Does anyone have any good low fat cal recipies?

Reshie
Reshie Posts: 12
edited September 22 in Recipes
I'm really looking for some good recipies for pork and chicken.
and anything else that someone might like to share.
Thanks!
Alisha

Replies

• khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Do a search for what you're looking, or head over to the recipes board....there's TONS over there! Hungrygirl.com also has some great stuff!
  • caschw
    caschw Posts: 32 Member
    I have a wonderful recipe for Chicken Alfredo.
    1 can low sodium Chicken broth
    1 8 oz. fat free cream cheese.
    2 cloves garlic browned with about 3 scallions I add a little citrus basil Cream together and add cooked chicken and serve over ww noodles. It's Great!
  • I have a wonderful recipe for Chicken Alfredo.
    1 can low sodium Chicken broth
    1 8 oz. fat free cream cheese.
    2 cloves garlic browned with about 3 scallions I add a little citrus basil Cream together and add cooked chicken and serve over ww noodles. It's Great!
    sounds pretty amazing
  • I've recently found that diabetic focused magazines/cookbooks are also typically low in fat, not only sugar. I highly suggest checking some of those out. I found a yummy oatmeal chocolate chip recipe as well as a cauliflower and spinach casserole. I'm sure they would have something for pork and chicken! :flowerforyou:
  • kestrada14
    kestrada14 Posts: 1 Member
    Here's a few easy options for chicken:

- Look for A Taste of Thai Spicy Peanut Bake seasoning packets (not that spicy but soooo delicious) and just follow the directions. Avail w/other asian ingredients at most markets. I like to cut up cucumbers with a little fresh mint and vinegar on the side
    - If you have a slow cooker just throw in defrosted chicken and a bottle of salsa. W/low cal tortillas you've got great tacos!
    - Marinating chicken with fat free italian dressing and then grilling or pan "frying" (just use nonstick spray instead of oil) is an easy go-to!

Enjoy!
  • http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/ i hope you like this page ^.^
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    I've recently found that diabetic focused magazines/cookbooks are also typically low in fat, not only sugar. I highly suggest checking some of those out. I found a yummy oatmeal chocolate chip recipe as well as a cauliflower and spinach casserole. I'm sure they would have something for pork and chicken! :flowerforyou:

Diabetic and heart association recipes are all pretty good!
This discussion has been closed.