Hello from the winter wonderland

Options
It would be nice if fitness was a destination but it's a journey. From what I've seen so far on this site, it looks like I'll have many good traveling pals. I'm looking forward to the trip!

I've been on the road to fitness since April 2010... joined a fitness club. It was difficult at first but now it's a routine. It took about 3 weeks at 5 days a week to establish the habit. Now, I workout about 3-4 times a week. My workout consist of cardio and some weight training. My husband says the workouts are really working. It's like we're dating again. Dirty old man wouldn't keep his hands off me. :-)

I'm hoping this site will continue to encourage me to keep keepin' on. I'm including proper dieting to my routing...thus, joining Myfitnesspal.com. I see alot of team/pal encouragement here. That's good because it's helpful to have support or company on the diet/fitness trip. I like how fitness pal focuses on diet and fitness for good health.

We have about a foot to a foot and a half of snow here in northern Michigan. We're going to have a white Christmas! We're suppose to get another 10-12 inches in the next few days. My husband and I will be using last Christmas' joint gift very soon... snowshoes. We're looking forward to it. That will give us not only some enjoyable time together but exercise and calories spent as well.

A bit more about me: I love doing crafts, cooking shows, cooking, my husband, my son, Michigan, and God. Not necessarily in that order. It seems there are an increasing number of "non-belivers" in this day and age. However, this is another lifestyle attribute I'm committed to. No more wondering why am I here, what's the meaning of life, what's my purpose, is this life all there is, etc. No matter what the critics say, Jesus was God in the flesh, solved the sin and death issue, is the only savior and way to a better life and future, and is now king supreme. No more relative truth...it's absolute truth for me.

Anyway, this posting said to "introduce yourself"; in addition, I just wanted to say I'm looking forward to using this site and the journey.

Replies

• Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    getting 12 to 16 inches here in Minnesota with 40 MPH winds, total white out almost
  • TOdoubleping
    TOdoubleping Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    See that's why I love Michigan!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I live in Northern Michigan as well...and yeah just waiting for that snow to start coming down!
  • Ssminey79
    Ssminey79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    getting 12 to 16 inches here in Minnesota with 40 MPH winds, total white out almost

Yah! You betcha :) It's crazy out here!! My husband is supposed to play a gig tonight in SE Minneapolis; I kinda hope it gets cancelled. AND he is supposed to drive to Chicago tomorrow! Eeek!
  • lupuslady
    Options
    I so enjoyed reading your note. I was born and raised in lower Michigan, but we always vacationed in Northern Michigan,it was so pretty up there. I have lived in Charlotte NC for over 40 years and the kids get so excited when we have snow. It is so rare, when my boys were little, the minute it started to coat the grass, we were flying around the house looking for gloves and hats. Oh what fun times that was. My guys are now 30 and 33 yrs old. We don't get snow every year but the boys and their friends still love it when does happen. Right now Charlotte is having one of the worst cold snaps in the earliest times of the winter we have ever had. If this keeps up our Feb will bring us some snow. Feb is always our best chance to get some snow. Pray for us so we get some of your weather. Except not tomorrow. We have a huge family party planned for tomorrow, it is with my exhusb family.
    Good luck on Journey through wt loss. it does work, nice and slow so it won't come back. Please friend me if you like.