23 yo woman overweight all my life. Need help all around

Options
2»

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Tonilynn, you've gotten great advice here!
    I just want to add- don't be afraid of healthy fats!
    Add a bit of olive oil to your salad and veggies as the nutrients in these foods will be better absorbed into your body.
    Eat avocado, all kinds of nuts and nut butters.
    Eggs are great protein but you can cook them any way you like em!
    I love mixing in a tablespoon of Bellino pesto sauce into my veggies! It adds yummy flavor and gives me healthy fats!
    A tablespoon of grated peccorino Romano adds great flavor at only 25 calories!
    Salad is great but eat all kinds of fresh fruits and veggies for variety and lots of fiber and nutrients.
    Most of all- don't be afraid of any food (except transfat lol)!
    The less you restrict yourself, the less deprived you will feel and the more satisfied you will be.
    This will enable you to live this lifestyle for the rest of your life.
    Very simple. Eat less-move more! Don't starve yourself.
    When you start to exercise regularly-eat some of those exercise calories back.
    There is absolutely no need to be hungry!
    You can do this!
  • ToniLynnF
    ToniLynnF Posts: 15
    Options
    All I can say as of now is I really think I got this! lol Not expert "got this" but in the right mind state and now equipped with the knowledge to help me get to where I want to go. In the past Ive dreaded losing the weight (well dreaded what it took to get there) but this time around Im actually really happy about it. Like I feel a rush knowing that Im doing my body good if that makes sense. The tips and advice have been wonderful but honestly the new found friends and support is what I think is truly making this process successful this time around. I dont feel like Im going at this all alone. The motivation is really helping me stay focused and feel like its okay that it will take a while to get to where I want to be. It took 23 years to get to where I am now and Im ready and willing to take as much time as it takes to get to a point where I am healthy. Thank you guys again from the bottom of my heart. Your words are inspiring me to keep at it and it feels good. No, it feels great! Im sweaty and my muscles are twitching and I feel GREAT about that lol Thats a definite first for me and I owe a lot of it to the encouragement Ive received from the wonderful people on this site!