30lbs by St Patricks Day! NEW Motivation Group 12/2010

Options

Replies

• ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well I'm in. I'm about to be 30 and I need to lose weight. I'm in the Air Force, so while some may look at me and not see me as obese (yet still overweight), I look so gross next to all these size 00's that I work with. So that's my vain reason, I'm tired of being the "big girl" at work, and I just want to wear sexy clothes! I also want to look sexy for my husband. He is awesome!

When I joined the Air Force in 2003, I weighed in at 145ish. A year and a half later I went on birth control and gained 50 lbs overnight (well, in 3 months). That put me about 190. Since then I've gained another 10-15 pounds. Depending on the month, I'm anywhere from 195 to 205. So right now I'm at 199, and getting down to 195 won't be anything fantastic, since I see it all the time. It's getting below 193 that is hard for me. I'm going to try to stick to eating 200 calories less than my goal (depending on my weight) caloric intake. I want to burn at least 300 calories a day, which will put me at 500 deficit a day, 3500 a week, therefore 1 lb a week. Sooo, my goal weight for St. Patty's day is just 186, only 13 lbs lighter.

I have rewards built in for myself. I want to buy myself a coach purse when I get to 175. My goal weight is 140.
  • velvetechos
    Options

I have rewards built in for myself. I want to buy myself a coach purse when I get to 175. My goal weight is 140.

Glad to have you aboard! :)

Rewards are definitely important - as soon as I see 195 I plan on picking up a few new pairs of pants. All of the ones I've had since beginning this journey are loose enough to be able to pull up and down without undoing the zip or button, but I've just been using a belt and telling myself "why waste money on new pants that will hopefully be too large in the near future" ;-)
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options

I set not only a rewards at a certain weights but a challenge as well. Once I lost 100lbs, I bought myself the latest ipod. But I also had to join a gym, which I now enjoy more than the ipod!!!
  • almartinez2
    Options
    I'm up to the challenge. One of the best low calorie fill you up foods is soup (especially homemade with cabbage and other veggies) I love to have it this time of year.
  • reese1206
    Options
    I am Jessica a SAHM of 4 kids. 7, 3, 2 and 1. I overall would like to lose 50lbs. My Hubby is deployed and I want him to come home to one SEXY Mama!

Weigh in day 180lbs
  • GFPeggy11
    Options
    I'm in! I have lost and gained the same 50lbs for the last few years, I want to ditch it, once and for ALL! I'm over this relationship! LOL

I started MFP about a week and a half ago, and have lost 5.6lbs already. Mostly because I gave up soda, am drinking water like it's going out of style and am giving up gluten to test for Celieac desease. Yay me! *rolls eyes*

My CW is 258lbs.
    My goal for 1.1.11 is 253lbs.
    So for St. Patricks day: 233lbs. !!!

This will be fun.

Oh, and my name is Peggy.
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    My biggest one is Fried Pickles - GREASE AND SALT!!!! UUGGGHHH

Why are those so yummy? I hate pickles, but as soon as you fry it, I love it? What is WITH that??
  • ymamyma
    Options

Glad to have you aboard! :)

Rewards are definitely important - as soon as I see 195 I plan on picking up a few new pairs of pants. All of the ones I've had since beginning this journey are loose enough to be able to pull up and down without undoing the zip or button, but I've just been using a belt and telling myself "why waste money on new pants that will hopefully be too large in the near future" ;-)

Ooooh. I LOVE your reward. I think I may need to work that in for me somewhere!
  • ymamyma
    Options
    I am Jessica a SAHM of 4 kids. 7, 3, 2 and 1. I overall would like to lose 50lbs. My Hubby is deployed and I want him to come home to one SEXY Mama!

Weigh in day 180lbs

Nice to meet you, Jessica!!
  • ymamyma
    Options
    I'm in! I have lost and gained the same 50lbs for the last few years, I want to ditch it, once and for ALL! I'm over this relationship! LOL

I started MFP about a week and a half ago, and have lost 5.6lbs already. Mostly because I gave up soda, am drinking water like it's going out of style and am giving up gluten to test for Celieac desease. Yay me! *rolls eyes*

My CW is 258lbs.
    My goal for 1.1.11 is 253lbs.
    So for St. Patricks day: 233lbs. !!!

This will be fun.

Oh, and my name is Peggy.

Hi, Peggy! Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I have a couple of friends who have gone gluten-free, and they were both amazed at the difference in their bodies, and how they felt once it was all out of their system! Good luck to you!
  • GFPeggy11
    Options
    Hi, Peggy! Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I have a couple of friends who have gone gluten-free, and they were both amazed at the difference in their bodies, and how they felt once it was all out of their system! Good luck to you!

Thank you! My cousin has it, and it tends to run in families. So I'm thinking I have an issue, if not the full blown thing. I aim to not make it a hard transition if I can help it!
  • lindakp83
    Options
    Ok, I'm in! I am Linda. I am 27. I am a single mom. I have lost about 18lbs. I have struggled a bit lately. Lots of stress going on in my life and I give into food a lot. I joined in July and have done really good then not so good off and on. I decided I just have to take it day by day and log the calories no matter what.
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Hi Jessica, Linda, and Peggy - nice to have you all join in!

I was thinking we should do some weekly challenges to keep us all focused; possibly starting with something easier like "get in 5 servings of veggies/fruit daily"

So is everyone game to start that on Monday? Each day we'd post here what our veggies/fruit for the day were (and I encourage trying something you haven't before, if possible!) - and if you didn't meet the five a day, try to think of where you could have fit some in, and why it didn't happen :) No judgment, just trying to improve habits!
  • ymamyma
    Options
    :Hurray!! Linda is here!!!

KikI, I think that is a fabulous idea! I'm in!! :drinker:
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!!
  • klwa
    klwa Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm in! I originally signed up last March, but have been off and on since then. Started back a couple of days ago. I'm 51, and weighed 120 when I was 21. The weight has gradually crept on since then, so would LOVE to lose 30 lbs!

CW 162.8
    GW 135
  • justinswife
    justinswife Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I want to join too! This sounds like an awesome goal!
    My name is Emily and I'm 20! I have put on quite a bit of weight between college and getting married in June. On September 17 I began this journey at 214. Now, almost three months later I am 181.5. Fridays sound like a good weigh in day.
    CW: 181.5
    GW: (By St. Patrick's Day): 151.5
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Hi klwa and Emily!!! Glad to have you here!

It looks like we're getting a good little group going, and I'm excited :)
  • lindakp83
    Options
    Monday sounds good.
  • ymamyma
    Options
    Hi klwa and Emily!!! Glad to have you here!

It looks like we're getting a good little group going, and I'm excited :)

Nice to meet you both! :smile: