Your top reason(s) why you fell off track??

Options
13»

Replies

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi great question by the way

Fell off track-(how long ya got?)
    1) I will take a break as its xmas or my bday and start again Monday?(Monday never happened)
    2) I became complacent and lost hope when nothing happened
    3) I told myself im fine and itd be ok
    4)no motivation and lazy

Reasons im on track
    1) I am a mum and a fiancée but im ME and I want to be the best ME I can be
    2) MFP motivates supports and teaches
    3) because I can do it and it may be slow I may plateau but im NOT giving up
    4) life is too precious to waste being miserable
    5) I love healthy food and exercise and the odd treat not treat day is great!!!!
  • AMM160981
    AMM160981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Off Track:
    - I wasn't drinking so figured I could eat more on the weekends and be fine.
    - Emotional/binge eating every time I was alone
    - Over ate at one holiday so figured until holiday season was over, I would treat myself.
    -Even at this weight, my wedding dress still looks good, so if I got married like this NBD.

On Track:
    - I want to look my best on my wedding day, a memory I could look back on and not make a face.
    - Living a full, healthy life; reducing stress and worry that I put on myself because of my self image.
    - Fiance is turning 30, he needs to be more active and not live off of Mtn Dew and junky foods. I can be a good example.
    - when I look in the mirror, I see my potential and want to shed this shell that is keeping me from reaching it.
    - Summer...3 months away
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. And again. And again. And again... so that's what I'm doing.

exactly :flowerforyou:
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Fell off track reasons:
    -Gotham's crime rate diminishing
    -Rachel's death
    -Old Age
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    -Overly busy with school and work
    -One big stubborn plateau
    -Frustrated after not seeing results within 2 weeks.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Fell off track reasons:
    -Gotham's crime rate diminishing
    -Rachel's death
    -Old Age
    qftw
  • healthykaitlin
    healthykaitlin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fell off track because...
    -I've always had some time of eating disorder.. whether it be under-eating or emotional eating.
    -When I was at my smallest, 118 (I'm 5'4"), I got there in a pretty unhealthy way... by restricting my calories to a point where I was lucky if I reached 500/day. When I got to 118, I started eating normally (honestly, I became more confident and found myself out a lot more!) That was just TOO HARD to keep up with.. it never would have worked.
    -My weight climbed to 205 and I was easily discouraged whenever attempting to diet because weight loss is a lot more difficult for me now. I got very used to the biggest loser-style instant gratification that a pound a day brought me when I had time to exercise for 3-4 hours/day and barely ate.

Picked myself up because...
    -I didn't want to be obese anymore.
    -I want to change my relationship with food, and realize that the numbers aren't my top priority - health is.
    -I want to be a runner, beat my best, and not put so much pressure on my poor knees!

I still have really bad days. There are days when I binge, days when I step on the scale and I'm not happy with my progress. It's really hard changing this mindset.. but I've lost over 30 lbs. I've made a lot of changes to my diet and lifestyle, and I'm learning to take pride in my progress.
  • melissat888250
    melissat888250 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Originally I gained weight from stress in 2013. I gained 30 pounds between October 2012 and July 2013. I also moved and went through 4 jobs and was unemployed for 4 months (employed 4 months/ unemployed 1 month/ employed 2 months/ unemployed 3 months).

Couldn't afford a gym membership/stopped keeping track at christmas and forgot to start keeping track again afterwards. I started keeping track again sometime in February after I had gotten back in the swing of things. Note to self, next year don't stop keeping track for the holidays.

I've lost a little over half of the weight I gained last year and am excited to get below my weight in October 2012 in the next few months. :)
  • pinkprincess3082
    pinkprincess3082 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like food. I like eating food which = obscene amounts of calories.

Unfortunately I also like being slim. The two don't mix well!
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    Fell of track:

-Emotional/personal reasons that implied turning to food
    -Laziness
    -Lack of actual determination to make a lifestyle change, so anything would only last a few weeks at best.
    -Cravings/hunger
    -Hated gyms full or people

Keeping on track:

-Because I don't want to spend my 20's (or whole life for that matter) embarrassed to take off my shirt.
    -Found a lifestyle change that was easy to stick with, eliminated cravings, and helped me gain more energy to workout (Keto)
    -Actual willpower and determination to change my lifestyle as opposed to looking for the quick fix.
    -Bought some exercise equipment to use at home and I actually use it. (If I didn't mention it earlier, I hate gyms full of people lol)
    -I now have realistic expectations of how weight loss/lifestyle change works which helps me get through the tough parts where it seems like nothing happened in a week or 2.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    #5 - The people around me are eating junk. Family, friends... it's how we bond.
    #4 - Wife popped out baby #3. All my free time is gone.
    #3 - Went on vacation and couldn't get back into a healthy routine.
    #2 - Bad weather keeping me indoors.

And the number 1 reason.for me....

#1- I was hungry.
  • leapylees
    leapylees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fell off track:
    Boredom
    Distractions or disruptions to my routine, ranging from illness to having visitors to going on holiday.
    Periods of poor mental health (chronic depression sufferer - though have been stable/good for a while now)

Getting back/keeping on track:
    realisation that I'm rapidly advancing through my thirties and it'll be easier to get to a healthy weight sooner rather than later
    I don't want to add 'failed to get to a healthy weight' to my (rather negative) list of 'personal failures since the age of 18'
    fear of various lifestyle-related illnesses that have affected other members of my family
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Knee injury
    Got burned out......tried to be perfect all the time for over a year (7 days a week workouts, eating as clean as possible). Works for some people but not for me specially being a single mom with 2 very active kids.
    Dad died
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Beer caused me to fall off the track.

Freaking beer. And Cranbrritas. And Caesars. And red wine...

The past 2 summers have been brutal for me sticking to my "plan". Long day at work leads to a drink or two and sitting in my lawn chair recliner and the workout never gets done. The weekends are spent back in that recliner, perhaps butt-deep in the lake or at a peaceful camp site. With a beverage in the cup holder. Does wonders for my stress level, but not so much for my gut.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    -Bought some exercise equipment to use at home and I actually use it. (If I didn't mention it earlier, I hate gyms full of people lol)

same here, got an elliptical and I love it! It definitely helps keep me on track
  • stephshirley
    Options
    for me it's inability to actually lose weight since I started, seeing 'big' girls who are beautiful and confident and thinking 'screw this, I'm gonna be fat and happy'. I switch from thinking this to 'I'm repulsive. must. lose. weight.' it's very frustrating haha
  • wyllden
    wyllden Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mostly after a few weeks of seeing results I slack off. I get into the "I'm just going to rest the next couple of days" mindset which usually turns into a couple of weeks :explode:

This time though, and with all the intermittent nice/warm days we're having, it makes me want to work that much harder knowing that spring/summer are just around the corner and I want to be successful this go around!

This is pretty much the same reasoning for me. said last Tuesday evening I was gonna have a cheat day Wednesday and then back to it on thursday - although I tried to get back on track on thursday, here I am on Saturday still craving the sweet things and giving in to the cravings - falling back into old habits.
    I find it so hard to get back on track - like the more sugar I have the more I want.

As you also said - the fact that summer is just around the corner and I want to be hot and confident instead of fat and self conscious is one thing that helps a bit - I really better get back to it or it'll be Winter again before I am at my goal
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    1. Girl Scout cookies
    2. Chocolate
    3. Pizza
    4. Donuts
    5. Pastry
    .... I think food is my main downfall!
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options