful, i know i have!!
    Get on those scales!!!! Its the only way to really know where to start! It will help honestly! :smile:
    How was your mothers day lunch? x katherine x
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Had a lovely weekend! Although not been great food wise!!

Had a really bad day in work on Friday, so I consoled myself with a bottle of wine :drinker: :drinker: !!! Doh!!! But it did make me feel better!!! :ohwell: :ohwell:

Saturday was resonable, went to Wagamamas and the flicks, so went over a bit, but not too bad for Saturday!!

Yesterday.... mothersday!! Oh lordy!!! :noway: :noway: I think I ate my own body weight in Indian takeaway (probably the worst food you can eat on a diet), followed by a boat load of chocolates!!! Ah well..... it was a treat for my mum!! Did go to training in the morning, so thats one good thing!!

Am hoping to loose 1 lb this week. That would get me to 10.13, want to get under 11 stone for my official weigh in on Friday.

Hope you all have good days :flowerforyou:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - hope you all had a good weekend. On Saturday I did manage to get to the gym before heading to the pub. Unfortunately I had a glass of wine (or 5) too many and got a bit hammered. Sunday morning was a bit tricky, especially when we got to my gran's and she opened a bottle of champagne! We've been off work today so have been for a bit of a ramble in the woods which hopefully will help with some of the damage from the weekend. Going to have to go to the gym or something tomorrow as hubby wants lasagne for birthday tea, and I love pasta!

Have a good week everyone,

Erika x
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hey all, not been on here much weekend just gone as taking a break from the net to focus on my home learning course.

Had a decent weekend, ate quite healthy on Friday, on Saturday I could have took advantage of plenty of buffet food but only had a couple of bits, had a really healthy tea on Sunday, and last night, I went to Taybarns (the all you can eat buffet in Wigan).

Now bearing in mind that when I normally went to Taybarns, I would have burgers, sausages, pizza, garlic bread, chips, curry sauce, beans and some sweet and sour chicken.

This time when I went, I had beef bolognese pasta, potato salad, coleslaw, a couple of sausages, tomatos and salad stuff. Quite a change, eh?? :laugh:

Looking at trying to lose another 2-3lbs this week. In the words of boxing referee Mills Lane on Celebrity Deathmatch........."let's get it on!!!!".

Hope everyone is okay and had a good weekend! :smile:
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hey all, not been on here much weekend just gone as taking a break from the net to focus on my home learning course.

Had a decent weekend, ate quite healthy on Friday, on Saturday I could have took advantage of plenty of buffet food but only had a couple of bits, had a really healthy tea on Sunday, and last night, I went to Taybarns (the all you can eat buffet in Wigan).

Now bearing in mind that when I normally went to Taybarns, I would have burgers, sausages, pizza, garlic bread, chips, curry sauce, beans and some sweet and sour chicken.

This time when I went, I had beef bolognese pasta, potato salad, coleslaw, a couple of sausages, tomatos and salad stuff. Quite a change, eh?? :laugh:

Looking at trying to lose another 2-3lbs this week. In the words of boxing referee Mills Lane on Celebrity Deathmatch........."let's get it on!!!!".

Execellent work on the food front. I was in Milton Keynes at the weekend and went to Red Hot. it is an all you can eat buffet too with food from all the continents. Like you I normally go for everything and then some more. This time is was less plates with less food on and a soft drink instead of a few beers.

Good on you for the home learning.. what are you studying.
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options

Execellent work on the food front. I was in Milton Keynes at the weekend and went to Red Hot. it is an all you can eat buffet too with food from all the continents. Like you I normally go for everything and then some more. This time is was less plates with less food on and a soft drink instead of a few beers.

It was tough but I managed to keep it together, lol! :-)

I'm studying Bookkeeping mate. Just wanted to do something different so I can have it on my CV as something to use when looking for another job.
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options

Oooohh, I love Red Hot in MK. It's full of such delicious things, my work went there for our christmas do! Am meant to be going again soon with my OH and some friends so am gonna have to work hard at resisting all the lovely food! xx
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Another 3lbs lost today! :smile: Takes the running total to 24lbs in about 2 months! :drinker:

OMG That's amazingly fast weight loss!! Well done you!!

I've not been quite so good this weekend :sad:
    Chinese and drinks before work didn't help -plus kfc for lunch on saturday!! :noway:
    Oh dear! Been making up for it ever since!!

Hey ho!
    Will be good all week and then hopefully back on track :grumble:

Keep up the good work everyone :drinker:
    Mel xx

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Well today is hubby's birthday. He wanted american style pancaked for breakfast, and actually they weren't too bad on the calorie front...if you eat them with yogurt and not a load of golden syrup! :laugh:

Lasagne and meringue for tea...gym now! Thank goodness we've got the day off!

Have a good day everyone.

Erika x
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    in an attempt not to snack ive just eaten a whole pack of spearmint tic tacs and now my tongue is burning lol - i WILL get back on track today

my new problem is mid-morning snacking - breakfast just doesnt seem to keep me full anymore!
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Afternoon to you all... I have just got back from the gym and I managed to break the 700 calorie barrier again. third time now :laugh: I am starting to realise that I am actually a lot fitter than I was when I started this journey. 400 calories used to be my target when I went to the gym. Now I am disappointed if I am less than 600.
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Afternoon to you all... I have just got back from the gym and I managed to break the 700 calorie barrier again. third time now :laugh: I am starting to realise that I am actually a lot fitter than I was when I started this journey. 400 calories used to be my target when I went to the gym. Now I am disappointed if I am less than 600.

I did that last night - except i couldnt manage 700! I hit 550.. and said to myself enough is enough! I probs could have gone on to 600 but i just couldnt carry on..
    Tonight im going to do 450 i hope! :smile:

Well done for buring 700 though! I managed to get to 800 once and nearly fell off the spinning bike in shock!! :laugh: