how many of you log a new weight more than once a week???

Options
how many of you log a new weight more than once a week??? :bigsmile: it may be a little loss but you still feel good about losing it rite so u log it??

Replies

• tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I typically only wait and do it once a week because I like to see a bigger number and it makes me feel like I am really making progress. I may get on the scale a few times a week but I only log on Thursdays.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    I weigh myself a few times a day. Just to see whats going on. It is habit for me. I also eat better this way.. maybe cut a few more carbs add some protein instead etc etc. I log my weight when I go down. Even if it is the next day. I always log a loss.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I record 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Loss or gain. That's how I did it when I lost weight with LA weight loss and that's what worked well for me in terms of accountability. Doing it by myself this time (got disillusioned by the high pressure sales of non-tested products that promised to fix everything) but I'm still keeping to the 3X a week schedule.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    What I do is if I continuously weigh myself throughout the week and I am doing good and I know I'm doing good I will track/log my new weight if it's smaller. I mostly do that because it's what the scale said! And also - to motivate me to want to keep it off incase it isn't a real loss.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If the scale goes down I log it! (I weigh myself whenever I feel like, I don't stick to once a week because I can get too off track if I wait that long). However, that can backfire cuz if I gain back a couple pounds of bloating I feel liar I'm lying lol
  • hchristine
    Options
    I log every time I see a loss on the scale. I think about only doing it once a week, but I just can't help myself :) Even if it's only .2 pounds, it's still something...lol
  • imagin002
    Options
    I weigh every day, and always log it if I see a loss! I just don't log when it fluctuates up that day :)
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    I ck mine about twice a month.
  • brstraka
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning or every other morning because it keeps me on track and I found that I fell better weighing the same even if the day before i didn't feel like I did a good job. but it is nice to log that .2 just to see the progress report line going in a consistant gradual line down.
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh every morning (after I pee! lol) just to see what's going on, and where I'm at. I only log if I've gone down. I don't expect to see a huge deficit from the day before, but knowing if I've gained/lost keeps me motivated.
  • tishieb
    tishieb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Every time I get on a scale on I have lost I am SOOO thrilled and proud I log it in :) Even if it's so small ..
    Every bit counts :) Anyway, it makes me feel GOOD and that's what I like :)
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new scales that measure in like .2 ,.4 ,.6, .8. of a lb. and I 'm gonna weigh and log everyday it helps motivate.:smile:
  • marthack
    Options
    I only weight myself once a week in the mornings after my workout and then I log it. I think that if I keep on checking my weight I would go crazy. Thankfully it's always been a loss or no change (the day after thanskgiving, I guess I should be happy for that).
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Until I reached my goal, I logged every day. I noted the whole pound numbers--not the tenths of a pound: 142, versus 142.5.
    That way, I could do the normal fluctuation during the week, but as long as it was 142.something, I was in good shape! It kept me motivated.
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever it's convenient. Sometimes that means everyday, sometimes only once or twice a week and occasionally once every two weeks. I don't stress about it because I'm seeing a difference in the way my clothes fit, which is what really matters. The one thing that I'm consistent about is that I always weigh myself first thing in the morning and in the nude before I've ate or drank anything.

And I ALWAYS log a loss.
  • parki
    parki Posts: 2
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. It's part of my morning routine. I've even thought about taking my scale on trips - but decided that might be a little obsessive. I keep a handwritten journal that I record in every day (good or bad news). I log in here sporadically. I don't have a "normal" routine. I do like the Monday, Wednesday, Friday idea though. Thank you.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I randomly weigh, but will only log when I see a loss. Like a previous poster said, if I weigh again and see a gain I feel like a liar lol. But logging that loss no matter how little seems to keep me motivated to not ever go above it.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but wont log it until I see the same number 2 days in a row. Then I know it's a real loss and not just the internal "tide" going up and down. So if I have multiple losses during the week it gets logged as long as it shows 2 days in a row.
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    I weigh myself weekday as a part of my morning routine. I report any change of weight, up or down, to remind myself to keep up my exercise and diet habits. I don't stress over small changes because I am on a maintenance program and am only looking for trends that would tell me something is going wrong.

I'm not so good about the weekends as I really don't have a morning routine if I'm not headed for work. Right now my big issue is getting to bed earlier so my body can function properly with less food and more activity.