What Wii Games help you lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wii fit has some extras to help you work out and stay active. The wii balance board helps you track your weight, balance, ect..

The wii fit w/ balance board can run you up to $100, yikes!

ok so I might be dumb but what is the difference between wii fit and wii balance board. All I have is the wii and I want to do some games that don't require addition stuff. On a tight budget.

so what games can I use with out all that other stuff

I think you can use alot of the workout games w/o the balance board. if I remember correctly when I had the Biggest loser game it asks you to workout with one or not with one. I would google it or check the backs of the games.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    k thanks so much
  • nate1198
    Options
    WII CARDIO WORKOUT....AMATEUR BOXING FUN!!! WII EA SPORTS....STRENGTH TRAINING, JOGGING, SPORTS ITS ALOT OF FUN AND NOT BORING!!!!!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Wii Fit fan, just not enough of a workout, but is fun for play not weight loss IMO. The EA Active is good and you can really push yourself above and beyond to get more benefit from it. I haven't used EA Active 2 that is supposed to come with a HRM.
    I'm a fan of Just Dance with the kids, we laugh and play for ever. From a dancer's perspective, it stinks, but from a cardio perspective, it's definitely fun. A super family activity.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have and do daily Wii Fit Plus, biggest loser and EA active sports and I'm managed to lose quite a bit BUT remember it's not just excersising you also have to WATCH YOUR DIET otherwise it'll all be for naught.
  • Leahzc
    Options
    Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing is fun. EA Sports Active 2 is my main game right now..
  • jshordon
    Options
    Just got EA Active 2 today and it seems like it could really help with my weight loss
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I have a regular Wii and have the following workout games:

Wii Sports
    Just Dance
    Don King Boxing
    Walk It Out
  • velvetechos
    Options
    I really enjoyed We Cheer! for Wii

http://www.amazon.com/We-Cheer-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0017ZK7PA

No balance board needed.
  • MrMeefee
    Options
    I'm also using EA Sports Active 2 at the moment. The game comes with it's own heart rate monitor and leg strap monitor and an average workout is in the region of 220 calories in 30 minutes on the "hard" setting in the 9 Week Challenge that I am doing.

You are supposed to work our for 4 days out of 7, but you can get around this if you want to by repeating previous workouts on intermediate days. You results are tracked and uploaded to EA servers so you can log in from your computer to see how you ae progressing.

I'm really enjoying it at the moment, two weeks in. So much so that I am doing 2 workouts every week day!
  • JaymeQ
    JaymeQ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson The Experience for the Wii is a great workout! I actually like it better than the Just Dance games.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I decided on Just Dance 2 and I love it! Ive danced for 30 minutes before I know it and im sweating when Im done!

I wont use this as my primary workout but Its nice to change up my routine every once in awhile!
  • Adamover30
    Adamover30 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would have to say Just Dance 2 and Wii Zumba are a good workout. I have the Wii Fit and it gives you a little workout, but you can only stay on the aerobic exercises. Running for just 10 minutes burns 60 calories! I'd rather run on the road though. I hate running in place.
  • futuresizeeight
    Options
    I find the Wii Sports boxing is a great workout as long as you really put your back into it! I also like Just Dance 3.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    EA sports active 2 is awesome, and also Exerbeat. I LOVE the aerobic boxing. It works every single freaking muscle in your body. :wink:
  • amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    Zumba 2 for the wii is AMAZING i can burn 600-800 calories dancing for an hour and not even realise im workingout
  • bewizpro
    bewizpro Posts: 1
    Options
    Fitness Games for Wii

Just Dance 3
    EA Sports Active 2 and NFL Training Camp
    Exerbeat
    Zumba Fitness 2
    Dance Dance Revolution II
    The Biggest Loser Challenge
    Active Life Explorer
    Get Fit with Mel B
    Wii Fit Plus
    Walk It Out
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I will also jump on the Just Dance series bandwagon, as well as the Michael Jackson Experience and the Black Eyed Peas Experience. the latter two are a lot more difficult dancewise to catch onto than Just Dance, in my opinion. Very fun cardio that really makes you sweat. I love doing these on days I don't feel like really working out. :)

I also like The Biggest Loser "game." There are many different workout options (from length of workout to body area to intensity) as well as challenges. What's annoying about it is that you can't just be yourself -- you have to choose one of the contestants -- and the weigh ins don't really coincide with your actual weight. I use it more for the workouts than for any type of competition with myself.

My Fitness Coach is also really good. Again, you can choose your length of workout and area of body to focus on. It then customizes a workout, so no two workouts are ever the same. (Fantastic if you are like me and get bored easily with workout DVDs.) It learns based upon feedback you give about how you are feeling during the workout, so the workouts get more challenging as you go along. You can use a step, ball, weights, also with this if you have them.

Overall, the Wii Fit isn't a great workout if you are really looking to push yourself. (Although doing the Super Hula Hoop for many minutes does break a good sweat!) I like doing the yoga and strength exercises. A lot of the games really help with balance, core, and sort of generic strengthening. Also it's fun, and better than doing nothing.