Team UK - March 2010

Options

Replies

• Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I hope you are all having a perfect week so far, ready for your perfect weekends! My week is going well food wise. I have stayed within my calories goals and been to the gym twice. I had a sneak peek at the scales this morning from Saturdays weigh in to make sure I wasn't just seeing things and I was down again to 51.4kg. :-)! Wahoo! It is so motivating to see this number! I am booked into Body Step this evening for a killer legs workout! I am hoping I can still make it.

I hope you guys all have a good day today! xx
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Gooood morning Team UK!

Do you know what?? I love coming into work in the morning and reading all your posts on here... makes the journey im on that little bit better to know your all here for me and everyone else in the group.. you all make me smile - old and new faces! :bigsmile:

I hope you all had good evenings? I finished my tuesday off with another hard session at the gym.. I could have pushed myself a bit more but my mind was else where.. i still managed to burn off 500 cals according to my HRM. :drinker:

What have you all got for breakfast? Im starting the day with a bowl of porridge (mainly made with water with a little bit of milk) and a pint of cold water.. yum! :laugh: Personally i would love to have the time to make myself a bacon omelette :tongue: !!

Carries - Welcome to the group :flowerforyou: I hope you find this group a help with your journey!

Plantpot - Yey, im glad i've managed to recruit a few more for my challenge!! Its gonna be tricky - but im crossing my fingers, toes and anything else that will cross that i will have a perfect weekend!

Good morning Mimi - Things are still pants with the boyf atm.. im very frustrated with the whole game playing situation right now :grumble: Im not going to let it get to me tho - if anything its motivating me that much more!!

Speak soon....

Love Katherine x :heart:

P.S. Anyone watch Supersized Vs Superskinny...? I :heart: the show!
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Hiyaa all..hope u don't mind me joining your group, it's nice to see people from the UK on here as most are american aren't they :smile:

I'm new to all this, but it seems like a good site to lose weight! I've got about 10lbs to lose which is going to be pretty hard but i can do this :smile:

Hope u all have a good week :flowerforyou:

Melissa x

Melissa welcome to the group x
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hey all, happy Wednesday to you! :smile:

I've been okay over the weekend with my food, I did go over my calories slightly the other day but made up for it last night with a big 1111 cal burnout. Wanted to do a double session because I'm going out for a meal this afternoon to celebrate me turning 31 today! :drinker: I'm so old!!!!! :laugh:

I'll still be going the gym later on, but I won't be piling on the cals despite celebrating and I'll be saving the alcohol for the big night out on Saturday!!

Hope everyone is doing okay, and to all the newbies on this thread, may I offer you the warmest of welcomes! You'll find some quality people on here willing to listen to your problems and help you out anyway you can, not to mention motivating you!! :happy:

Lee.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hiyaa all..hope u don't mind me joining your group, it's nice to see people from the UK on here as most are american aren't they :smile:

I'm new to all this, but it seems like a good site to lose weight! I've got about 10lbs to lose which is going to be pretty hard but i can do this :smile:

Hope u all have a good week :flowerforyou:

Melissa x

Hey Melissa,

Glad you found the group! :flowerforyou: It's aweeesome!

Mimi xx
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Hey all, happy Wednesday to you! :smile:

I've been okay over the weekend with my food, I did go over my calories slightly the other day but made up for it last night with a big 1111 cal burnout. Wanted to do a double session because I'm going out for a meal this afternoon to celebrate me turning 31 today! :drinker: I'm so old!!!!! :laugh:

I'll still be going the gym later on, but I won't be piling on the cals despite celebrating and I'll be saving the alcohol for the big night out on Saturday!!

Hope everyone is doing okay, and to all the newbies on this thread, may I offer you the warmest of welcomes! You'll find some quality people on here willing to listen to your problems and help you out anyway you can, not to mention motivating you!! :happy:

Lee.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Gooood morning Team UK!

Do you know what?? I love coming into work in the morning and reading all your posts on here... makes the journey im on that little bit better to know your all here for me and everyone else in the group.. you all make me smile - old and new faces! :bigsmile:

I hope you all had good evenings? I finished my tuesday off with another hard session at the gym.. I could have pushed myself a bit more but my mind was else where.. i still managed to burn off 500 cals according to my HRM. :drinker:

What have you all got for breakfast? Im starting the day with a bowl of porridge (mainly made with water with a little bit of milk) and a pint of cold water.. yum! :laugh: Personally i would love to have the time to make myself a bacon omelette :tongue: !!

Carries - Welcome to the group :flowerforyou: I hope you find this group a help with your journey!

Plantpot - Yey, im glad i've managed to recruit a few more for my challenge!! Its gonna be tricky - but im crossing my fingers, toes and anything else that will cross that i will have a perfect weekend!

