Team UK - March 2010

Options

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    in an attempt not to snack ive just eaten a whole pack of spearmint tic tacs and now my tongue is burning lol - i WILL get back on track today

my new problem is mid-morning snacking - breakfast just doesnt seem to keep me full anymore!

Katie - How have you done today? :flowerforyou:
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

I hope you have all had good days so far - i feel like im getting back into the swing of things - i have a very positive outlook today - gym again tonight! woo!

Foodwise i have made some good choices.. and avoided eating that muffin that is sitting across from my desk! :angry: Soooo annoying seeing it! Kinda glad im not a muffin girl.. if it was a cake - or cookie.. well thats another story!

Im glad you are all setting yourselves mini goals this week.. it really helps having one! mine is once again to NOT overeat at the weekend like i always do! :laugh:

xkatherinex
    P.S Erika, i hope you and your OH have a lovely birthday evening! Enjoy the lasagne - very jealous! :flowerforyou:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Its my day off today and the sun is shinning!!! cant be bad!! I think Im lucky working weekends (well in a diet sort of way) as I don't have the same temptations!!! Last night I tried a Zumba class for the first time, It was really good and I enjoyed it so will go again!! have also been doing the shred, i'm on Level 3 Day 26 so only 5 more days and I will finish!!! then I might start again and try and copy Natalie (who is very good and does all the more advanced moves!!). Good luck to you all will post again soon.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    in an attempt not to snack ive just eaten a whole pack of spearmint tic tacs and now my tongue is burning lol - i WILL get back on track today

my new problem is mid-morning snacking - breakfast just doesnt seem to keep me full anymore!

Katie - How have you done today? :flowerforyou:

ive done ok today i think - i havnt stuck to the plan so far - i had a cheese panini i didnt plan but i was already 300cals under for the day and havnt eaten my banana and apple so im good for calories today

well done on avoiding that muffin!:drinker:
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    today i realised how many calories i eat when i work on my saturday job
    4 mini eggs, is like 70 calories
    i used to easily eat 40! ahh!xxx
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    Another 3lbs lost today! :smile: Takes the running total to 24lbs in about 2 months! :drinker:

OMG That's amazingly fast weight loss!! Well done you!!

I've not been quite so good this weekend :sad:
    Chinese and drinks before work didn't help -plus kfc for lunch on saturday!! :noway:
    Oh dear! Been making up for it ever since!!

Hey ho!
    Will be good all week and then hopefully back on track :grumble:

Keep up the good work everyone :drinker:
    Mel xx

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Ta hun, it came as quite a shock to me too! LOL!

I'll end up having a fair few calories on Friday night though, big rugby game so will be having a few pints! :-)
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Happy Wednesday! Haha

I'm back after my long weekend in Devon for Mother's Day. I dunno who it is but I just can't seem to control myself in my mum's house...anyway I've totally had my fill of fattening horrible food and am sick to the teeth of it! I'm definitely back on the bandwagon today and I'm consciouss I've said that a few times over the past two weeks - ahem - I really mean it now, it's a slippery slope from here and I'm undoing all my hard work! I think my fight with the scales at the gym a couple weeks ago really knocked me for six and upset me which has started this unhealthiness!! Enough is enough!
    I hope you all had a great weekend (I know that was a while ago now haha :laugh: ) the weather was amazing in Plymouth :heart: Oh I do love to be beside the sea!!!!!!!!!!!
    Right pound a week here I come! :drinker:

:heart: Mimi xxx
  • NinaMyers
    NinaMyers Posts: 37
    Options
    Loving all the UK peeps in this thread!!

I'm fairly new here so I'm just starting.....
    Had a birthday last week (big 3-0 eek!) so that was tough with all the gifts chocs and offers of drinks.
    Still lost 1.6lbs last week though, good times.
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options

Had a birthday last week (big 3-0 eek!) so that was tough with all the gifts chocs and offers of drinks.

Welcome. this is really a good bunch of people to be invovled with. Very friendly and very supportive.
  • kpnuts23
    Options

Welcome. this is really a good bunch of people to be invovled with. Very friendly and very supportive.

Welcome to the Group Nina! Hope you find it a help - Like sdscouser said - we are all here to support each other so i hope you make yourself at home within the group.. always around for tips and advice! :smile:
  • kpnuts23
    Options

I'm back after my long weekend in Devon for Mother's Day. I dunno who it is but I just can't seem to control myself in my mum's house...anyway I've totally had my fill of fattening horrible food and am sick to the teeth of it! I'm definitely back on the bandwagon today and I'm consciouss I've said that a few times over the past two weeks - ahem - I really mean it now, it's a slippery slope from here and I'm undoing all my hard work! I think my fight with the scales at the gym a couple weeks ago really knocked me for six and upset me which has started this unhealthiness!! Enough is enough!
    I hope you all had a great weekend (I know that was a while ago now haha :laugh: ) the weather was amazing in Plymouth :heart: Oh I do love to be beside the sea!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiiii Mimi! Lovely to see you back on the board.. Missed your face! :bigsmile:
    I had the exact same frame of mind when it came to monday - i wanted to get right back on track, no slacking.. so its wednesday now and i can happily say i have stuck to being good.. no snacking - apart from healthy snacks of course! :wink:
    I hope you had a lovely weekend though, asides from the "fattening foods" im sure they tasted amazing!!

Off to Nottingham :smooched: *fingers crossed* this weekend, so i will be trying to watch what i eat.. :huh: Could be difficult... Just as long as im good this week then im not going to worry too much - back on saturday evening!

