recommend me one exercise machine

Options
2»

Replies

• Kreepie11
    Kreepie11 Posts: 76
    Options
    I would also recommend the gym membership, if you're able to pull it off monthly. You could buy any one piece of equipment, but the gym has any you could ask for, and probably some you wouldn't have even thought to ask for. It's also a great social experience. You can go with a friend (you would be hard pressed to do the same at home with one piece of equipment), take some headphones and go alone, meet someone new..... Plus it kind of smells nice there, and they're usually nice and bright.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,228 Member
    Options
    Strap system of some sort. I have the Jungle Gym XT, but there is the TRX, Blast Straps, and a bunch more. Very versitile, and allows you to work out your whole body including your back muscles which are some of the more difficult ones to workout without weights.
  • alyrpal
    alyrpal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A bicycle - 700 calories per hour. You see things, hear things and smell things you don't in a gym, room, or tin box on wheels

Al
  • Trixsterfan
    Trixsterfan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Trixster bike,AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking about getting a Total Gym. It seems like 1 machine to do all the workouts. I would like to hear the other responses as well.

This would also be my suggestion, though I don't have one and have never used one. But Chuck friggin' Norris uses it!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    There is one machine that does all the workouts - it's called your own body. Your body is your own total gym.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Running shoes! Then go outside and use them often!
  • SirgS
    SirgS Posts: 21
    Options
    I wouldn't trade in my rowing machine for the world. I'm ready to upgrade it to a concept 2, if you can afford it definitely get it.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    You could get an inexpensive elliptical machine. There is minimal impact to your joints and if you set the resistance level up high you can really get a great burn! When the weather is nice no machine needed! :) Good luck!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I really like the rowing machine at the gym. Its a total body workout. I was totally against paying for gym memberships for the longest time, but I finally broke down and joined and after getting over the anxiety of it all.. I LOVE IT!!! Just a thought. You can take advantage of as many pieces of equipment as you want to.
  • kancamaugus
    kancamaugus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have owned a Total Gym for a long time and use it every day (well-just about) - no excuses; convenient; don't have to drive to a gym or continue to pay membership fees. They are not cheap but pay for themselves very quickly.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If I was to buy one machine, it'd be an Arctrainer by Cybex.

Walking around town has been immensely helpful for me, and it's free. You can plot routes (and see how far they are) at sites like Mapmyrun, and I think Runkeeper also.

You could also check the local YMCA or your city/county recreation centers. They don't advertise, but mine has a fitness center for $115/year (or $16/mo) - cheaper than any of the machines.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,228 Member
    Options
    There is one machine that does all the workouts - it's called your own body. Your body is your own total gym.

While i agree, working the upper back with bodyweight is difficult without something to help. Hence my suggestion of straps of one sort or other.