Good morning Mimi - Things are still pants with the boyf atm.. im very frustrated with the whole game playing situation right now :grumble: Im not going to let it get to me tho - if anything its motivating me that much more!!

Speak soon....

Love Katherine x :heart:

P.S. Anyone watch Supersized Vs Superskinny...? I :heart: the show!

Morning everyone :heart:

I so nearly did not go to the gym last night, but I went, and it was good, and the only thing was I wanted to stay longer but my mate was picking me up! Grr! :flowerforyou:

My bf made me tea last night which was not what I had planned on eating but I didn't go over so it's all good! I have just started my day with some rolled oats and linseed yum yum yum :love:

Again Happy Birthday Lee :drinker:

I'm glad more people are on board with the weekend challenge :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: !

I have a problem tonight guys...going cinema to watch Bounty Hunter...somebody PLEASE tell me how to boycott the pick n mix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K :heart: men are fools! I'm sorry you're feel :huh: that's meant to be blue...here's two more :grumble: :angry: everything'll be OK. If he's playing games with YOU he's the biggest fool on the planet and I'm sure everyone on here would agree. You're awesome and everyone loves you :heart: just carry on being your awesome self and don't let someone not worthy upset you too much, er-thang gon' be alriiight (meant to sound like a New York accent :ohwell: ).

I watched Supersize v Superskinny :noway: she was soooooooo tiny and :noway: that poor Supersize girl, she wasn't into it at first was she, she didn't look like she found that video of our American friends too scary - glad she admitted about her diary in the end!!! The tiny one looked sooo much better even after putting half a stone on in her face! Looking forward to next week!

Have a great dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy everyone :flowerforyou:

:heart: Mimi
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    I have a problem tonight guys...going cinema to watch Bounty Hunter...somebody PLEASE tell me how to boycott the pick n mix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Mee too Mimi - its gonna be a killer!! I might cry because i love Pick n Mix too much to avoid it when i see it.. its gonna be hard.. and even if i dont buy any when i walk past it i will be sitting there thinking about it sooo much to the point i will actually get out my chair to get some.. arghh..
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Happy birthday Lee.. if you are old then I am past it:laugh: :laugh:

K, stay strong. You will do what is right for you, i ams sure you will:flowerforyou:

Half way through the week, I hope you are all doing well with the weekly challenge. I am there in spirit with you all.

Monday can not come quick enough then I can get back to the gym.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Steve
  • xXmimiXx
    Options

OMG Mee too Mimi - its gonna be a killer!! I might cry because i love Pick n Mix too much to avoid it when i see it.. its gonna be hard.. and even if i dont buy any when i walk past it i will be sitting there thinking about it sooo much to the point i will actually get out my chair to get some.. arghh..

Oh god...there's no hope for me is there hahaha! xx
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :happy:

Lee - Happy Birthday! :drinker: I hope you have an excellent day and a great night out on Saturday.

Steve - Glad to hear that the lasering went well. Sorry to hear you can't go to the gym. If it's any consolation, I find when I take a short break from the gym, it all seems to go really well when I get back. Perhaps resting every once in a while to let our bodies catch up isn't a bad thing?! :laugh:

Greeting to all new folk on this thread. It's great here, nice and lighthearted and lots of support. :smile:

Katherine - Sorry to hear about the boyfriend. I hope you work it out however you need to, just remember that you have to look after yourself, and if he isn't supporting you in everything you do then he might not be the right guy. Doesn't make it any nicer or easier to deal with mind. Just remember that what you need is important! :flowerforyou:

I'll come in on the weekend thing. I don't really do too bad on the eating as I tend to cook from scratch, and normally go to the gym, but I do need to cut down on the wine, so I'll be concentrating on that this weekend. It doesn't look like I'm losing weight this week. I keep hoping I'm just retaining water....gym tonight anyway, gotta keep plugging away. As long as I have awesome arms by the summer, I can kinda live with the slow weight loss...maybe! :sad:

Lady C - I hope you've recovered from your mad gym sessions! Glad to hear the scale is heading down for you.

Good luck everyone with all your challenges for the rest of this week, whether it is work lunches, pick and mix or whatever! :bigsmile:

Erika x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Happy birthday Lee.. if you are old then I am past it:laugh: :laugh:

K, stay strong. You will do what is right for you, i ams sure you will:flowerforyou:

Half way through the week, I hope you are all doing well with the weekly challenge. I am there in spirit with you all.

Monday can not come quick enough then I can get back to the gym.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Steve

Steve - I will hang in there.. its just all very deflating at the moment.. i loose the plot sometimes and it takes over my mind.. luckily i have a very busy day at work today completing numurous amounts of reports!! Thank god! :drinker:

Ahh yes - Monday gym session... bet your itching to get there... hows the eyes at the moment?

