Greetings from my igloo

Options
Greetings to all. I have never used MFP but I have used other sites similar. I thought I might give this place a try. 2014 is looking to be a big year for me. Back in December of 2013 I weighed in at 307lbs. This is the absolute most I have ever weighed. Being 5'4'', and having been overweight a majority of my life, I've decided to get serious about my health. Since mid December I have been going to the gym 3 - 4 times a week. Doing a mix of cardio and weight lifting, I have successfully lost about 13 pounds thus far. It's a work in progress and I look forward to it. Eventually I would like to be able to compete in a 5k with my girlfriend.

Replies

• lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Greetings from my ice cave! LOL Great job on your weight loss and keep it up! If you need a buddy for encouragement you can add me. I need to lose another 100lbs myself.
  • Ataraxia81
    Ataraxia81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Great job on your progress as well. I sent an invite, we can all use support!
  • tberrycastle
    tberrycastle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! There are so many great success stories on here, as part of my morning routine, I read one for inspiration and motivation and it helps me stay on track all day. Americans....we got fat collectively.....we can get healthy collectively! ;-)
  • Ataraxia81
    Ataraxia81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It isn't a matter of "can do", but more "will do". It's great when people with a common goal can get together and support each other. It makes the negatives less bitter and the positives more sweet!
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Count me in bro add me