New and Need motivation

Options
I'm new on here, looking for some people to go on this journey with and that are consistent. Everytime I start to workout and eat right it only last for about 2 weeks. I'm trying to get past that point so maybe getting and giving motivation ,and tips will help. Thanks

Replies

• PrincessWarior
    PrincessWarior Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mike......
    You can add me.
  • gj1802
    gj1802 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike,
    I've also been in the same boat as you too many times. I was always too eager for results and lost motivation too soon.
    I started MFP again in January and this is the longest I've ever managed to stick with it. 2 1/2 months in and starting to see results which really keeps me motivated.
    Trust me - if you can get over the 1st month or two it will get a lot easier!!

Feel free to add me.
  • sabrina19782014
    sabrina19782014 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 35, live in UK, looking for support and meal ideas :smile:
  • chelsiem87
    chelsiem87 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I've been here almost 2 years.. did well the first year then things started taking rough turns.. but I'm not giving up.. I love to help all my friends the best I can and love the feeback as well! Good Luck, love! :bigsmile:
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike,

Just out of curiosity what seems to trigger your lack of motivation after two weeks?
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Really, you need to motivate yourself. We don't amount to a hill of beans, in the long run. If you want it, and respect yourself, get it.

Unless you need a major health crisis to be your wake up call.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Its a lifestyle change, just don't go back! If it were only that easy but its true.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    sign up for a race or event that is a few months from now to keep you focused on your goal. it can be anything, like a 5k, a half marathon, a triathlon, or a mud run. sign up, and start training.
  • PAULAJACKSON23
    PAULAJACKSON23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here, looking for some people to go on this journey with and that are consistent. Everytime I start to workout and eat right it only last for about 2 weeks. I'm trying to get past that point so maybe getting and giving motivation ,and tips will help. Thanks

Hi Mike feel free to add me if you want. I think your struggle of consistent follow through is certainly NOT uncommon. I think that EVERYONE struggles with that, it's so easy to make EVERYTHING else in a life a priority except for taking care of US. I once weighed over 500 lbs and so I know all about how the LONG road can be hard to face, and how easy it is to lose our way. I'd be more than happy to be a friend on here, or an e-mail or texting buddy; phone call - whatever; anything that might help you on those days when you get up and feel like making a left hand turn instead of staying the course. I actually just started using this particular app so I'm not up on how to add people etc., but if you are interested reach out and I'll be one of your motivators. :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike, feel free to add me we can motivate each! :o)):smile:
  • boshka74
    boshka74 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm always up for more friends feel free to add me if you like.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi im exactly the same but ive stuck for 3 months so far and im doing ok come on you can do it 1 day at a time add me if you want x