Festivus Friday - airing of grievances

Options
heybales
heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
233313fc41ee3a63_tumblr_mgdqksNdiZ1ro7sbfo1_400.gif.xxxlarge.gif

Now for the airing of grievances.

I gotta real beef with these folks that are just sure they got texting or social network updating/reading (includes MFP now) down while driving.
And this after they have sat at green lights while the cars in front are gone for 10 seconds, while driving they keep going out of their lane on both sides, and despite all this display of their poor ability to do 2 things at once, keep trying to do it.
Then when they reach a break and pay attention to driving fully, now feel the need to get in front of me after I finally got around them for safety's sake.

Someone has the pole ready? Good. Now for some feats of strength, very appropriate for MFP.

seinfeld-festivusjpg.jpg

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Oh and weaving back and forth between lanes claiming "oh it's the wind". PUT THE PHONE DOWN AND LEARN TO CONTROL YOUR VEHICLE!!!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Drivers are annoying however...........

I am off today and the weather is beautiful. So I just wanna dance!!!

tumblr_n2cc3gJ9ny1t4o62mo1_500.gif
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    texting-while-driving-reverend-fun.gif?w=360&h=305
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Just too many out there.....:sad:

daily_gifdump_131_0TGLX_03.gif
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options

6357567.gif

For you Haybales, Your knowledge is unquestioned, Your people skills, well??? J/K you rock my friend.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this HB!!! I am amazed everyday how many times I see people texting/FB'ing on their phones while driving. Some people try to be slick and hide it, others don't even care and are so obvious about it. :explode:

It's ILLEGAL for a reason! It's dangerous! :mad: :mad:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    texting2.gif
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Now for the airing of grievances.

I gotta real beef with these folks that are just sure they got texting or social network updating/reading (includes MFP now) down while driving.
    And this after they have sat at green lights while the cars in front are gone for 10 seconds, while driving they keep going out of their lane on both sides, and despite all this display of their poor ability to do 2 things at once, keep trying to do it.
    Then when they reach a break and pay attention to driving fully, now feel the need to get in front of me after I finally got around them for safety's sake.

Someone has the pole ready? Good. Now for some feats of strength, very appropriate for MFP.

seinfeld-festivusjpg.jpg

I have to agree with you...I hate that when they finally wake up they have to get in front of you...I don't let them I haul *kitten*...
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I hate people.

^ Ditto
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I rode with my sister in law (age 67) last Sunday to a baby shower, praying the whole way there that I'd make it alive. She wasn't texting--she was distracted. She can't talk to other people in the car, drink diet Coke, choose what CD to play, and drive at the same time. I cannot tell you how many times she crossed over the center line or went off the side of the road, but at least a dozen.

I said something to her and so did the other passenger. On the way home, she was better, but it still happened. I won't be riding with her again. I'll drive myself. I told my husband, too, that his older sister scared the heck out of me.

MFP needs a "scared s---less" emoticon in the Add Smiley collection.

Edit: Speaking of MFP, having ALL of my recipes in alphabetical order would be a wonderful thing. And so would being able to change/edit recipes.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    No one had to join me with mine, though I'm glad many dislike seeing it.

This is for your own grievances too, work, business, ect. Go for it.