omg always starving and sick helppp

Options
i'm 5'4, just found out i'm 128 lbs. i'm ectomesomorph body type. i'm pretty skinny, but gain muscle faast, i have a LOT of muscle in my butts and legs, and a bit in my stomach area. i really want to get down to 115 again. oh also, i'm 20. female!

i'm hypoglycemic, and when my blood sugar gets low, i get STARVING, like literally, physically painfully hungry. and i also get dizzy and nauseous. i also have a pretty fast metabolism... -.-
i don't work out too much... i am more now that it's warmer. most of my physical activity comes from (sorry tmi!) intimacy with my boyfriend, ha! so decent amount, but not suuuuper active.
i'm trying to stay at 1200 cals a day...but omg it's hard. i keep just starving all the time!
i eat whole grains, fruits and veggies, eggs, protein bars, lean meat... but it's just never enough. my metabolism just gobbles it up and i'm hungry within 2 hours.
any advice? please!? this is so frustrating :(

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You're eating 1200 calories? Why? You don't need to lose weight, so why such a large deficit? If you're hungry, eat more. Simple.

ETA: Just noticed you want to get to 115. Don't you think that's a little low?
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing how much you're eating? Logging it?

Also 1,200 calories a day is way too low for you.

And I hate it to break it to you, but I very much doubt that you need to lose weight, but rather build muscle to achieve your desired body. Banging your boyfriend doesn't really count as anything more than mild cardio. You need to start lifting weights. Hate to be the deliverer of bad news. Stop starving yourself and get to the gym.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    before you work out, eat 30 grams of carbs which is 2 pieces of toast. Your sugar will not fall.....
  • lmaopancakes
    Options
    well i want to lose weight and also gain muscle. i want to lose the fat the has built up in my midsection and lower butt/upper thighs (that's where i always gain and lose first).
    if 1200 is too low then how much should i eat? :/
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Some good advice. Also, you may find it helpful to blend up some whole juice and sip on it throughout the day. One of my favorites is:

1/2 cup kale
    1 mini cucumber
    1/4 cup grapes (you probably need more) and or 1/2 ripe green pear.
    1 stalk celery
    Enough water to fill pitcher.

This is really refreshing and pretty well balanced. I drink it when I'm feeling uncomfortable and snacky too.
  • lmaopancakes
    Options
    thanks sunbrooke! i'll try that out.
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    You're eating 1200 calories? Why? You don't need to lose weight, so why such a large deficit? If you're hungry, eat more. Simple.

ETA: Just noticed you want to get to 115. Don't you think that's a little low?

Her BMI according to http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bminojs.htm would be 19.7, which is within normal range, just slightly on the lower end. It's not too dramatic of a goal, in my opinion, but I wonder why exactly OP wants that number or why she wants to lose weight in the first place. Was it just due to finding out the number on the scale?
  • lmaopancakes
    Options
    when i moved out, i was 115, and really happy with the way i looked. that was end of october. i thought i had gained weight in my midsection, but wasn't sure (didn't have access to a scale until recently), i assumed maybe it was just my eyes being negative towards my body ha, but lo-and-behold, i did gain 13ish lbs. i just want to go back to when i was more confident and healthy feeling.
  • Sunbrooke
    Options
    well i want to lose weight and also gain muscle. i want to lose the fat the has built up in my midsection and lower butt/upper thighs (that's where i always gain and lose first).

Get a food scale and spend a couple of days logging what you eat very carefully. Set your goals to a more moderate loss rate. This will probably be safer in the long run since you are hypoglycemic.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Go back into your MFP settings, change your loss to .5 lbs per week and your activity level to lightly active. Eat what it tells you, and eat more when you do exercise or more activity than your usual day.
  • lmaopancakes
    Options
    i just did. it says 1610 calories...i just feel like that's a lot if i'm trying to lose weight, especially if i'm also being active?
  • lmaopancakes
    Options
    thank you!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    In my opinion its not about BMI or weight, body fat % is a much better scale to use.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    i just did. it says 1610 calories...i just feel like that's a lot if i'm trying to lose weight, especially if i'm also being active?
    It's because you're being active that you need to eat more. You do not have to starve yourself to lose weight especially the small amount you want to lose.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's because you're being active that you need to eat more. You do not have to starve yourself to lose weight especially the small amount you want to lose.

This ^^

Too large a deficit will just result in losing muscle along with fat. You took 4 months to gain the 13 lbs, don't expect to lose it in a couple of weeks.
  • lmaopancakes
    Options
    my body fat is right around 25%. but i don't FEEL healthy.

can anyone suggest any foods or protein shakes or anything that can help me stay full longer and my blood sugar not crash? is more what i was looking for, please? lol
  • cmakrickas
    cmakrickas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with the body fat% mentioned before. The weight number on the scale is crap and doesn't accurately measure your overall physique. Another good idea is how your clothes fit or to take body measurements.
    You could weight 120 and still be fat - so think about that.....

My advice would be to start adding healthy fats into your diet. Grass fed butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fish oil.
    As soon as I started to increase my fat intake I was less hungry and I saw the ugly fat leave my body.
    Good fat in = Bad fat out

Take a read and see what works for you.
    http://www.bulletproofexec.com/the-complete-illustrated-one-page-bulletproof-diet/
  • Sunbrooke
    Options
    Could you be intolerant of something you are eating? I am somewhat lactose intolerant. I didn't know for years because it doesn't make me that sick... Just gassy and uncomfortable if I have to much. I also have to get plenty of fiber. I can't stand feeling bloated or being irregular.
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options

This ^^

Too large a deficit will just result in losing muscle along with fat. You took 4 months to gain the 13 lbs, don't expect to lose it in a couple of weeks.

All of this ^^^^

I have more to lose than you but am consistently losing eating between 1600-1800. I am also very active.