The John Pilate series.
    Pilate's Cross,
    Pilate's Key,
    Pilate's Ghost.

The 4th one is in the works right now.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading a bunch of terrible books I could barely get through, but read at others' insistence. None worth mentioning.

The last book I truly enjoyed was Piper Kerman's "Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison" (not sure if I have that title exactly correct). I've never seen the TV show that was made loosely based on the book, but I think it is VERY different from the book because I have heard the show's hilarious and the book is fairly serious and really, really good!

My local library just ordered a book for me, that I am dying to read: "Fresh Off the Boat" by Eddie Huang. It is supposed to be good AND hilarious.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? By Mindy Kaling … I laughed out loud practically the entire time I was reading it!

This!! It's brilliant :)

Soooo loved this book!
  • snoopyjet
    snoopyjet Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm such a book addict, I'm reading 5 books at the time and one more for an honest review.
    So here it goes:

Tarnsman of Gor https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/464685.Tarnsman_of_Gor
    TA Today: A New Introduction to Transactional Analysis https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/627052.TA_Today
    Dark Bites (Dream-Hunter #1) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13508220-dark-bites
    The Selfish Gene https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8116629-the-selfish-gene
    The Ultimate Guide to Kink: BDSM, Role Play and the Erotic Edge https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15745284-the-ultimate-guide-to-kink
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Primal Blueprint, need to finish reading Lean In (business book), and I just finished Inferno (typical Dan Brown). Debating which Fiction book I want to read. I have one on my Kindle titled The Walk that I need to get to but I have The Barrens in paperback that I've been meaning to read forever... #bookwormproblems.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    *Steps in for some new titles*
  • Oldtimer_65
    Options
    The Dark Tower series by Stephen King if you have not read it. And if you have read it, be sure to read The Wind Through the Keyhole....its a new one that goes along with the series. Incredible.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    "A World Undone: The Story of the Great War, 1914 to 1918" - G. J. Meyer
    "These Honored Dead: How the Story of Gettysburg Shaped American Memory" - Thomas Desjardin
    "The Things They Carried" - Tim O'Brien
    "Command Authority" - Tom Clancy
    "Bunker Hill: a City, a Siege, a Revolution" - Nathaniel Philbrick
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Besides my school books (clinical physiology, haematology, clinical chemistry) I'm currently reading "Operation Overlord, Day by Day." After that one I'm gonna read "World War II, Day by Day." I mainly read history and science books/magazines + comics (Donald Duck, Dilbert...) :D
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Divergent, House of Night books, Women of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong, Laurell K Hamiltons Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, and Merry Gentry series, Sara Shepards books such as Pretty Little Liars, & The Lying Game, Mortal Instruments, The Looking Glass Wars, Mogranville Vampires, Vampire Academy. I've got so many books on my ipad its insane. I think I had close to 1,000 books. Though I decided to go the mostly digital route, due to a house fire in 2012 that resulted in me losing all of my books that I'd spent 24 years (at that time) collecting. :(
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    The Dark Tower series by Stephen King if you have not read it. And if you have read it, be sure to read The Wind Through the Keyhole....its a new one that goes along with the series. Incredible.

This ^ is what I'm currently reading for the umpteenth time. It is that good, in my opinion! I'm on the last book right now. I second the recommendation on The Wind Through the Keyhole, too. IF anyone chooses to read the Dark Tower series by Stephen King, be patient and keep in mind that the first book isn't the best at all. If you can get through that one, it's well worth the effort if you like fantasy/fiction/suspense/horror/supernatural all rolled into a story that is just so epic that I have lost count as to how many times I've re-read it.

I am also reading Quofum, by Alan Dean Foster.
    I just finished reading Worth Dying For, by Lee Child and can hardly wait to get my hands on the next book in that series.
    Before that I completed NOS4A2, by Joe Hill, who is Stephen King's son. He writes very much like his father, but with fewer bad words, but just as much suspense.
    And The Mountains Echoed, by Khalid Hossein was quite good, but there are a lot of flashbacks in it, making it a little difficult to tell where the storyline is, time-wise.
    I have picked up and will re-read the Pip and Flinx series of stories by Alan Dean Foster. They are quite humorous and the author is bringing that series to a close.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    The Black Dagger Brotherhood series - by JR Ward
    Eternal Guardians series- by Elizabeth Naughton
    *re-reading these because they both have a new book being released in April

also on book #6(latest) in "Her Angel series - by Felicity Heaton

good luck with your hunt :bigsmile:
  • BozGirl
    BozGirl Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I just started reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, and the writing is incredible. I am trying to read more books in 2014 instead of mindlessly surfing social media.

I've read these books so far this year, and I especially loved the first two:

Wild by Cheryl Strayed
    She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
    Coming of Age in Mississippi by Anne Moody
    Desert Flower by Waris Dirie
    Run Like a Mother by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea

Also, the book The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick was very engrossing, I finished it in two days.
  • kiniece
    kiniece Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Mafia Kingfish: Carlos Marcello :smokin:
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Maus by Art Spiegelman
    Comic about the life of Spiegelmans dad who survived the holocaust. Great book, really impressive.
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I second the Dark Tower series ... in fact I think it's time for me to re-read it ... again.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt. It's one of the best books I've read in a long, long time. Next up is "My Booky Wook 2: This Time It's Personal" by Russell Brand. I'm a big fan of his and I can't wait to start it.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs. It's an urban fantasy story part of her Mercy Thompson series.

Awesome series if you're into PNR like I am. I would kill for a Brother that's a combination of Vishous and John Matthew. :laugh:
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs. It's an urban fantasy story part of her Mercy Thompson series.

Awesome series if you're into PNR like I am. I would kill for a Brother that's a combination of Vishous and John Matthew. :laugh:

I know, Right!
    I also wanted Quinn too, that's out the window, lol
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Assassin's Apprentice - Robin Hobb

My Goodreads to read list is entirely too long. It does not help that I add about 20 for every 1 that I read.