Newbie here! Come say hi please :) lol

Options
Hey ladies and gents! I'm a newbie here, I've been lurking for the past couple of days and loving the format of this website. I've been on another free site kind of similar but I found it too crowded with everything everywhere.. I love this simple design. Soo to the weight loss, my ultimate goal is to be 128 pounds- That means I have approx 84 pounds to lose! Thats alot of weight. But my 1st goal is to get to 145, then work towards the rest, see how I feel/look ect. Anywho, I eat plant based, and I've been just getting up and moving..working out to Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. Don't laugh, a girls gotta start somewhere. I would love to make some friends, possibly around my age or older who have a decent amount of weight to lose. Motivating conversations can be so helpful. I'm really ready to succeed this time!!

Replies

• Conquer14
    Conquer14 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have read quite a few people's post on here thst they like Ledlie Sansone's, Walk Away Pounds. I actually googled a video myself after reading reviews on her since i have not been very active for awhile. I just couldn't get into it. So, went with 30 Day Shred. One thing I need to do is learn to eat clean. My diet is horrible, even though I stay under my calorie goal.
  • MissMonicaC
    MissMonicaC Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about the 30 day shred. How has it been going for you?
  • leb01amg
    leb01amg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I’m also new to the community side of the site. I’ve been working out for a while but this is the most dedicated I’ve been towards monitoring my complete diet. My goal is achieving a lower BFI and improving my cholesterol numbers. I’m just trying to stay steady with exercise and proper diet – the grind continues.
  • DeboraW_55
    DeboraW_55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Like you said gotta start some where. I have been back on 18 days, walk on treadmill, Zumba, and gonna start Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies. 58 years old so its harder for me to lose weight, want to be friends?
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't laugh at walking it away.. Anything is better then nothing! You'll come to see that once you start walking and dedicating yourself you'll crave more, when you see the small changes it will motivate you more.. Stick to your goals, dont bite off more than you can handle and you will be fine, Just dont forget working out goes hand in hand with nutrition.

Feel free to add me if you have any questions, my friends are just as helpful as I am.
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, looking to get down to about 140, maybe 130. I'm 195 as of three weeks ago (only weighing at the end of the months now) and down some inches (I take measurements). I'm available for advice/friends requests to anyone who wants! I am constantly changing up my workouts because it's more fun that way. Right now working on:

100 pushup challenge
    30 day abs challenge
    30 day butt challenge

Plus cardio in the form of walking with high incline on the treadmill, walking the dog in the hilly trails, swimming, elliptical, star-climber. Whatever looks fun that day.

I have a desk job so I try to "work out" or at least get moving everyday, without overdoing it. I also have chronic leg issues, to include stress fractures and shin splints, so I don't run.

I have probably a surprising amount of knowledge of fitness and health, mostly stemming from weeding through misinformation and bull**** while being in the military and being constantly injured.

Always willing to help!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    good luck to al on reching their goals...

feel free to add if youd like...happy to motivate or talk
  • yellerica83
    Options
    I've tried Walk Away the pounds...it was good for movement and heart health. Right now I'm doing Zumba and I'm killing it!! Love it and am looking forward to what's to come! Good luck, add me if ya like :)
  • Crisann9
    Crisann9 Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using the site a few weeks now. Like you said, it's simple. I am a former Weight Watchers "lifetime" member. My healthy, goal weight, for WW was 163 though they say I could go to 145. I am 5'7" and 37yo, mother of a 7yo. Never had this much trouble keeping my body fit/tone. I was military and my max weight there was 163... now I'm back to my post pregnancy weight (3 weeks ago pushing 187).. Today I'm down to 181, but won't "get happy" till I'm in the 170's... the small steps are important.. and loosing gradually and keeping it off is best - lifestyle changes, not "magic pills." Good luck:)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll send you an FR. I'm 31 and got about 80lbs still to go.

Edited because of stupid autocorrecting phone...
  • MissMonicaC
    MissMonicaC Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sure do. :)
  • fitmomforu
    fitmomforu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. This site is very helpful and the support is great!!!
  • isobelo46
    isobelo46 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HI nice to have you with us.Isobelo:smile:
  • Conquer14
    Conquer14 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I really like 30 day shred. It was real challenging at first. Today was day seven gor me and I notice my endurance is so much better. I can almost go almost go all the way through without needing a couple seconds break. You should definotely check it out. You vsn google level one and try it out first. I'll be doing each level for 10 days. I'm guessing that's how most people do it.
  • amandajanefoot
    Options
    Hi. I am new to MtFitnessPal and just starting to understand how this works. On the whole it's very easy so let's see what happens.
  • Floridabound78
    Floridabound78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi New to this but loving what I see so far. I'm trying to lose 10 pounds. So far I have gone from 140 to 135 so I have 10 more to go. I am moving to florida and want to be in the best shape I have ever been. I have currently been running since August but my weight has been like a yo-yo. Not sure how to stop that. I have gone from 133 to 136 in a week then back to 135. I have been talking to some friends and they told me I really need to watch my diet by eating more protein and less carbs....But I love my cookies and chocolate. UGH!!! So far I have been doing ok.
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the best place where you will sure find awesome people. Add me if you like :)