Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pregnant! Increase calories?

Hello. I am 3 months pregnant so I'm try to focus on being healthy and not so much on losing weight. I was wondering if I should allow myself extra calories because of the pregnancy or maybe just adjust my weight loss goals in my preferences?

Anyone know what's best?

Replies

• aimladuke
    aimladuke Posts: 60 Member
    I would talk to your doctor. They can reccommend the best calorie intake for your body/ pregnancy.
  • MargaretSans
    MargaretSans Posts: 54 Member
    I did. He says he doesn't like restricting pregnant patients calories to any certain amount but to just follow the canada food guide. I like the structure of calorie counting though
  • aimladuke
    aimladuke Posts: 60 Member
    In that case (and I am def, no expert) I would figure out what your "maintenance" calories are and increase by 200- 300. I have heard that is how many "extra" calories are needed during pregnancy.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    In that case (and I am def, no expert) I would figure out what your "maintenance" calories are and increase by 200- 300. I have heard that is how many "extra" calories are needed during pregnancy.

No, that sounds about right :D
  • MargaretSans
    MargaretSans Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks!
  • HavtaLose
    HavtaLose Posts: 59 Member

This. I think in your 3rd trimester you might have to increase by 500.