Christmas weight.

Options
Hey all today was my first time I got on the scales and it said I had lost some weight :)

Just a quick one, how many of you are allowing yourself some treats over the festive period?

Feel free to add me anyone, I could use any motivation I can get! :)

Replies

• krasay
    krasay Posts: 23
    Options
    No treats for me :frown: I will be on the pre-diet for Bariatric Surgery for the 28th. I am getting the Gastric By-pass done. :smile:
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    i will definitely be having some treats! somehow i got through hanukkah without having any latkes, but sharing christmas with my friends will mean oodles of chocolate and other festive edibles. i figure, this is one part of the year, if i overdo it a little bit one day it isn't going to completely derail my progress... why not!! i have a bit of chocolate or something like that every day anyway.

congrats on the loss! :)
  • adunkin22
    adunkin22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    depriving yourself doesn't do any good. and don't stress too much over it. don't overeat or anything, but allow yourself to enjoy the delicious food the holidays bring (:
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    depriving yourself doesn't do any good. and don't stress too much over it. don't overeat or anything, but allow yourself to enjoy the delicious food the holidays bring (:
    That's what I'm doing, too.
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I decided that I would allow myself some treats but they have to be worth the calories, for instance if it is chocolate it will have to be rich, wonderful and rare - not some everyday chocolate I can buy at the grocery store, or if it's cookies, they will have to be my favorite types.. This will be in place of me eating anything anyone offers me, as I have done in the past.
  • jaqthack
    jaqthack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can't live without treats -- just make them meaningful and keep them in control. It's best to predetermine (plan) what you want to treat yourself with before you eat it. Log it and enjoy slowly! I make a family Potica (Chocolate Walnut Bread) for Christmas every year. I allow myself a slice on Christmas morning with a cup of coffee. Yummy!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    YES! I am absolutely eating a piece of my mom’s pecan pie. YES! I am absolutely eating a Reese’s tree that Santa brings every year. YES! I am eating my dad’s traditional homemade sausage and country ham.

NO! I am not cutting off a piece of pecan pie that is really the size of two or three standard portions. NO! I am not eating the entire package of trees. NO! I am not eating three sausage biscuits, ham, eggs, and bacon.

Portion control, portion control, portion control.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I budget it into my meals. When I went to my grandparents for the week of Thanksgiving, my Gram always has the best chocolate chip cookies. I didn't swear them off, but indulged and worked them off on the stationary bike later than night following my regular workout.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I am definitely allowing treats but making sure it is something I really want and not just mindless snacking or eating! My opinion is... I am not going to deny myself holiday treats when I get to goal and now is all about fitting them into my healthier lifestyle.
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I will let myself have what I want, we only really have a "coffee and treat" day with my mom's side of the family, and then the dinner on my step-dads family is happening on the 18th and I will not be home for that, which is nice. So I don't have to worry, unless my mom tries to save me anything lol. :) But so far just the time I have with my girlfriends, and then the time I have with my mom's side of the family. Plus, I'm baking stuff to bring to the "coffee and treats" day so :P They can enjoy it.
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I will be enjoying some treats for sure! If I didn't I'm pretty sure I would go overboard at some point.