Love K x

Good morning everyone else,

Happy St. Patricks day to everyone! Are you doing anything for it? :drinker: :drinker:

Does anyone have a summer holiday planned yet? I really dont know where to go this year and would like some ideas!! :happy:

:heart: Katherine x
  • JimJam87
    JimJam87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi everyone, Hope everyone's doing good. Got my weigh in tonight, fingers crossed. I'm doing quite well on the not comfort eating front but the nights can be quite difficult now I'm on my own (I've not lived on my own before!)

Happy St Patrick's Day if you're celebrating :drinker:

I'm going on holiday to Marbella this year, me and my fella probably wouldnt have gone away so perhaps it's just as well that we've split up! Going with my Mum, step Dad, Aunty and cousin, should be a good one :smile:

Gem x
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hi everyone, Hope everyone's doing good. Got my weigh in tonight, fingers crossed. I'm doing quite well on the not comfort eating front but the nights can be quite difficult now I'm on my own (I've not lived on my own before!)

Happy St Patrick's Day if you're celebrating :drinker:

I'm going on holiday to Marbella this year, me and my fella probably wouldnt have gone away so perhaps it's just as well that we've split up! Going with my Mum, step Dad, Aunty and cousin, should be a good one :smile:

Gem x

Good luck on the weigh in.

We are off to Aruba this year (that is the reason for losing some weight) and I can't wait. I've never been to Aruba before so I am looking forward to finding out all about it. I hope it is as good as it looks in the brouchure. Steve x
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hi everyone :flowerforyou:

Thank you Katherine for the timely reminder of how near ? my holiday is. (panic) 19 weeks sounds ages but it will probably fly past. I am of to the South of France for a fortnight with Hubby, Kids & Parents.

Is it unreasonable to expect to lose 2lbs a week or am I setting myself up to fail?
    Does anyone else get days where they are really hungry? I have had my lunch - and normally that does me, but today I am sitting here thinking I'm still hungry & want more. I daren't go down to the kitchen here at work, cos it's someones birthday & there are cream cakes :devil:
    So far I have resisted :laugh:
    Iove Karen
  • sdscouser
    Options

Thank you Katherine for the timely reminder of how near ? my holiday is. (panic) 19 weeks sounds ages but it will probably fly past. I am of to the South of France for a fortnight with Hubby, Kids & Parents.

Is it unreasonable to expect to lose 2lbs a week or am I setting myself up to fail?
    Does anyone else get days where they are really hungry? I have had my lunch - and normally that does me, but today I am sitting here thinking I'm still hungry & want more. I daren't go down to the kitchen here at work, cos it's someones birthday & there are cream cakes :devil:
    Iove Karen

I have days when I am very hungry and all I want to do is eat and eat. Sometimes I feel that I simply have to eat so I do, but I try to keep it as healthy as possible. Other days I struggle to eat my calories becasue I just do not feel hungry.

A 2lb a week loss is ok to aim for but as long as you are 1-2lbs a week that will be good.
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm not going away on holiday again this year, can't afford it. :ohwell: :sad:
  • sdscouser
    Options
    I'm not going away on holiday again this year, can't afford it. :ohwell: :sad:

Neither can I but hey I'll worry about the cost when I get back..
  • xXmimiXx
    Options

Hiiii Mimi! Lovely to see you back on the board.. Missed your face! :bigsmile:
    I had the exact same frame of mind when it came to monday - i wanted to get right back on track, no slacking.. so its wednesday now and i can happily say i have stuck to being good.. no snacking - apart from healthy snacks of course! :wink:
    I hope you had a lovely weekend though, asides from the "fattening foods" im sure they tasted amazing!!

Off to Nottingham :smooched: *fingers crossed* this weekend, so i will be trying to watch what i eat.. :huh: Could be difficult... Just as long as im good this week then im not going to worry too much - back on saturday evening!

Love K x

Afternoon K! Thanks :happy: I missed posting on this thread whilst I was away gorging :laugh: I'm quite pleased I have been pretty healthy today, really looking forward to the gym and I'm not hungry, shock shock horror! Haha :noway: Bet you're REALLY LOOKING FORWATD TO N'HAM! :heart: and if you're back on Saturday evening that's not even a whole weekend so if you aren't strict Friday and Sat I'm sure your dedication this week will have made up for it!

:heart: Mikhaila xx

Woo Happy St Patricks Day btw everyone! :drinker:
  • crispy1990
    Options

Iove Karen

I have days when I am very hungry and all I want to do is eat and eat. Sometimes I feel that I simply have to eat so I do, but I try to keep it as healthy as possible. Other days I struggle to eat my calories becasue I just do not feel hungry.

A 2lb a week loss is ok to aim for but as long as you are 1-2lbs a week that will be good.

Hi
    Well feeling fairly victorious, I have managed to resist the cream cakes all day, and when I gave in to temptation and went down to the kitchen .............they'd all gone !! I made do with a 'celebration' :laugh: (not the same)

Scouser
    Thanks for your answer, it makes me feel less hopeless

Mimi
    Thank you for being my first friend :flowerforyou:

Karen
    x

727135.png
  • xXmimiXx
    Options

Iove Karen

Hi
    Well feeling fairly victorious, I have managed to resist the cream cakes all day, and when I gave in to temptation and went down to the kitchen .............they'd all gone !! I made do with a 'celebration' :laugh: (not the same)

Scouser
    Thanks for your answer, it makes me feel less hopeless

Mimi
    Thank you for being my first friend :flowerforyou:

Karen
    x

727135.png

:happy: :heart: :flowerforyou: