Newbie looking for support

Options
Hi

I'm a newbie looking to lose 8-10% body Fat.
I'm at 28 % & weigh 156.4 .. 5.2 ft
Just here looking for support .. Be sure to add me , so we can support each other :)

Replies

• ojosh089
    ojosh089 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Welcome to MFP. Great place for advice and support. I'm fairly new too (3weeks in).
    I'm almost at my goal (started year around 195) i'm about 172 now. Trying to get down to 160 then put on some muscle.
    Good luck on your goals, stay positive, stay strong and know that you can and it will happen!
  • ryantrimble12
    ryantrimble12 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been on mfp for a few months, but just got interested in the community aspect of it this week. Pretty good for motivation so far!
  • Posh1981
    Posh1981 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone !
  • value1
    value1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello I'm new I need support getting started anyone out there like to help me?
  • ThinningKB2014
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I think the community support has been hugely helpful and motivating!
  • toberose
    toberose Posts: 4
    Options
    Me too a newbie.. support could be good
    I have been doing this for 11 days
    I would like to weigh 120 from my present weight of 150
    afraid to weigh in cause it doesn't feel like I lost anything yet

so just do it
    I say to myself and I suggest to you

good luck

toberose
  • toberose
    Options
    I am a newbie too
    and following this approach totally
    not going to weigh in until I FEEL LIKE IT IS COMING OFF

The image on my blog is how I want to look

and soon
    or I guess what ever it takes

best

Tobe Rose
  • toberose
    Options
    so I have a question for you

did you find that you started losing right away or it took some time before it came off...
    I mean nothing has come off for me

I am hungry but determined to lose

also age could have something to do with it

I am in my 50s and hoping that the daily exercise and lower calories will ramp up my metabolism
    ideas?
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    so I have a question for you

did you find that you started losing right away or it took some time before it came off...
    I mean nothing has come off for me

I am hungry but determined to lose

also age could have something to do with it

I am in my 50s and hoping that the daily exercise and lower calories will ramp up my metabolism
    ideas?
    Use the food diary and keep track of everything you eat. Make sure you are drinking enough water. The minimum recommendation by MFP is 8 8 oz glasses each day, but the formula is to take your weight, divide by HALF and that is the number of ounces you are to be drinking each day. It makes a difference.

MOVE! Make sure you are moving more. It doesn't have to be a work out or involve a gym membership. Park in the spot furthest from the entrance you use. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk. Walk. Walk. If you have stairs in your home, walk up and down them just for the sake of moving. There is a way to log your exercise just as you do your food.

I've sent you a friend request, too, and will be happy to lend support and help with questions as best I can.