what is going on here???

Options
i have lost 15.4lbs so far and I'm starting to get down.

I have lost weight but nothing has changed. My clothes fit the same and it's getting me down. I thought i would have at least gone down 1 pants size. whats going on here????

Replies

• kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You may be gaining muscle. Hang in there 15.4 lbs is an awesome start - Congratulations.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Keep with it. I felt the same way. I realize now that I probably should have been in the next size up. It's hard to see the difference, but i'm sure it's there. 15 pounds is an awesome start. It's taken me 25 pounds to actually see a difference!
  • chewy8874042
    chewy8874042 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Maybe you carry your weight in different places and loose it in different places. I have NOT lost that much weigh but have gone down in my pants size, but my thighs/but carry all my extra weight. Unfortunately, I still feel like my arms are huge...............and my breasts have (for lack of a better term) DEFLATED :(. Keep working and hopefully it will all start to proportion out - that's what I am hoping, at least! Also, lately working out has been mostly focused on my lower half since it was so much bigger, so maybe check your exercise regimen??? Good Luck and congrats on the 15!!!!
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I know it seems like its not going away, but it is. Bought a shirt last night for a wedding coming up and had to get 2 sizes smaller (didn't realize how big my old shirts actually were). My pants are still the same, because the hips aren't going down as well as the rest of me. Hang in there, you will see the difference soon enough. 15.4 pounds is terrific. Keep it up!!!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Keep at it! The changes will come.

This might not be the case for you, but my size 20s fit me for a while because they were tight when I started my journey.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Charmagne
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    i have lost 15.4lbs so far and I'm starting to get down.

I have lost weight but nothing has changed. My clothes fit the same and it's getting me down. I thought i would have at least gone down 1 pants size. whats going on here????
    Have you done measurements? Try that and you might be surprised where you may have lost some inches. No reason to be down about losing 15+ lbs., it's too soon to consider it muscle, it's likely some water weight and some real weigh loss combined.

Chug that water and keep at what you're doing, seems to be working well. Some lose sizes first and inches, others drop the weight soon and worry on the sizes. Patience :flowerforyou:
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Size doesn't matter. I pulled some jeans out of my closet the other day, both Levi's, both size 10's, both 515's, both light blue wash, both boot cut, and tried to figure out why one pair fit and the other was too big. I got out my trusty rusty tape measure and it turns out that one of the pairs had almost 2 extra inches in the hips AND waist.

Sizes are inconsistent at best. Instead, ask yourself… How do I feel today? Can I continue and see more results? Can I physically do more than I could two weeks ago? How am I sleeping? What are my moods like when I’m not focused on weight?

(By the way, I know its hard. I struggled with the exact same thing when I was between 190 – 210. I didn’t understand I could lose 20 pounds and not get to change pants. It does happen eventaully. I promise)
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Hang in there, sometimes it takes a while. I think I was down 20 lbs before I suddenly needed to go down a size and then it seems that I kept shrinking pretty quickly. Just keep at it, it will happen!