Best tasting protein powder?

Options

Replies

• meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Delicious Protein by Giant Sports (Cookies and Cream) is my new favorite. It's so tasty!
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    BSN Syntha-6 Chocolate is the tastiest protein powder out of the 6 or so different ones I have tried. Second place for taste would be Muscle Milk Chocolate. I recommend staying away form anything from Wal-Mart. My next purchase might be something Cookies N Cream flavored as I love oreos. Any suggestions??
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I like the Omega Pumpkin Protein Powder. It's got a lot less protein than other brands, but mixes well and is virtually flavorless.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    TRUTEIN.
    Nothing else compares. Smoothest texture, no weird chemical aftertaste.
    It is a whey/casein/egg blend. Just divine~

My favorite flavor is cinnabun but they are all really good.
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Muscletech Phase 8 chocolate
    DING DING DING, winner winner chicken dinner. i have tried Optimum Nutrition - always good, great quality stuff. trutein - wasn't bad, mixed well. cellucor - good, mixed well, a little grity. Phase 8 - holy smokes batman, the peanut butter choco is amazing. chocolate, yes please. i love mixing in a serving of sugar free chocolate pudding mix. makes a nice thick pudding. love it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Super Advanced Chocolate Whey, love it in my steel cut oats with banana greek yogurt. :love:
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I take myprotein Impact Whey Isolate. Only 92kcals for 25g serving and high in protein and low in carbs and fat. Also tastes delicious.

Check out myprotein.com

Not sure where you're from - this is a UK company

ETA: If you're looking for high protein, low cal, low carb, low fat protein look for Whey Isolate, rather than standard whey. I'm pretty sure most manufacturers will have their own version of Whey Isolate. Just depends on your taste preference. I find the vanilla flavours are always a good option. Not as sweet as chocolate and strawberry and has a thicker, creamier texture (even when mixed with water). I avoid chocolate flavours as the cocoa reduces the protein content by about 8%, rather than 3% with other flavours (according to myprotein.com)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I really like the Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Isolate - Vanilla Creme. Its 130 calories, 1g carb, 30g of protein per scoop! About $20 at most stores. They had it at walmart and the local Meijer.

Oh, and I mix it with unsweetened almond milk.

I buy the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Isolate in Vanilla Creme, it's only OK to me. The vanilla comes across to me as VERY VERY strongly artificial in smell...if you can get past that then the TASTE is ok - not great but at least palatable. I add a serving (2 tbsp) of Nesquick No Sugar Added chocolate milk mix to it to make it great but at that point, why not just buy the chocolate flavor? (FTR I don't buy the chocolate flavor because I find vanilla to be more versatile in recipes and such - I can always add the chocolate powder to the vanilla if I want but I can't remove the chocolate from chocolate flavored protein powder if I would need to - seems convoluted but it works for me :laugh:)
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Muscletech Phase 8 chocolate

I'm a big fan of the vanilla myself, but the chocolate is good.

With that said, unless someone here has tried EVERY single protein on the market, then you're going to get opinion. Trial and error is the best way, but that gets expensive. Be on the lookout for the sample packs and try those. It's a matter of taste and more importantly YOUR taste. I may love the Phase 8 Vanilla, but you may find it disgusting.

Bodybuilding.com does offer a lot of reviews so you may want to start there.
  • ElaineChaney
    Options
    I love the Body by Vi Shakes, I started using this product February 24th and have lost 10 pounds so far, they are low in calories and sugar, they taste good and it's easy to do.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    For the people saying MuscleTech - you might want to go back and watch the video I posted about Amino spiking.

If you don't like Lobliner, or think that his reporting is a conflict of interest (fair he has his own company), then you can do your own google searches on "amino spiking".

EDIT: Here is an image to make it more clear. Three Whey labels. The first one is a trusted brand, and shows basically what you want your ingredient list to look like. The other two (and I left out brand names because whats more important is being able to spot this regardless of brand name) are POTENTIALLY amino spiking. I highlighted the type of thing you don't want to see listed high in the ingredients...

8wkwns.jpg
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    For the people saying MuscleTech - you might want to go back and watch the video I posted about Amino spiking.

If you don't like Lobliner, or think that his reporting is a conflict of interest (fair he has his own company), then you can do your own google searches on "amino spiking".

EDIT: Here is an image to make it more clear. Three Whey labels. The first one is a trusted brand, and shows basically what you want your ingredient list to look like. The other two (and I left out brand names because whats more important is being able to spot this regardless of brand name) are POTENTIALLY amino spiking. I highlighted the type of thing you don't want to see listed high in the ingredients...

8wkwns.jpg
    noted, researched, still drinking muscletech.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Try to see if you can find places that sell individual packets that you can try before you commit to a bigger container. I'm really sensitive to the sugar substitute after-taste and didn't even think to look for that in the ingredient list the first time I went powder shopping. Thankfully, I noticed the taste in a individual packet I got and then knew to search for flavored powders with regular sugar. Other people will prefer to find the powders with sugar substitutes (since they will have lower carbs).
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • skraparas
    skraparas Posts: 16
    Options
    The best I've tried is Plant Fusion. Expensive but worth it for its lack of chemicals and processing plus great flavor...it's made from amaranth and quinoa.
  • Violajt
    Violajt Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi sweetie, I was just introduce to this meal replacement that taste like ice cream. When I tell you how wonderful it taste and how much protein it has it will be unbelievable. Go online to www.iLikeChike.com (only 4g sugar & 28g protein per serving). I'm having the gastric sleeve done on the 27th of March and I need all the protein I can get.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I like Jay Robb's, all flavors.
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    the ice cream meal replacement sounds delicious and I personally like the strawberry and the chocolate whey protein
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Trutein. Cinnabun is the best!
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    God yall are naming some nasty stuff. If you want taste go for Bsn syntha6. I use bnrg proto whey it has a clean taste and is hydrolyzed for optimum absorption. Chocolate in both of course

THIS! BSN chocolate peanut butter is delicious. No fake sugar taste and really creamy (esp when mixed with low cal almond milk).

If you are looking for low carb - Iso Sensation 93 Cafe Brazil is ok, and good when you add a shot of real coffee in!