K x
  • kpnuts23
    Options

Oh god...there's no hope for me is there hahaha! xx

Im afraid mimi... there isnt... our perfect week might be put on hold... im annoyed at my sheer weakness towards pick n mix.. but then if its only 1 BAD thing out of the whole week then surely its not THAT bad... is it?? lol :laugh:
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    The eyes are ok. Working from home today as the air conditioned office made them feel very dry yesterday so taking it easy today.

x
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hey everyone and a happy Wednesday to you all :flowerforyou:

Lee - Happy Birthday to you - Have a good one :drinker:

Mimi - OMG pink & blue cola bottles .................. Love em. You could always chop some carrot & celery up to munch on :laugh: not quite the same I know

Steve - Glad the eyes are healing

Katherine - sorry about the BF, keep strong and remember that ultimately we are responsible for our own happiness. You do whats best for YOU.

Melissa - Welcome to the group, this is a great bunch of people. :happy:

I have to decide where to go for dinner tonight. The OH wants to go for an Indian and I suppose as it is his anniversary as well, he should have some say ! As much as I love curry I know I will overeat, much rather go for a steak. :grumble:

well I ought to get on with some work

have a good day everyone
    Karen
    x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    I have to decide where to go for dinner tonight. The OH wants to go for an Indian and I suppose as it is his anniversary as well, he should have some say ! As much as I love curry I know I will overeat, much rather go for a steak. :grumble:

have a good day everyone
    Karen
    x

Ahh Karen - the sound of a curry is like music to my ears.. except im really really boring when i go... i usually only have - Popadoms (usually 2) with the Mango chutney and onion/tomato salad (YUMMO) then for main its gotta be the Tikka Chicken (not the masala) with the side salad.. im not much of a rice person.. but cant resist the naan bread.. nom nom! :tongue:

Enjoy x
  • xXmimiXx
    Options

have a good day everyone
    Karen
    x

Ahh Karen - the sound of a curry is like music to my ears.. except im really really boring when i go... i usually only have - Popadoms (usually 2) with the Mango chutney and onion/tomato salad (YUMMO) then for main its gotta be the Tikka Chicken (not the masala) with the side salad.. im not much of a rice person.. but cant resist the naan bread.. nom nom! :tongue:

Enjoy x

Karen - omg pink and blue cola bottles I love them too! Aah I know I am going to get pick n mix I just KNOW it! And curry omg I love cod machli and I love the chutney's that come with the popadoms...omg so, hungry thinking about sweets and curry haha (drool)!

K, I know our perfect week might not be completely flawless afterall! Though I figure pretty good days everyday accept one MASSIVE PORTION of sweets is pretty perfect right...ahem! :brokenheart:

:heart: Mimi
  • ragster
    ragster Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi

Please can I join too?? I found MFP last week via my I phone and am now addicted! Although I started to diet last week I only bought some scales on Fri so am using that as my starting point. I will have to weigh in on Thurs this week as I am away for the week end. So far I have been good - and yes it is early days. I am trying to increase my exercise regime and have been swimming twice this week. I also train twice a week and will be looking for some additional exercise.

I have 12 kgs to lose (a bit of a shock as I was burying my head in the sand) but as there is a group from the UK I will go back to good old fashioned stones and pounds! My aim is to lose the weight, or most of it, by Aug as I will be going on holiday with 3 of my children then. I love the ideas of having mini goals and will start to think up some for myself.

I just need to keep motivated...............hopefully you will all be able to help

Carrie
    Hi Carrie
    Im pretty new to this site too, and am an iphone user. Already I've found it so helpful.

Enjoy the support - its great.
    Mandy
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :explode: :mad: :explode:

God dam TOM (sorry any men on here...... know this subject can freak men out :laugh: :laugh: )!!!

All I can think is Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate.... and the fact I know there is a Cadburys Fruit and Nut in the fridge is driving me crazy!!!! :grumble: :grumble: Didnt go training as feeling rubbish..... so thats a whole week now of no exercise!!! Really need to get back on track!!! :ohwell:

Plus prob wont loose now on my Friday weigh in due to water retention!!! :frown: :frown:

KP Nuts, a saying I like and my best friend loves to here when she is having man trouble 'the longer you are with Mr Wrong.... the longer you are missing Mr Right'!!! Hope everythings ok!! :flowerforyou:

Mimi, enjoy the pick n mix.... remember, a little of what you fancy does you good!!! :wink:

Jo x
  • Carrie181
    Carrie181 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes!

Strugglig today as seem to have the hump! Doesn't help when I am hungry, so just had a bowl of pasta with chicken and brocolli and am now drinking pints of water! May have to go to bed soon!! No will be strong - am watching Eddie Izzard on his marathon run. WOW is all I can say .
    Tomorrow will be my weigh in day as I am away for week end, please let the scales be kind....
    Hope everyone else has had good day.
    Karen - Happy Anniversary, I hope you have had a lovely evening

Carrie