Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• suekw71
    suekw71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love any friend adds. I just recently came out of lurker status here as I've finally gotten serious about my weight loss. Being quiet and solitary may have its purpose but it's not helped me much. So imagine my happiness to discover this thread and not being alone :)

(mid 40's no kids and sadly no relationship either :()
  • 15Nov2013
    15Nov2013 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me ... i am about to turn 38 ... no kids ... no plans to have any whatsoever
  • 15Nov2013
    Options
    We should start a group for 40+ women, single and no kids.

I fall into this bracket, and I don't even have a cat.

GREAT idea ... only let's stretch it a bit and add us in our late thirties :)
  • 15Nov2013
    Options
    Right here, don't have and don't want! Most of my friends have kids and I have a niece and nephew....that's good enough for me. I just live with my two dogs and I'm happy about it!

Same here ... i have a nephew and he is more than enough ... my two dogs and two cats are enough for me too ;)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    We should start a group for 40+ women, single and no kids.

I fall into this bracket, and I don't even have a cat.

GREAT idea ... only let's stretch it a bit and add us in our late thirties :)
    There is a childfree by choice group here on MFP

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/897-cfbc-private-group
  • Tanzani
    Tanzani Posts: 2
    Options
    I never wanted kids. I am very happy with children. I have been working with kids all of my life. Kids are not for every woman. I adore my nieces and nephew. They are all adults now. My life is happy and full with my girl friends. We travel to different countries today and we have a wonderful time. We are all dating men. Their kids are all adults as well. So it works out for all of us. We are just enjoying life.
  • Tanzani
    Tanzani Posts: 2
    Options
    I am happy without children.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    48 here. No kids.
  • HeatherRM14
    HeatherRM14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    35 and no kids and it doesn't look like there are any on the horizon. I agree that it's hard to find people my age without kids!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Glad to see other 20 somethings respond to this and say they have no interest in having children.
    I'm 26 with no plans or desires to have kids.
    I live in a rural community in central IL so it makes people totally crazy.
    My bf is totally content with it too which is nice.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    No kids... 50 yo though :le sigh:
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    43, married 16 years and no kids, just 4 doggies. They're like kids...a handful, but they don't talk back. :)

Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • hellzak
    hellzak Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You're soooo not alone! I'm 36 with no kids and I am %100 positive that i don't want any. I'm glad that i have a husband that feels the same way!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, married to my sweetheart of 10 years and have no kids due to infertility. Your story pretty much sums up mine: tried to have kids around 37, went through the infertility process of needles and hormones for 3 years and gained weight throughout the process, money finally ran out and I finally had to make a choice. I took my life back and joined WW and lost a good amount of weight only to get back to bad eating habits. While I'm fairly active (exercise 4-5x a week or run races), my eating habits our all over the place. I'm looking to get toned since gravity is working it's magic.

Meanwhile, I'm over the idea of children, feel young at heart, and am intent to age gracefully if I can help it. It will be nice to motivate each other throughout our weight loss process.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    34, no kids, freedommmmm!!!!!
  • calliegirl1973
    calliegirl1973 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    just turned 40 in june and no kids here except my cat.
  • cynthb65
    cynthb65 Posts: 6
    Options
    48, never wanted kids, wonderful husband and 3 hedgehogs, and I love my life :)
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    47, no kids (but love kids; I'm a teacher), never married.

Prefer other people's kids (ones I can send home at the end of the day).

Don't own any animals, but I think the neighbour's cat has adopted me since she hasn't gone home for two years, lol!
  • nette_65
    nette_65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 49 & no biological Kids but I did inherit 7 step-children when I married but they're all adults & live away from home so please add me if you like!
  • amdpei12
    amdpei12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm also 43, no kids, and 3 dogs! Have been away from MFP for a while - and have 21 of my 24 pounds back on :( It's a neverending battle!! Trying to get started again!