Drinking too much water?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You just have to make sure you're spreading it out across the day and that you're eating porperly. I drink about that much on days I work out, and a little less than a gallon on every other day. I dont drink anything but water so this all replaces any coffee/juice/sodas that people would normally be drinking. I <3 H2O!
  • charmedp326
    Options
    I was told by a nurse that I used to work with that if you're drinking so much water that you're urine is completely clear (as in, not even a hint of a color to it), than you're drinking too much water.
  • RToland45
    RToland45 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Drinking the amount of water you state will only hurt you if you drink it ALL at one time. Too much water can interrupt your electrolytes. It's best to drink water throughout the day. Water toxicity is very rare but it can happen.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Don't drown ! >:)
  • JimiB73
    JimiB73 Posts: 34
    Options
    Bah. If you like water than keep on drinking it. Especially if you are exercising regularly. I mean, I wouldn't recommend 3 gallons a day or anything, but a gallon or so is absolutely fine.
  • TNM2014
    TNM2014 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It is recommended that you drink 1/2 of your body weight :)
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    Drinking too much water can cause you to be malnourished - you can literally just pee out all the vitamins and minerals you need....
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I drink like 12 cups a day. Sometimes more, sometimes a little less. But I don't feel human and hydrated unless I get the 12 cups in.

As long as you're urinating and getting enough sodium and potassium, and you feel okay, then you'll be fine. And you should drink it throughout the day, not like six cups at once lol. The danger from drinking too much water comes in when you're not getting adequate sodium (or electrolytes, whatever). Some people say you should drink half your weight in ounces of water. So for me, that's 15 cups. According to that theory, I'm not getting *enough* water. Some people think 12 cups is enough as it is. Pffft.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    It is recommended that you drink 1/2 of your body weight :)

75lbs of water is a lot of water.
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Jenjenthejetplane1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Take note all this water I'm drinking is spread out from when I wake uo at 5:30 am to when I go to bed at 10:00 ish pm lol.